Help me decide my next car

What has the world come to when a freakin Civic costs $35k
people were paying 50k and over on Type R's when they first came out. Some guy compiled a list of the dealers in his area and how much over msrp they were charging.
adlghqa-png.55824

ulw8zrg-png.55825

Several dealers were charging 20k OVER sticker price- for a Civic that starts at 37k.

Statistically you will live a long and awesome life if you're in medicine and if you're not a car guy you can just disregard my post completely..

But.. i enjoy driving and you can get a lot of car for 35k.. otherwise a golf or a toyota corolla..

Go electric dude or you are part of the global warming problem.

Going to buy one in the next week when I get paid. Thinking of spending around $35k or less. Should have good tech, reliable, and family friendly.

Leaning towards maybe one of these.

Civic Touring
Crystal%20Black%20Pearl-BK-29%2C29%2C29-640-en_US.jpg

Help me decide.

that's a nice car. good choice.

I would go for a Mazda3 or 6. I've been on uber ride with both cars and I'm really impressed by it. Good looking car design, quality interior(Audi-esque), good tech, nice handling, and decent power. I've never researched the price, but I'm sure it's within your 35k budget.

Last edited:
I'm the complete opposite. I have no problem putting premium gas in my 17 MPG Camaro SS while driving 20 miles one way to work. But yeah, it seems there are a lot of those Teslas around here, but certainly nothing like the Prius army.

I don't understand this obsession with MPG either. If you don't drive 100 miles/day to work, that extra 5-10MPG won't t
Buy this:

@grizzard2bid @90 50
Am I doing it right?

Why are you asking @90 50 , he doesn't have an HD lifted truck.

That's a mudding rig. Dude probably goes through transmission and diffs every oil change.

Get a used car you can pay cash for.

Updated the original post. Thanks for the help guys.

Go electric dude or you are part of the global warming problem.

In the future perhaps. But not at all right now. Most of America's electricity still comes from coal and natural gas.

In the future perhaps. But not at all right now. Most of America's electricity still comes from coal and natural gas.

Don't think you can talk about the global warming crusades then fella.

My 74 year old mother just got herself a new ram to replace her Dodge Journey. The new trucks do not drive bad at all, especially dodge which has optional air suspension and no more leaf springs. The fuel mileage has also came ahead a long way.

My mom loves her new truck (2018 Longhorn) and as do I. They’re easier to drive than cars now, it’s not 1993 anymore.
74 year old momma in a big bad Longhorn. I love it! My mom drove her Canyon for about a month before she said "I need a bigger truck". Brought a tear to my eye.

I don't understand this obsession with MPG either. If you don't drive 100 miles/day to work, that extra 5-10MPG won't t

Why are you asking @90 50 , he doesn't have an HD lifted truck.

That's a mudding rig. Dude probably goes through transmission and diffs every oil change.
Jesus you are thick headed.

You think the stock trans and diffs are in that? The only think F250 about that is the body slapped on it.

And I’ve had more hd lifted trucks than you have , and yours was smaller than mine.

Get over it, grow up and stop trolling me.

Jesus you are thick headed.

You think the stock trans and diffs are in that? The only think F250 about that is the body slapped on it.

And I’ve had more hd lifted trucks than you have , and yours was smaller than mine.

Get over it, grow up and stop trolling me.

My truck is not smaller than your former truck. We both know it. Even conceding if your truck was 2'' taller, my truck has 1ft of length on crewcab short-bed F250 and my offset on the rear tires makes it almost as wide as a goddamn dually. So....2'' in height, but I have a wider stance and more length.
I forget you're an older dude, so I'm breaking your balls like you're another kid on here.

What tranny can he put in that small F250 body that will spin tractor tires? That thing needs a goddamn tranctor tranny in there. You know he's running 6.7 powerstroke in it, so somehow I doubt they took time to swap a tranny. Maybe her replaced the diffs, but I doubt it. Most of the money was spent on that frame and stretching drive shafts.

Damn ...35 k ..... Id never pay more than 20k on any car and i never buy new. They depreciate quickly....I bought a 2014 Lexus in 2016. So far ive only changed tires, brakes and oil....very reliable.

I know I said I was going to buy one soon around 2 months ago, but I keep putting it off. A little inconvenient, but we've been getting by with 1 car for right now. I've always wanted a convertible and am giving serious thought to a 2 or 4-series BMW. I like Mercedes, too, but they seem to run about $10k more.

BMW-MY19-4Series-Convertible-Design-01.png

430i

vs
230i
13d96b17dbe06e92576315d79d51aacdx.png

vs

2018_mercedes-benz_classe-c_cabriolet_amg-c-43-4matic_blanc-polaire_032.png

I got this tenant who bought a nice 2015 4 series beamer for very cheap. He thought he got a great deal lmao. That thing has been in the shop more time than out in the streets. What a fucking money pit. If I had a luxurious european vehicle id lease it. Great fuckin engine with amazing leather seats but a electrical nightmare....absolutely unreliable vehicles. Every friend i've had with a beamer or a mercedes had lots of trouble with their cars and ended up selling them for chump change.

Dont know much about Tesla market value as second hand or what type of warranty they have , though. Rogan and other folks say its fucking unreal to drive.

Last edited:
Back