Help fitting it in

Wayyyyyy toooo much isolation there. Too much isolation, Not enough compound lifts. And too much isolation. Do you get what I'm trying to say here? It sums up to the fact that you have way too much isolation in this routine. yup. It won't do shit for you.

It's true that with the amount of MA you do, full body might be better. Heck I don't do any MA right now and I'm growing like I never grew on a simple full body 3x week routine.

Since you train alot, 2x/week full body might be best for you.

Maybe something like this ( I don't know the equipment you have access to, so I used only exercises you listed you could do (or extrapolated you could do some other exercises on the basis of the exercises you listed))

Deadlift 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
BB Row 3x5
weighted Lunges 3x10 (5 each leg)
Close grip bench 3x8-12
Supinated BB Row 3x8-12
Weighted situps 3x8-12
Farmer's walks x1 (Make them HARD, 100000000 times better than wrist curls)

2x/week
Add weight or reps every session
Repeat
Don't be a girl and use weights that are heavy for you. Don't go for the burn or any crap like that. Lift heavier weights every time, for more reps. You'll get bigger and stronger.
See my sig? Drink milk.

I'm sure you'll read this and say what a stupid routine that is, but I think it would be a gazillion times better than the one you posted for BOTH size and strength.

Didn't have time to post a routine this morning so heres what i mean:

Day 1

3x2min rounds shadowboxing warm up

Dumbell Clean and Press 3x3
Pistols 3x5
Barbell Rows 3x5
SLDL or GHR 2x5
Dragon Flags 2x12
Saxon Side Bends 2x5

GPP with a sandbag e.g:
sandbag shouldering x 12
burpees x 10
1min rest then repeat 3-5 times

Day 2
3x2min warmup shadowboxing

Dumbell Snatch 3x3
Deadlift 3x5
Bench 3x5
Weighted Pullups 3x5
Full Contact Twist 2x5
AB wheel 2x5

GPP with a sledge hammer e.g
4x2min rounds of swings 10 each side

Id also add in 2 mini routines (20 mins max) for neck and grip work and do those 2x a week

If nothing else, at least organize your movements so that they fall on the proper day/routine. You've got upright rows on your back day. These should be on your shoulder day as they work delts and traps. You've got deadlifts on your shoulder day. Although deads work almost the whole body, you'll be best served by putting them on your back day.

Are you doing the exercises in the order posted? If so, at least switch it up so that you start with the compound movements (like rows) instead of limiting your heavy lifts by burning out your muscles with the isolation exercises first. I.e. If you have your mind set on this workout at least start with rows and do curls next, then finish off with the small forearm exercises.

You don't have to be set on finishing your rotation in one week. You could go on a ten day lifting rotation and just work it in throughout your week. Remember though, the lifting doesn't make you stronger in and of itself. It's the recovery from the lifting that makes you stronger. Meaning that just tearing your body down with incomplete rest and recovery will not make you progress faster in your lifts.

Have you thought about centering your program around "the big three"? You seem to have three lifting days per week. The focus of program one day is bench (supplement with your chest, shoulders, tris). Focus of program 2 is squat (supplement with other leg exercises). Focus of program 3 is deadlift (supplement with back and bis). Regardless of what you do, don't overlook your recovery. Sometimes you can make faster progress by working out less (lifitng is not a skill based program like BJJ.)

KOU In3 said:
If nothing else, at least organize your movements so that they fall on the proper day/routine. You've got upright rows on your back day. These should be on your shoulder day as they work delts and traps. You've got deadlifts on your shoulder day. Although deads work almost the whole body, you'll be best served by putting them on your back day.

Are you doing the exercises in the order posted? If so, at least switch it up so that you start with the compound movements (like rows) instead of limiting your heavy lifts by burning out your muscles with the isolation exercises first. I.e. If you have your mind set on this workout at least start with rows and do curls next, then finish off with the small forearm exercises.

You don't have to be set on finishing your rotation in one week. You could go on a ten day lifting rotation and just work it in throughout your week. Remember though, the lifting doesn't make you stronger in and of itself. It's the recovery from the lifting that makes you stronger. Meaning that just tearing your body down with incomplete rest and recovery will not make you progress faster in your lifts.

Have you thought about centering your program around "the big three"? You seem to have three lifting days per week. The focus of program one day is bench (supplement with your chest, shoulders, tris). Focus of program 2 is squat (supplement with other leg exercises). Focus of program 3 is deadlift (supplement with back and bis). Regardless of what you do, don't overlook your recovery. Sometimes you can make faster progress by working out less (lifitng is not a skill based program like BJJ.)

I spoke to someone the other day and they suggested doing the big 3. I think that is what i will do. thanks for all of your help. i just need to wait and buy the barbell now and some sort of bench. or i might just get a gym membersship.

Back