Heisenberg VS Al Swearengen VS Tony Soprano

Ok...You're obviously a diverse and expert critic of characters; what with not knowing who John Locke is and all. I won't argue with you anymore.

I can admire a man who knows he's lost an argument. Kudos.

There's some more depth for you, and in my opinion a better character. Don't get me wrong Tony is an amazing character, but he's not the best, or the most diverse, or anything like that by any means. It was the Sopranos show as a whole that was one of the best in it's field, not the singular character of Tony Soprano.

Man, I'm a huge Tommy Gavin fan, but I don't think he's as good a character as Tony Soprano. He's incredibly good though, and I miss Rescue Me. That show had some of my favorite television moments.

[YT]tvxqHLuOQPg[/YT]

4328vicgun.jpg

You think String held Avon back?

Well, I mean, he ultimately led to his demise, so, yeah. :icon_lol:

Avon would have crushed Marlo and everyone else if it wasn't for Stringer. That was his one weak spot, and it hurt him badly.

John Locke Disagrees.... :D
and yea i just went there!

That's a good choice too. Locke was really interesting, and he changed a lot over the course of the series. Sort of the same story as Heisenberg. The nerd guy who never gets respect turns into a complete badass. But I wasn't a fan of how Locke's character arc ended.

I'd also throw Desmond into the discussion. That was a really interesting character as well.

Walter White, best TV character of all time.

.......behind Bunk Moreland

tumblr_ljcigwrIB71qiguseo1_1280.jpg

It's annoying how Breaking Bad gets so overrated. I love the show, great show, but goddamn, I can't wait for the hype to cool down so people can objectively debate these topics.

At this point, you can't debate anything. "Walt is too smart" the cop out for everything. Walt survived Season 3 and 4 because he was the only option to cook. This was the guy who killed Mike because he forgot Lydia had the names. The guy who was easily manipulated into a trap by fucking Jesse of all people.

Walt was smart, but smarts wouldn't beat all out resources and ability. If the cartel ever wanted Walt dead in the show he and his family would have been beheaded.

Tony Soprano > Walter White

While I think The Sopranos>>>Breaking Bad.

Cranston>>>Gandolfini and McShane

Walt>>>Both of them easily.

He is the Batman of the TV world. Walt is undefeated against all of his enemies. He defeated Tuco, the Twins, Hector Salamanca, Gus Fring, Lydia, Ehrmantraut Todd and the entire Aryan Brotherhood. He also tragically defeated his own brother in law. Even the very machine that killed him was something that he created. Heisenberg>>>All

Tony Soprano is undoubtedly just as complex if not more so than Walt but he is nowhere near as smart, not even close.

If I had to bet money on who would come out on top if they all went at it, my money is on Heisenberg. Swearengen is not even a player as he lived in an older time period.

Last edited:
How did Walt beat the cousins? They wouldve killed him at his home if Gus didnt call them.
Hank is the one who killed both.......also warned by Gus

It's annoying how Breaking Bad gets so overrated. I love the show, great show, but goddamn, I can't wait for the hype to cool down so people can objectively debate these topics.

At this point, you can't debate anything. "Walt is too smart" the cop out for everything. Walt survived Season 3 and 4 because he was the only option to cook. This was the guy who killed Mike because he forgot Lydia had the names. The guy who was easily manipulated into a trap by fucking Jesse of all people.

Walt was smart, but smarts wouldn't beat all out resources and ability. If the cartel ever wanted Walt dead in the show he and his family would have been beheaded.

Tony Soprano > Walter White

The trap was set up by Hank actually. He told Jesse the plan and Jesse conversed with him accordingly
Hank is very smart as well putting together the meth operation w/ Hermanos and Madrigal

"We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everyone involved knows the stakes and if you are going to accept those stakes, you've got to do certain things. It's business."

Tony S

Al seemed fucking awesome but never watched Deadwood properly. Tony Soprano and Walter are both amazing. Both Cranston and Gandolfini did some amazing acting. Tony seemed a little more natural and real but that may be because he was usually under emotionally less stressful situations.

heisenberg w/ prep trounces any fictional character

Back