Help me decide my next car

Lubaolong

RETIRED
@Steel
Reaction score
Going to buy one in the next week when I get paid. Thinking of spending around $35k or less. Should have good tech, reliable, and family friendly.

Leaning towards maybe one of these.

Civic Touring
Crystal%20Black%20Pearl-BK-29%2C29%2C29-640-en_US.jpg

Help me decide.

UPDATE:

Actually ended up going with a Tesla Model 3. Super happy about the decision.

50tz1x1xwbrz.jpg

Last edited:
This is lower than your budget but I just bought a Mazda 3. Talked to tons of owners. They all love their car.

Look into an Acura. Very reliable and basically an up scaled Honda. I got a 2015 TLX in January and I couldn't be happier.

Have you seen that new Kalashnikov Electric?

I don't think I'd ever want to own a 2 door with a family.

Going to buy one in the next week when I get paid. Thinking of spending around $35k or less. Should have good tech, reliable, and family friendly.

Leaning towards maybe one of these.

Civic Touring
Crystal%20Black%20Pearl-BK-29%2C29%2C29-640-en_US.jpg

Help me decide.
i got a friend that got one of these accords, real nice car.

2019-Honda-Accord-Sport-2.0.jpg

As long as you're buying it outright and not doing finance I'm happy.

Ferarri 528's are pretty sweet, get one of thosr

LOL
How the fuck is a 2 door Civic "family friendly"?

And what do you mean "when you get paid"? If you have to wait for a paycheck to buy a car, $35k is WAYYY beyond what you should be spending. I've seen too many people get their first decent job out of college and immediately go buy a car out of their realistic price range. It rarely works out well.

I don't think I'd ever want to own a 2 door with a family.
Yeah, probably not. I would probably go with the sedan, but coupe was first pic I saw. Not sure about color, maybe "modern steel metallic"

i got a friend that got one of these accords, real nice car.

Yeah, I'm considering an Accord as well. I guess it boils down to mid size vs compact, slightly more hp vs slightly more fuel-efficient.

LOL

And what do you mean "when you get paid"? If you have to wait for a paycheck to buy a car, $35k is WAYYY beyond what you should be spending. I've seen too many people get their first decent job out of college and immediately go buy a car out of their realistic price range. It rarely works out well.

Just to play devil's advocate here - a good chunk of my pay is every quarter as we distribute profits at that point. We basically live off of my salary, but the profit sharing can be huge at times (small at others). If I'm buying a car, there is a good chance I'm waiting for the profit share check to pay cash or as much cash as possible. I do take advantage of the 0% or super low interest financing on new cars though.

LOL
I'll likely get a 4-door.

I get paid enough to buy a $35k car. I'm pretty anal and have everything pretty strictly budgeted out. Just don't like seeing numbers going over the allotted annual car budget, if I'm going to pay outright. Next paycheck will be about $35-40k more than usual, so I was planning on just using that excess.

Last edited:
Back