• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heart scare or anxiety

Go to a different doctor.

I dealt with anxiety issues for 20+ years, and had doctors try to prescribe all sorts of meds like Xanax for it. Then one day, a nurse asked if anyone had ever told me I have an irregular heart beat. They referred me to a cardiologist, and confirmed the irregular heart beat.
Once I got the ticker back in rhythm, the anxiety went away.

Do you get heartburn or have any digestive issues? Seems like whenever I get a chest pain whether mild or strong, if I get up and walk around, sometimes push on my stomach I'll let out a huge burp and its gone.

That would suck. Hope you get to the bottom of what is causing the heart pains.

This isn't going to be helpful but I know a vet with what sounds like similar heart pains. Across the street from him lives a cardiologist. I know that the two of them have tried to figure out what is causing the heart pains. As far as I know, no answer has been found.

If you are someone willing to try different dietary ideas you might try avoiding all grains to see if that helps. I can remember in the past visiting a cardiologist blog sight and him saying patients sometimes found heart pain relief when avoiding grains.

I read a book by a gynecologist of all medical professions who wrote on the benefits he saw in patients who avoided dairy products and added unrefined sea salt to their diets. He claimed the diet change was curing patients angina heart pains. He felt it was due to dairy products being to high in calcium and that we were harming our selves by consuming to much calcium. the unrefined sea salt was a source of minerals outside of calcium. The book ~

The Calcium Lie II: What Your Doctor Still Doesn't Know​

If you believe that bones are made of calcium, you have subscribed to The Calcium Lie. You’re not alone. Most consumers and, surprisingly, most doctors, believe that bones are made of calcium. Yet any basic biochemistry textbook will tell you the truth: Bones are made of at least a dozen minerals and we need all of them in perfect proportions in order to have healthy bones and healthy bodies. If you get too much calcium, through food sources or by taking supplements, you set yourself up for an array of negative health consequences, including obesity, Type 2 diabetes, Type 2 hypothyroidism, hypertension, depression, problem pregnancies and more. This is the second edition of the calcium Lie, updated, expanded and with greater in-depth explanation of the medical problems that can be caused by mineral imbalances and solid strategies to correct them. This book gives you all the information you need to stay healthy and to regain your health if you or your doctor have been duped by The Calcium Lie.
Diet is the main culprit for alot of these western ailments.

And TS made threads that he was dying and an raging alcoholic and pill popper like 4 years ago.
I called bullshit then, and I stand by it now.
If u were on all these benders, why don't you mention that here, because, I dont know, maybe that's part of the problem.

Iirc you were a heavy drinker. Good job giving it up. This is to be expected. I struggle with anxiety too, i think i was self medicating with the booze. See if your doc can prescribe you a couple lorazepam , its what you get when you drink without the drunkenness. Not trying to get you addicted to something else, but what you realize is that you were self medicating, now you can acknowledge your anxiety and go from there. Keep it up dude, 6 years sober this September

Iirc you were a heavy drinker. Good job giving it up. This is to be expected. I struggle with anxiety too, i think i was self medicating with the booze. See if your doc can prescribe you a couple lorazepam , its what you get when you drink without the drunkenness. Not trying to get you addicted to something else, but what you realize is that you were self medicating, now you can acknowledge your anxiety and go from there. Keep it up dude, 6 years sober this September
The hardest part for me about going sober (4+ years now) was consistent sleep. The booze always put me to sleep. So I started taking a magnesium supplement and it's helped tremendously. Makes me very relaxed and tired at night.

The hardest part for me about going sober (4+ years now) was consistent sleep. The booze always put me to sleep. So I started taking a magnesium supplement and it's helped tremendously. Makes me very relaxed and tired at night.
Really? I tried a magnesium supplement for a while and it just made me shit my pants.

Since i quit drinking im pretty introverted. Avoid large groups. I used to shit at the same time every day, now its 3x every 3rd day. Other than that its not so bad

And TS made threads that he was dying and an raging alcoholic and pill popper like 4 years ago.
I called bullshit then, and I stand by it now.
If u were on all these benders, why don't you mention that here, because, I dont know, maybe that's part of the problem.
I've been sober for right around a year. Sorry you missed the memo

Lately I have been having sharp chest pains. Sometimes they radiate to my left arm. It's never so bad that I think I'm about to have a heart attack, but enough to make feel very uncomfortable.

I went to the doctor about it and he completely dismissed the notion of there possibly being anything wrong with my heart despite my former lifestyle. Was 100% sure it was stress and anxiety related. I am under a tremendous amount of stress, but not so much that I feel like it would cause physical symptoms like this. But on the other hand I can work non stop at a very fast pace and feel completely fine. It's never physical movement that causes these pains but ordinary mundane shit like driving or sitting on the couch watching YouTube. I dunno man

Did you take the covid vaccine? I've never had chest pains my entire life until after the covid vaccine. Now I get them from time to time.

Hi stress, anxiety. gastric 9stomach acid) and many many other conditions can emulate what people would think is a heart attack -even numbness in the Arm. Now its always always best to get that checked first off, but ive had alot of experience with these and its always been benign

I get sharp quick pains sometimes … acid reflex from my lifestyle as well … that being said I’d get a second opinion . I know @NoGoodNamesLeft is also a doctor/scientist so he could prolly help as well

Will say once I stopped smoking cigs they don’t happen nearly as much .. so if u smoke stop . I went to vape then was able to cut to vape only when I drink (once or twice a month) use to smoke a pack in two days sometimes one if drinking

I'm extremely lean at 5"11 150
ojzqj.jpg

Back