Hendricks looked like he thought he was too good to be fighting Thompson.

Saying Johnny is declining takes credit away from Wonderboy. Wonderboy is a notch or two higher as a striker, than Johnny's previous opponents. His first mistake was thinking Wonderboy was similar to Condit. In the countdown show, Johnny says he has fought guys like Wonderboy before and used Condit as an example, who couldn't be more different. I think he expected Wonderboy to be there to be hit like Condit is, and it didn't happened.

It was weird. Every time Johny got tagged, he nodded and smirked like it was nothing. Even right before being TKO'd. I don't know if that was only his 'poker face' or was he really that naïve and foolish to think Thompson couldn't hurt him.
The nod was after a low blow thompson stopped to make sure it wasn't on the nuts so johnny nodded to keep going, he could have faked the nut shot to buy time

His life, of course, but I'd like to see him go back to Jonny Caveman style. It was working better for him.

The nod was after a low blow thompson stopped to make sure it wasn't on the nuts so johnny nodded to keep going, he could have faked the nut shot to buy time
Alright, a couple of guys brought that up in this thread. Need to watch the fight again. Fair play on Johny's part there but I still think he underestimated Thompson dearly

It's weird.
Do you think not getting the decision has him gotten-to?
There has to be a reason for the decline that makes some sense.
yeah not having drugs has taken its toll on a lot of people. GSP was onto something.

Hendricks has completely fallen apart since the GSP fight. He had the potential to really take the WW crown and run with it. But he hasn't.
GSP steals souls when he fights people. It's proven fact.

The rumor is when Hendricks refused to do the random testing with him he hired a PI who found needles in Hendricks trash that tested positive for multiple banned substances. Lorenzo refused to do anything and that is why GSP retired.

I have no idea how true it is, but based on what has happened since I would not be surprised.
I never heard that but always wondered what the push was on the extra testing was for. He spoke as though he knew JH was dirty but I never heard that story. That would be interesting.

Alright, a couple of guys brought that up in this thread. Need to watch the fight again. Fair play on Johny's part there but I still think he underestimated Thompson dearly
He looked like a lightweight in there and got whooped, it was pretty shocking. Also, his chin has been granite up to this point

He talked shit about GSP and then refused strict testing. USADA going hard.

I agree with TS. That first headkick where Hendricks acted like "Pshaw, as if!" was what jumped out at me. He didn't respect Wonder Boy and he got taken out.

For some reason this thread reminds me of a thread that appeared when hendricks was on top and had just gotten that ridiculous truck. You had half of the posters in 7there championing/defending the all too common " I'm gonna run out and start buying frivolous shit the nanosecond that I have a shred of disposable income " route that hendricks was taking and that middle class rubes often fall into. Look where he is now kids , failed restaurant, income potential severely curtailed and probably only gonna get worse , piss poor choices. Great example of why living within ( within =below...not at the limit of )your means is advice worth heeding. / rant

I never heard that but always wondered what the push was on the extra testing was for. He spoke as though he knew JH was dirty but I never heard that story. That would be interesting.
It's one of the reasons I put SOME stock in the rumor. GSP was clearly mad about something concerning Hendricks, so much so he retired. And since random testing was forced Hendricks has been terrible, could not make weight,and then rd. 1 KO.

Hendricks is not motivated enough.

This motivation thing with Hendricks is more legit than with BJ.

I mean, Hendricks got robbed twice. It's hard

Exactly what Rashad did before he got Machida'd.

dev0qh.jpg

(by FightsFTW)

Nice work (FightsFTW)

check-out-this-amazing-video-showing-how-the-monsters-of-american-horror-story-freak-sho-595889.gif

He looked overmatched and ineffective. You can look good against someone better than you if you have a nice gameplan and decent set of skills. You might still lose, but at least it makes for a match. Johnny looked very green in this fight. He looked like he didn't even know what to expect.

Back