Hendo responds to Jones' saying D.C.'s win over "old man Hendo" means nothing

They both beat each other.

Would it surprise you if Hendo KTFO's Vitor? No.

Would it surprise you if Vitor KTFO's Hendo? No.

They're among the hardest hitters in MMA history.

His "decline". Every fighter has a seesaw pattern, just about. One moment, they seem almost immortal and the after a couple stumbles, people say it's a decline.

It is.

It doesn't mean that they can't come back. I can't even tell you how many times Couture see-sawed and came back after he was "done" and should "have retired".

Yes it would surprise me if Vitor KTFO henderson
That is part of what he is known for, going through the Elite of the Elite without ever being KO

Get off Hendo's nuts man.. He's a legend but he is not at the top anymore.

He is 1-4 in his last 5...

All he brings to the table anymore is power. He is warrior but he's just to old...

I already said I'm not a Hendo fan.

He's top 10, though, so to say he's not top is ridiculous.

1-4 is subjective. I thought the Lyoto and Rashad fights should have been Draws, it's just judges are nervous to hear fan boos.

But at the end of the day, if no one clearly wins a fight, no one clearly wins a fight. The fans will understand after the event ends.

The Hendo pulling out of the Jones fight, he was FORCED to. He was trying to fight with the injury but the doctors wouldn't let him.

As for Jake Shields, have you guys even watched the fight? Hendo beat the piss out of Jake Shields round 1 while defending all takedowns with absolute ease. He went in there with a back injury and GASSED OUT at round 1. You should be criticizing his cardio in that fight, not his wrestling ability. Shields had nothing for Hendo both striking/grappling until Hendo gassed (which only took 1 round).

Rashad has one of the best takedowns at LHW and he couldn't take Hendo down once in their fight. I know some people count that one takedown, but it wasn't really a takedown. Hendo had a whizzer in and they were side by side, it only resembled a takedown because Hendo was pushed against the fence. Rashad was never on top and Hendo popped right back up.

Henderson_Shields_post_9.jpg

Jakes shields was undefeated and on a huge streak going into the henderson fight and got signed to the ufc shortly after to fight GSP.

What's your point?

Anyone shitting on Hendo or calling into question Hendos career can go f themselves (bones included).

based on coolness Dan is streets ahead of Jones. At this point I think Jones should retract his statement since theres no chance of this fight ever happening.

Jakes shields was undefeated and on a huge streak going into the henderson fight and got signed to the ufc shortly after to fight GSP.

What's your point?

Hendo also almost finished Shields in the first round. Honestly, the fact that Hendo is still stepping into the cage at 44, with all the wars he's had and all the wear and tear on his body is impressive as fuck.

Jones won't be anywhere near a professional fight when he's 44.

or.. There's the shields fight i referenced. People are using Cormier tossing hendo around as justification for his wrestling dominance. But a former HW tossing around hendo at LHW who got grapple fucked by Jake Shields doesn't say a lot.

Jake Shields is a top 5 ww of all time. And he was beating Hendo with bjj

I already said I'm not a Hendo fan.

He's top 10, though, so to say he's not top is ridiculous.

1-4 is subjective. I thought the Lyoto and Rashad fights should have been Draws, it's just judges are nervous to hear fan boos.

But at the end of the day, if no one clearly wins a fight, no one clearly wins a fight. The fans will understand after the event ends.

Based on what?

1-4 isn't subjective, he lost those fights. If he is in the top 10, it's at the bottom of that list, and if it wasn't for his name and background, he probably wouldn't make that list.

If Dan didn't have freak KO power he would have been done a long time ago. His wrestling is irrelevant now because he's so slow and that goes for his striking too. The thing is if he hits your with the H-bomb anyone in the division is done for and that power is why he is still a top 10/15 fighter

Lol at the nuthuggers trying to make excuses for his loss to Shields

Based on what?

1-4 isn't subjective, he lost those fights. If he is in the top 10, it's at the bottom of that list, and if it wasn't for his name and background, he probably wouldn't make that list.

Ever seen a bad judges decision?

There's a ton of them.

I think 1-2-2 is a more accurate assessment, and all against top flight competition.

However, I still disagree with the Shogun decision. I thought that should have been a Draw as well, putting it at 1-2-3.

it's fight hype, they are supposed to say controversial things.

Based on what?

So it would be 2-3 last 5. There talking about DC beating Henderson and Dan be a over the hill so this fight doesn't Factor in.

Funny how he calls Henderson an old man but only a few years ago was willing to fight this old man. So just two years ago Henderson was considered young? It was during his phase of fighting MW if I recall.

Non TRT Henderson hasn't been that impressive over the last few years.

Ever seen a bad judges decision?

There's a ton of them.

I think 1-2-2 is a more accurate assessment, and all against top flight competition.

However, I still disagree with the Shogun decision. I thought that should have been a Draw as well, putting it at 1-2-3.

Rashad fight was close, I'll give ya that but Lyoto beat him.

Regardless of his record, because he is Hendo and can put anyone out at anytime, is that really enough to warrant him being a top fighter? Does he have the skill to put his punches together and is he fast enough to increase his chances of landed them?

Because lately he just walks forward throwing out little baby kicks with an overhand right behind it.

There is a difference in just having power, and having the skill and speed to go along with it. Look at Vitor, the guy is still improving and isn't relying on 1 attack.

I don't like talking about Hendo is such a negative way, but it is what it is.

Henderson is a living legend. He really is the most historically significant active fighter. Jon Jones is just some athletically gifted brat standing on Hendo's shoulders. He'll be replaced, and he'll retire well before 50.

Back