Help me decide my next car

5 or 7 series aren’t cheap to maintain, but they’re difficult to beat for driving dynamics.
I currently own a 2007 3 series. Has already cost me a lot of money in repairs. Compare this to my 1996 316i compact which never broke down or gave me problems. It was the most reliable car I have owned and I never serviced it looked after it.

I'll likely get a 4-door.

I get paid enough to buy a $35k car. I'm pretty anal and have everything pretty strictly budgeted out. Just don't like seeing numbers going over the allotted annual car budget, if I'm going to pay outright. Next paycheck will be about $35-40k more than usual, so I was planning on just using that excess.

The best bang for your buck is probably going to be a 2-3 year old Mazda 3 with really low miles(between 9k-15k). As long as you are doing your homework on the car with Carfax(only buy 1 owner cars, no accidents, complete service record history). If you get it from a dealer they are very safe deals and if you are liquid as i think you are you could walk in, cut them a check for $17k and walk out with a car that is pretty damn new with warranty(don't ever tell the dealer you are paying cash until you have a final price negotiated because dealers make their money off of financing...this is very important to remember).

You live in San Fran right?

Make sure whatever car you get is shiv-proof, & feces-resistant.

images

Sherdog;

You never let me down.

Sex is just sexy. Festivus messy, blessed as Wayne Gretzky.

I'll likely get a 4-door.

I get paid enough to buy a $35k car. I'm pretty anal and have everything pretty strictly budgeted out. Just don't like seeing numbers going over the allotted annual car budget, if I'm going to pay outright. Next paycheck will be about $35-40k more than usual, so I was planning on just using that excess.

35-40k more than usual?

I’m guessing that’s a big bonus?

Get something you can afford with cash that is reliable and sensible. That’s what Dave Ramsey would say. Don’t be an idiot.

35-40k more than usual?

I’m guessing that’s a big bonus?

I've never really made a ton of money, so it seems big to me, sure. But it seems pretty common in medicine. A lot of places give big bonuses, retention bonuses, and/or good chunks of tax free cash to help with loan repayment each year.

Blow the budget, and get the wife a bicycle. Life is for living.

7-1967-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Going to buy one in the next week when I get paid. Thinking of spending around $35k or less. Should have good tech, reliable, and family friendly.

Leaning towards maybe one of these.

Civic Touring
Crystal%20Black%20Pearl-BK-29%2C29%2C29-640-en_US.jpg

Help me decide.
Get a crv or RAV4

35K huh?
a big earner like you should be able to afford a bit more I'd think.

Not if I want to buy a decent house and save for retirement.

If these are your plans I’d find the best deal on a low mile wtf ever for under 20k, and shove the rest into savings, Roth etc.

35k cash for a car when you don’t have a house yet? FUCK that.

Get something you can afford with cash that is reliable and sensible. That’s what Dave Ramsey would say. Don’t be an idiot.
He’d also say 35-40k for a car, when your house isn’t payed off yet is a huge no no too, and definitely if you don’t even have a house yet.

Next question should be, what’s wrong with your current car and do you need a new one or WANT a new one.

With no house yet you better damn well NEED a new car, not just want one

They say Toyota is reliable and ask for the Bird's Eye View cameras all around the car so you can park and see the parking stripes in the monitor.

There's a nice YouTube half hour documentary of the Kentucky Toyota factory. They put a lot of thought into making these cars. It's no wonder they are known to be reliable.

He’d also say 35-40k for a car, when your house isn’t payed off yet is a huge no no too, and definitely if you don’t even have a house yet.

Next question should be, what’s wrong with your current car and do you need a new one or WANT a new one.

With no house yet you better damn well NEED a new car, not just want one
I assumed better car = better quality pussy attraction ability.

Back