Hendo responds to Jones' saying D.C.'s win over "old man Hendo" means nothing

show some hespect for the greatest mixed martial artist ever born in US soil.

He had an injury and waited till it was like 10 days left to tell the world. One of the true main reasons why 151 was cancelled.

151 was cancelled because Jones didn't want to fight Chael on short notice.

or.. There's the shields fight i referenced. People are using Cormier tossing hendo around as justification for his wrestling dominance. But a former HW tossing around hendo at LHW who got grapple fucked by Jake Shields doesn't say a lot.

I don't disagree with you. Cormier flipping Barnett up and over is pretty impressive. Doing it to Hendo...eh, not so much. Yet people will swear by it. Jon isn't wrong with his assessment though. A little douchey the way he said it. People are just pissed because it's him who's saying it.

I mean, Jon wasn't wrong. I have mad respect for Dan Henderson, but let's look at some of his past fights.

DC - I almost called the police.
Shogun - Although he won, Hendo was getting caught and dropped left and right. He caught Shogun flush, but....come on.
Belfort - brutal loss
Evans - split decision loss
Machida - split decision loss

Are there people who still feel like Hendo should be fighting at this point?

DC- loss. No doubt.

Shogun- win, although Shogun was whipping that ass.

Vitor- Clowning on everyone. Not too bad because they are 1-1.

Rashad- Decision could have swung either way.

Machida- Decision could have swung either way.

The only certainty is that he has been fighting top competition. He lost to the 2 number 1 contenders.

He's still top 10 caliber.

I don't disagree with you. Cormier flipping Barnett up and over is pretty impressive. Doing it to Hendo...eh, not so much. Yet people will swear by it. Jon isn't wrong with his assessment though. A little douchey the way he said it. People are just pissed because it's him who's saying it.

barnett and soa tosses were great because of their size. But I don't recall Josh ever being known for his stellar TDD. The Rashad fight would have been a good indicator if he was throwing him around, because Rashad made Phil davis look like a child when he tried.

Jake Shields has wins over Lawler, Woodley, Condit & Okami on the same night, Maia, Daley, Akiyama, Kampman, Pyle and more, as well as Henderson, and gave GSP trouble that not many have.... Losing to Jake Shields is nothing to be ashamed of...

To be fair, he deserved to lose to Kampmann and Woodley and the Maia fight was a toss up. And the main trouble GSP had with him was with his eye poking. He's a great fighter for sure, though, just not THAT great.

Fucking LOL. That's hilarious. I agree with you tho, I literally felt like a bad person for watching that fight. It was like a 12yr old kid getting pissed off and trying to fight his 25yr old brother.

Hendo's run in the UFC has been less than stellar honestly...

-He came and challenged Ramage. Lost
-Challenged Anderson. Lost
-Arguably went to a draw with Rich Franklin
-Soul taken by Vitor

The list goes on. Hendo is a tough old dude that's been doing it forever but he's hardly a "bad ass" anymore in the company of today's current fighters.

That's truth right there. I hope people don't get my wrong, Hendo is a cool dude. I wouldn't mind having a beer or two with him and hearing some old war stories, but as far as being relevant in today's fight game, uh....naw.

Jake Shields has wins over Lawler, Woodley, Condit & Okami on the same night, Maia, Daley, Akiyama, Kampman, Pyle and more, as well as Henderson, and gave GSP trouble that not many have.... Losing to Jake Shields is nothing to be ashamed of...

None of those guys are LHWs

Yep, took shots after. Like clock work, they want to play the victim. Watch CM Punk try the same shit.

how the fuck is hendo playing the victim? simply seems like he didn't like being shit-talked about and responded.

Jones then doubled down by saying Cormier beat a 60 year old. Jones won't be able to fight at high level well into his 40s. A little respect would be nice, but eh we all no JJ is a fake, hypocritical D bag, albeit a talented one.

Ehhhh. I like Dan a lot more then Jones but I kinda agree with what he said even though it was disrespectful. He didn't insult Dan saying that he was never good just that he's getting old and is far out of his prime which is accurate

barnett and soa tosses were great because of their size. But I don't recall Josh ever being known for his stellar TDD. The Rashad fight would have been a good indicator if he was throwing him around, because Rashad made Phil davis look like a child when he tried.

The Evans fight would have spoken volumes. Had DC went in against Rashad and destroyed him, my interest would be piqued. In all honesty a win over Cummins and Henderson isn't that impressive. It was cool to see how he did it I guess.

how the fuck is hendo playing the victim?

By agreeing with the clueless fan that wonder's what Hendo has ever done to Jones. When Hendo knows exactly what's he said about and done to Jones.

Dan talking was to build up the fight between him and jones like in all fights. Jones was a little classless but he will learn later not to talk shit about fighers your not facing

Jones then doubled down by saying Cormier beat a 60 year old. Jones won't be able to fight at high level well into his 40s. A little respect would be nice, but eh we all no JJ is a fake, hypocritical D bag, albeit a talented one.

Jones won't make it to 35 in MMA. Not a chance.

LOL jones is the #2 fighter of all time he can talk whatever shit he wants. hendo will never fight for a belt again.

LOL jones is the #2 fighter of all time he can talk whatever shit he wants. hendo will never fight for a belt again.

Bones isn't top 3 GOAT.

Do you think he will still be top 10 at age 44?

Back