Hendricks dodging tests makes the sport look bad

You know, going into the title fight, I was totally happy for Hendricks. I felt like he was getting screwed over too much in not getting his shot and having to fight other people and I respected him for taking other fights rather than waiting in the wings indefinitely for fear of losing his contender status. Now that he has the title shot, he's losing me with his dumb-assery surrounding this testing issue. He's sort of turned into the heel for me. I'm hoping GSP shuts him down and hopefully finishes him now.

They are consenting adults why not.

Before the tragedies we could hopefully see some amazing fights.

Not all fighters want to have to do drugs in order to be competitive in the sport. Also, I really don't want to see that outcome. It's repulsive. Someone that thinks that way is worse than a "just bleed" type.

Talk is talk, let the actions speak in the octagon and all this extra testing isn't necessary. They already get tested anyway.

Hendricks baked our of the tests after whining like a child. If he wins, he wont be champ in my eyes. Accusing someone of cheating and then not doing the bloodtests shows hendricks has something to hide. No honourable. There us no wada testing lol

If you were applying for the same job as another guy and he said oh come over here I know this company that does them and I will pay for it are you gonna do it? Didn't think so and Hendricks already explained it. Also a ton of all athletes are on juice if you think its rare than don't watch sports

Talk is talk, let the actions speak in the octagon and all this extra testing isn't necessary. They already get tested anyway.

If you wanna call it testing. Overeem passed every one of those tests until he was randomly tested. And VADA is all about random testing.

I haven't been following this whole thing either, so is GSP still doing all the additional testing while Hendricks skips it? Or are neither doing it now?

If you were applying for the same job as another guy and he said oh come over here I know this company that does them and I will pay for it are you gonna do it? Didn't think so and Hendricks already explained it. Also a ton of all athletes are on juice if you think its rare than don't watch sports

You keep using this example, and I have explained why it makes no sense. And no, Hendricks did not explain it, because he agreed that he was WRONG on everything he said, and he said he never had any intention of doing ANY test because he thinks GSP might be a steroid cheater and doesn't want GSP to piss hot. The only problem with that is the fact GSP is doing the test either way. Every single excuse Hendricks has given has been proven to be a lie.

I haven't been following this whole thing either, so is GSP still doing all the additional testing while Hendricks skips it? Or are neither doing it now?

GSP is doing the additional testing. Hendricks is not doing anything except the standard test he is forced to do.

It maybe that Hendricks does not have the ability to avoid getting caught during his cycles because the backwoods Oklahoma boy has not figured out how to be clever and subtle about it. It is being said more and more that avoiding positive steroid tests is first and foremost about how clever you are with hiding the evidence.

But I concur that certainly, Hendricks' attitude is not good for the sport at all and a catastrophic letdown. I innately expect way, WAY more from someone who has his amateur wrestling background and should be well versed in the ethical and moral values that wrestling is supposed to instill into your lifestyle.

GSP is doing the additional testing. Hendricks is not doing anything except the standard test he is forced to do.
Wow, that's pretty crazy. I'm personally of the belief that pretty much all the top guys are using something, so this could potentially be giving Hendricks a major advantage. But then again, these tests are probably beatable as well. And perhaps that's something Johny was worried about, submitting to all this additional testing when GSP has possibly found a way to beat it.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I'm personally of the belief that pretty much all the top guys are using something, so this could potentially be giving Hendricks a major advantage. But then again, these tests are probably beatable as well. And perhaps that's something Johny was worried about, submitting to all this additional testing when GSP has possibly found a way to beat it.

Do the test or don't, I really have no problem with him saying no. My problem is Hendricks saying no, and then running to the media saying GSP is refusing.

Then when Hendricks finally comes out and admits it was him all along that just didn't want testing done, he says it's because GSP could be cheating and piss hot and Hendricks would rather fight GSP while he cheats than have GSP get busted and the fight cancelled. It's just disgusting behavior. He has lied non stop throughout the entire process, man up and just say no.

Do the test or don't, I really have no problem with him saying no. My problem is Hendricks saying no, and then running to the media saying GSP is refusing.

Then when Hendricks finally comes out and admits it was him all along that just didn't want testing done, he says it's because GSP could be cheating and piss hot and Hendricks would rather fight GSP while he cheats than have GSP get busted and the fight cancelled. It's just disgusting behavior. He has lied non stop throughout the entire process, man up and just say no.

Sorry Ive read through the last couple pages but maybe you could clear up this issue for me a little more.

Hendricks called out GSP asking for harder testing, GSP agreed, then Hendricks backed out?

See, I never took any of that seriously - I honestly believed he was just trolling GSP the entire time to play mind games. And based upon what GSP said, it may have worked :)

I severely doubt it will effect the way that GSP fights in any way. Diaz made GSP mad and it didn't change anything he still just stuck to his gameplan of fighting smart.

Sorry Ive read through the last couple pages but maybe you could clear up this issue for me a little more.

Hendricks called out GSP asking for harder testing, GSP agreed, then Hendricks backed out?

No GSP asked Hendricks if he wanted to do testing, Hendricks said Hell yeah sign me up. Then Hendricks backed out, made up a bunch of lies, refused to do testing, and said it was all GSP's fault.

Then, after initially refusing, Hendricks asked GSP to do testing using a different program. So while VADA was initiated by GSP, the NSAC WADA lab was initiated by Hendricks. GSP agreed to what Hendricks asked for, and then Hendricks refused to do it and told the media GSP was unwilling.

Then when it was proven what Hendricks said was a lie, Hendricks said he did not want any testing because GSP might be on steroids and could piss hot and Hendricks would rather fight a juiced up GSP than not fight. Although that is a complete lie too because GSP is still doing the testing, only Hendricks isn't. So basically Hendricks has just lied non stop about everything in order to paint an unsavory picture of GSP.

No GSP asked Hendricks if he wanted to do testing, Hendricks said Hell yeah sign me up. Then Hendricks backed out, made up a bunch of lies, refused to do testing, and said it was all GSP's fault. Then when it was proven what Hendricks said was a lie, Hendricks said he did not want any testing because GSP might get be on steroids and could piss hot.

Dafuq? Then if GSP does it regardless, it doesnt matter if Hendricks takes the test or not. GSP will piss hot and get suspended if he's juicing whether Hendricks takes the test or not. I could see him doing this if GSP backed out off the testing (maybe what he was expecting?). But to not take the extra testing because GSP might piss hot, while GSP is taking the test regardless, its definately making him look bad

dana started this crusade by throwing his fighters under the bus and pushing for more drug testing and now hes backed off by insulting GSP and calling his idea for testing stupid.

GSP is an honorable guy and I hope he takes out hendrix in brutal fashion

I hate the Yankees but one of my best friends is a huge fan. He also hates ARod because of the steroid situation.

At this point, I want A-Rod to beat MLB at their own game at this arbitration and civil suit - I'm not saying he did or didn't take steroids (my gut tells me he probably did) but he was unfairly singled out by MLB for this controversy and was going to be given the harshest penalty for no good reason.

I severely doubt it will effect the way that GSP fights in any way. Diaz made GSP mad and it didn't change anything he still just stuck to his gameplan of fighting smart.

Very true, but at least it made for good pre-fight entertainment! And might as well play the odds; this could be the first time GSP is rattled in the cage due to antics outside the cage, but you always have to give it a shot in order to create the opportunity!

Hendrick's explanation was one of the stupidiest things I have ever seen, impressive how he did not manage to come up with something better.

If he was worried that GSP might get caught then he should have spoken against the NSAC tests as well.

Back