"Henderson rematch will be a more intense fight. A bit more aggressive." - Lyoto Machida

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I believe this will be a more intense fight. A bit more aggressive. " Machida told Combate. " Our main goal, other than the victory, is to put on a great show. That's in my mind. As a professional, I get in a dilemma between sport and entertainment. There's these two sides. Fans will be cheering and people want to see new things."

Of course, he is aware of the dangers Henderson brings to the table, even though he already defeated him by split decision back in 2013.

"He is a tough guy. He was going to fight Jon Jones a few years ago. He has put on great fights. His career speaks for itself, so I can't underestimate him."

BcSQVXq.gif

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/1...n-henderson-dragon-interview-rematch-mma-news

My take - Am I the only one who enjoyed their first fight ? I love Machida's style and I thought Hendo did well. Machida could be more aggressive, but it's not his style and often gets him in trouble. Given he's talking about the 'entertainment' aspect of the sport, I figure he's going to be looking to wow the crowd.

Machida is on the decline, but Hendo should have retired years ago.

zzz

Machida should have been more agressive way more earlier than end of his career...

This is another fight where I'm just like......why?

For the love of all that's sherdog, please tell me Machida is not going to Aldo himself.

Machida is on the decline, but Hendo should have retired years ago.

zzz

When Machida loses to someone besides the current champion, the former champion, and the guy who was going to fight for the title until he got busted for roids then we can say he's on a decline.

Hendo is one of my all time favorites but their is not one thing anybody can say to legitimize this fight it is literally a joke. Hendo could somehow get lucky and land the H-bomb but don't hold your breath he is slower than a turtle in a triathlon. Hendo being in my top 5 all time greats I give him 0 % chance of winning this fight not 10 not 20 I give him 0.

now following this KO loss, henderson has to have a brain and just retire

Hendo is one of my all time favorites but their is not one thing anybody can say to legitimize this fight it is literally a joke. Hendo could somehow get lucky and land the H-bomb but don't hold your breath he is slower than a turtle in a triathlon. Hendo being in my top 5 all time greats I give him 0 % chance of winning this fight not 10 not 20 I give him 0.

First you say Hendo could get lucky and land the H-bomb and after that you say he has a 0 chance of winning. Sometimes it really feels like the average IQ of sherdoggers is around 90.

He's been imitating McGregor so much that he thinks he is McGregor, H-Bomb will put him to sleep.

First you say Hendo could get lucky and land the H-bomb and after that you say he has a 0 chance of winning. Sometimes it really feels like the average IQ of sherdoggers is around 90.
I said he could land it but I give him 0 chance of landing it. Do I need to translate every god damn thing I say on this fucking forum

I said he could land it but I give him 0 chance of landing it. Do I need to translate every god damn thing I say on this fucking forum
An asteroid could hit the earth in 10 minutes but I give it 0 chance of happening

I don't know why Machida has decided to become more aggressive this late in his career, I don't think it suits him and its the reason he lost to Rockhold and Romero IMO.

He has deviated too far from his style and is fighting like a Thai fighter instead of a Karateka.

That being said, he is going to KO Dan in devastating fashion... He is way too fast for him.

Back