Help fitting it in

Woob

French knickers belt
@Brown
Reaction score
hi. I have come to ask for advice/ help on making a good training timetable. I am finding it hard to fit all of my training in a week. i have Muay thai twice a week. BJJ once a week. Kung fu once a week and 3 different weight routines

Monday: Kung Fu
tuesday: Thai
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Thai
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: BJJ

The weights routines are 1. Biceps/triceps/forearms 2. chest/back 3. shoulders/legs/traps

I need to fit the weights into the week. any suggestions? also should i be doing each weights routine more than once a week?

Thanks in advance

Even though I dont know much I do know that the arm day have to go. Away with it. Now!

Wednesday-pull
Friday-Press
Sunday Squat

You only want a bicep/tricep day if you want to look pretty instead of being strong.

Woob said:
The weights routines are 1. Biceps/triceps/forearms 2. chest/back 3. shoulders/legs/traps

If you consistently weight train your body like this you will see minimal results.

Part 3 is decent though.

Your forgetting about abdominals, although Im sure they make you do sit ups in training, weight training the abs will make them really strong.

Train your chest and back on separate days.
Do chest/triceps one day, and upper back/biceps another, as these are the muscles used in push, and pull excercises respectively.

Try to include Bench, Deads, Squats, Olympics, Rows, Pullups, and whatever other excercises you want.

When weight training the aim should be to get every muscle as strong as possible.

What Kung Fu do you do?
Does it help with your muay thai and/or bjj?

thecreator said:
If you consistently weight train your body like this you will see minimal results.

Part 3 is decent though.

Your forgetting about abdominals, although Im sure they make you do sit ups in training, weight training the abs will make them really strong.

Train your chest and back on separate days.
Do chest/triceps one day, and upper back/biceps another, as these are the muscles used in push, and pull excercises respectively.

Try to include Bench, Deads, Squats, Olympics, Rows, Pullups, and whatever other excercises you want.

When weight training the aim should be to get every muscle as strong as possible.

What Kung Fu do you do?
Does it help with your muay thai and/or bjj?

I do Shaolin Kung Fu. It does help With Muay thai and BJJ a lot. We refine striking and learn lots of joint locks and ground fighting techniques. Thanks for your help.

Another way to weight train for fighters is 2 full body workouts a week, these should still only take around 1hr and only focus on compounds and oly variations . wednesday and saturday would be perfect for those days

Do another BJJ day instead of the Kung Fu...for starters!

Try doing a two day a week split...go to t-mag.com and look for ian kings "big muscle, busy..." workout

anvar said:
Do another BJJ day instead of the Kung Fu...for starters!

Try doing a two day a week split...go to t-mag.com and look for ian kings "big muscle, busy..." workout

I would but there is only one BJJ school in my area and they only train on sundays. Unless someone knows of any more. If so, please tell me.

well grab a partner from class and drill instead of wasting time with kung fu...or add a strong man day, lifting day, or energy system day

I'd prefer if you didn't insult my martial art. It is far from a waste of time and i'm not training to be a strong man

First off...i'm not trying to insult kung fu...but i did waste time doing it when i was a teenager at a VERY reputable school.

Secondly you need to spend a good 2hrs and read the posts on this board...doing strongman training once a week will not make you a strongman, it will improve your grappling 10fold.

i think you did insult a MA because you painted them all under one brush. Arts should be judged on a case by case basis. Because some school are more effective then others. I"ve heard of MT schools that have "belts" or dont allow sparring for a year.

Some place evolve dispite many who dont. Dunno, i've fought enough with enough styles that i learned that the hard way. I'm a striker mostly but i still tapped a BJJ just one night in a random fight at my gym. i've also got punched right out of my seat at a bar one night by a wing chun guy... in theory a guy who's medaled in every tourny he fought in and has studied Boxing, MT and TKD that hit should have been impossible, that a WC guy can even land a hit period.. forget getting enough power to punch me out of my seat.

styles vary and schools are NOT uniform to their style. so why knock a school you know nothing about?

sides it doesnt hurt to learn more things. with MT and BJJ it's not like he's not getting enough ring time... KF would only compliment him.

oh... the point of the post ... i'd go with a push pull routine since you have the time.

Okay I have made a few big changes. This is my future plan. First of all I am planning on giving up kung fu. This is not because it is useless or from what any one said here it

ou're doing too much for the weight training. Scrap all the isolation and stick to compound movements.

First you're training 7 days/week, MT and BJJ are both fairly demanding, if you train hard at all you'll probly burn out fairly quick. Second your weight routine sucks ass, i dont know where you pulled that from but its dreadful, best you scrap it.

IMO since you do MA's you'd be better off with 2 full body workouts a week and have one day a week rest, stick to the main compound movements and some oly variants say around 6 exercises per routine + sandbag and sledgehammer GPP to finish. This is pretty much what Ross Enamait reccomends.

Reakt said:
First you're training 7 days/week, MT and BJJ are both fairly demanding, if you train hard at all you'll probly burn out fairly quick. Second your weight routine sucks ass, i dont know where you pulled that from but its dreadful, best you scrap it.

IMO since you do MA's you'd be better off with 2 full body workouts a week and have one day a week rest, stick to the main compound movements and some oly variants say around 6 exercises per routine + sandbag and sledgehammer GPP to finish. This is pretty much what Ross Enamait reccomends.

I used to do full body work outs and some one said it's better to do an area a day rather than full body

I wouldnt agree that spliting your body is "better". Perhaps better for some purposes, but definitively not better when you do mma and ma several days a week. Perhaps Squat, bench, chins, core one day, and the other deadlift, military press, barbell row, core the other day..

Woob said:
I used to do full body work outs and some one said it's better to do an area a day rather than full body

from what I know, it's better for recovery, because you can use a different muscle group or muscles the next day. This will not matter as you are going to be using the same muscles most likely the next day in one of your classes. Plus you are isolating muscles, this seems to be not the best idea for a sport that needs the full body to work and not just a bicep or tricep....

Correct me if I am wrong...

Back