Hendricks looked like he thought he was too good to be fighting Thompson.

I wouldn't say it was a matter of him thinking he was too good. He got his takedown stuffed and was starting to get picked apart and he just froze. What camp is he even training with now that he left Team Takedown? He could benefit from going to a legit camp

He had his hands low, didn't show any mental engagement or head movement, ignored most of Thompson's strikes as though they were meaningless and just dropped his hands completely like "ugh why do I have to bother with you" when they separated. Up until he got TKO'd of course.

Does Hendricks always fight like that?
Hendricks just thought he could wade through any karate stuff and do what he wanted. By the time he figured out he couldn't, he was pretty chopped-up and couldn't do much about it. Then he got plugged in and lit up like Times Square and it was all over. What a wasted outing for him, but Wonderboy really had a Lufthansa-sized come-up.

Hendricks has completely fallen apart since the GSP fight. He had the potential to really take the WW crown and run with it. But he hasn't.
He fell apart when he was forced to do Random testing. The testing he agreed to do for the GSP fight and then refused to do it.

Gonna be interesting to see how well post USADA Hendricks does

Well we all knew the usada and iv ban would have its casualties.

It's the fluidity of Wonderboys right kick
YJTo1iQkXA0sE.gif

R8a0s4cH1H0Qg.gif

5EopqQVZTzJ1m.gif

4ofljpMbuXB16.gif

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

Normally you would 1-2-...RHK. There's a pause when you're going from striking to kicks, you all know it, you see it. Not with Wonderboy, he's used that right leg so much it's like
1-2-3, it's like he's about sneak in a third shot combo cuz his right kick is so smooth.

Look ususally it's
1 (half beat) 2 (half beat) (full beat) RHK

cause obviously we don't transition well from a stable stance/posture to suddenly balancing on 1 foot while lauching off with the other.

Even when Wonderboy launches his right kick, it's not "faster" than other kicks, he's just so fluid in his transitions.

wanna see a difference? Wonderboys spinning back kick is normal/slow, then just look at how he lauches with his right leg, either high or mid, and you'll see he's like a beat ahead what is standard.

Wonderboy was controlling the ring and the pace, Big Rig just couldn't set up anything. (timing wise)

What was the striking accuracy in that fight? Did Wonderboy even miss once?

It's weird.
Do you think not getting the decision has him gotten-to?
There has to be a reason for the decline that makes some sense.
it makes perfect sense to me.

but this is like me also begrudgingly brooding over something that didnt go my way a few years ago.

i was talking to a friend and he was telling me i need to develop a mentality to reflect once something has happened just let it go and move on. instead of doing the total opposite, because no matter what you want to do or think you can do you just can do nothing to change it.

i think, as a athlete especially participating in combat sports, you need to take things on the chin and just stride forward. hendricks i feel, definitely hasnt done that. but, its not as if he only got shafted once with the GSP fight that i thought he did definitely win, he also lost the decision to robbie in the second fight, which i felt hendricks did win too. so he kind of got fucked, and then fucked again even harder.

It's weird.
Do you think not getting the decision has him gotten-to?
There has to be a reason for the decline that makes some sense.
After GSP he had two good fights with Lawler. Want to guess what happened after the 2nd Lawler fight, when he started having major problems?

I agree with you, he's cocky. He has a reason to, I mean, he's an excellent wrestler, hits very hard. He beat GSP (IMO). I don't think Johny always fights like that but he's inconsistent, and especially in his last few fights he seemed to be coasting.

0-2 so far.
Hasn't even made it out of the first round.
GSP never outright said it, but it's obvious he suspected Hendricks was on something. I remember reading that immediately after his fight with Hendricks, GSP was cussing at Dana and Lorenzo about the need for stricter testing. At the time I just thought he was being paranoid. But now I'm beginning to wonder if he had some inside information.

GSP never outright said it, but it's obvious he suspected Hendricks was on something. I remember reading that immediately after his fight with Hendricks, GSP was cussing at Dana and Lorenzo about the need for stricter testing. At the time I just thought he was being paranoid. But now I'm beginning to wonder if he had some inside information.
The rumor is when Hendricks refused to do the random testing with him he hired a PI who found needles in Hendricks trash that tested positive for multiple banned substances. Lorenzo refused to do anything and that is why GSP retired.

I have no idea how true it is, but based on what has happened since I would not be surprised.

The rumor is when Hendricks refused to do the random testing with him he hired a PI who found needles in Hendricks trash that tested positive for multiple banned substances. Lorenzo refused to do anything and that is why GSP retired.

I have no idea how true it is, but based on what has happened since I would not be surprised.
Interesting. If its true, I don't blame GSP for retiring.

Those needles were used for juicing up the chicken not for hendricks.

Interesting. If its true, I don't blame GSP for retiring.
I really have no idea. I just know Hendricks publicly admitted he was never doing random testing unless forced, and since he was forced the scale knocked him out and then Wonder Boy did too.

Hendricks has had a terrible run. He lost a split to Georges, lost his belt to Lawler and was held to 0 defenses, and now he has been dismantled by a ninja but I don't like all these excuses for Hendricks because it lessens how good Wonderboy actually is. Hendricks was a 5'9" guy with T-rex arms who tried to close the distance on a 6'0" karate expert. He got toe-tagged, end of story.

He may be done. The guy turns 33 this year and losing to Wonderboy like that put Hendricks out of title contention for a good long time because Tyron is ahead of Johny, Condit is breathing heavy for a rematch most people thought he won against Lawler, Wonderboy is certainly ahead of Hendricks. In fact, Johny is done, I don't see any way around it. I don't think he ever fights for the belt again.

Back