Crime Headlining Crime Megathread Vol 4.

I get calling 911 but, bystanders have no obligation to help someone and risk death in doing so and I believe in other countries they can be sued

Ostensibly, there was a train car full of passengers, and only one rapist. Assuming that was the situation, and it was obvious the woman was being raped, you should turn in your man card if you wouldn't take more action than filming it for evidence, in that situation.

A little over two years ago I was doing laps at my pool while two groups of people sat on either side and glared at each other while blaring their respective choices of music on their respective choices of boomboxes.

Unbeknownst to anyone except for me once I realized, one of the kids was drowning. I have no fucking idea why he jumped in, but he almost landed on me when he did. I didn't really think about it until hours after the incident but that was the kid that ended up nearly drowning.

I finished my lap once I suspected something might be wrong and asked everyone at the pool in a loud voice if they knew that kid right there, and whether or not he could swim. It was only then that one of the girls got up and said "oh my god save him save him! He can't swim!"

I was the only person at the pool NOT screeching like an absolute monkey. It was like a bunch of our ancestors at a goddamn waterhole watching one of their own being eaten by an alligator. Everyone was screaming. But nobody was doing anything.

I then realized that if I did not save this person, he would die. In a sample size of what had to have been close to thirty people, none of them had the presence of mind to do a single thing except scream. It was like they all believed they were the ones drowning, and not this other person. I grabbed the lifesaver first because I've seen those videos where someone comes to and holds on to their would-be-rescuer, drowning them both and I was damned if I would let myself die for this dumb kid.

When I got him out nobody had yet called 911. None of them knew how to do CPR. I cursed at them and told them to call, and took turns doing compressions with a young man until the paramedics got there. I was convinced the kid was dead when I left. Later I called Tampa general and found out that he was actually okay in the end which truly shocked me because what I saw and heard made me believe with certainty that I had been witnessing a death rattle.

The thing I learned is something I should have been smart enough to know prior. Maybe I did, and the event just made me more cynical about it: people are stupid. They are fucking stupid, and the stupid people are everywhere. There's billions of them. They don't know how to do anything except eat, spend money and play on their goddamn phones. They are only alive because humanity has advanced to a point where its technology accommodates the infinite retardation of the bottom of the barrel. Otherwise they'd be eaten. The lions of the world would be fucking fat from all the surplus of dumb people. If it had been me drowning, I'd have been fucking dead. I would have literally drowned in front of thirty people who sat there and did nothing. Hell they wouldn't have even fucking noticed.

Funniest thing about the whole situation is that afterwards the family of the kid gave me shit because blood was coming out of his mouth.

You're welcome, you vile turds

EDIT: "Kid" means 200+ lb teenager who should have been taught how to swim, especially if he was going to be at the goddamn pool

I had a similar experience rescuing a toddler who ran away into traffic. It shocked me how nobody fucking did anything and would have a toddler be killed by a car. People saw her and did NOTHING. Oh and after rescuing the kid the grandma in charge of her just smacked her and left without even making eye co tact with me. Unbelievable.

Imagine not intervening in a situation like this. No one called the cops, no one tried to stop it. Even a few women could hit him with purses and get him to stop. If there was a man present, he can’t call himself a man.

I believe you. Wtf is wrong with people?

it takes a certain level of aggression/Disagreeableness to intervene in a potentially violent situation, especially if you have a culture that sees the population extremely isolated, which is what happens in groups large enough for everyone to be a “stranger”.

I was likely much quicker to intervene in potentially dangerous situations at 28 than I am now at 38, not for any conscious reason, but just because I can tell I’m a lot less aggressive than I used to be. I’ve also been in the situation where someone is extremely agitated on public transit and seems like they are waiting for a target to present themselves, and fear of the vast majority of people is very real and very animalistic, with the submissive posture and avoidance of eye contact, lack of movement, etc. Combine that with it being easily rationalizeable, and then entirely logical not to do anything, and anything of the sort is a tough situation.

you basically need another individual aggressive/Disagreeable enough, who believes themselves to be at least on physical parity with the aggressor, and who has a themselves much better person. That’s not very common.

it takes a certain level of aggression/Disagreeableness to intervene in a potentially violent situation, especially if you have a culture that sees the population extremely isolated, which is what happens in groups large enough for everyone to be a “stranger”.

I was likely much quicker to intervene in potentially dangerous situations at 28 than I am now at 38, not for any conscious reason, but just because I can tell I’m a lot less aggressive than I used to be. I’ve also been in the situation where someone is extremely agitated on public transit and seems like they are waiting for a target to present themselves, and fear of the vast majority of people is very real and very animalistic, with the submissive posture and avoidance of eye contact, lack of movement, etc. Combine that with it being easily rationalizeable, and then entirely logical not to do anything, and anything of the sort is a tough situation.

you basically need another individual aggressive/Disagreeable enough, who believes themselves to be at least on physical parity with the aggressor, and who has a themselves much better person. That’s not very common.

This sounds a lot like a justification for not stepping in unless there is no chance of gettimg hurt. I could not agree less.

This sounds a lot like a justification for not stepping in unless there is no chance of gettimg hurt. I could not agree less.

Me too, but that’s because we’re us. Lots of people aren’t. And let’s make sure to represent the danger appropriately. It’s killed, not hurt. Anytime you physically intervene with a violent anti-social person, you are putting your life at risk. Someone intervening without realizing or accepting that is likely to accomplish only adding a second victim.

unless she's screaming stop get off me, can you really tell it's a rape ? or unless you saw him actually assault her and undress her .. sex comes in different forms .. obviously sometimes it might look like she's in some discomfort but actually enjoying the situation .. then again I'm assuming this was right in the middle of a crowd so it would look completely out of place nevermind

A little over two years ago I was doing laps at my pool while two groups of people sat on either side and glared at each other while blaring their respective choices of music on their respective choices of boomboxes.

Unbeknownst to anyone except for me once I realized, one of the kids was drowning. I have no fucking idea why he jumped in, but he almost landed on me when he did. I didn't really think about it until hours after the incident but that was the kid that ended up nearly drowning.

I finished my lap once I suspected something might be wrong and asked everyone at the pool in a loud voice if they knew that kid right there, and whether or not he could swim. It was only then that one of the girls got up and said "oh my god save him save him! He can't swim!"

I was the only person at the pool NOT screeching like an absolute monkey. It was like a bunch of our ancestors at a goddamn waterhole watching one of their own being eaten by an alligator. Everyone was screaming. But nobody was doing anything.

I then realized that if I did not save this person, he would die. In a sample size of what had to have been close to thirty people, none of them had the presence of mind to do a single thing except scream. It was like they all believed they were the ones drowning, and not this other person. I grabbed the lifesaver first because I've seen those videos where someone comes to and holds on to their would-be-rescuer, drowning them both and I was damned if I would let myself die for this dumb kid.

When I got him out nobody had yet called 911. None of them knew how to do CPR. I cursed at them and told them to call, and took turns doing compressions with a young man until the paramedics got there. I was convinced the kid was dead when I left. Later I called Tampa general and found out that he was actually okay in the end which truly shocked me because what I saw and heard made me believe with certainty that I had been witnessing a death rattle.

The thing I learned is something I should have been smart enough to know prior. Maybe I did, and the event just made me more cynical about it: people are stupid. They are fucking stupid, and the stupid people are everywhere. There's billions of them. They don't know how to do anything except eat, spend money and play on their goddamn phones. They are only alive because humanity has advanced to a point where its technology accommodates the infinite retardation of the bottom of the barrel. Otherwise they'd be eaten. The lions of the world would be fucking fat from all the surplus of dumb people. If it had been me drowning, I'd have been fucking dead. I would have literally drowned in front of thirty people who sat there and did nothing. Hell they wouldn't have even fucking noticed.

Funniest thing about the whole situation is that afterwards the family of the kid gave me shit because blood was coming out of his mouth.

You're welcome, you vile turds

EDIT: "Kid" means 200+ lb teenager who should have been taught how to swim, especially if he was going to be at the goddamn pool
It’s pretty crazy but a lot of people can be saved with early cpr. I did CPR on a guy about a year ago now. I was sure he was going to die; pulseless and kind of reflexively gasping with his eyes rolled back.

We worked on him for maybe 10 minutes. Found out later he survived and had triple bypass surgery. Still alive today. He was really lucky because we had started cpr within like 2 minutes of him collapsing.

What i'm saying bro is that its not the "liberals" fault. But those who point out quickly that it is in general are missing the point. A conservative or liberal town in general has nothing to do with the action that could happen anywhere and anytime. A general label doesn't help the situation bro.
For some weird reason this sort of mayhem happens in liberal areas 9/10 times.

Liberal president, liberal judge, liberal problems. Whether or not Biden had anything to do with this specifically is irrelevant. The fact that he want open borders means there will lots more incidents like this in the Democrats new America.

While I get your point. This guy was in the US well before Biden became president.

While I get your point. This guy was in the US well before Biden became president.
What amazes me is that I’ve known multiple foreigners who had to return home after finishing college in America who would have been assets to America. In their cases, they wouldn’t have been able to find professional employment, so what good does overstaying your visa do? But if you’re a complete piece of shit, you can overstay, commit multiple crimes, and why the rell wouldn't you?

What amazes me is that I’ve known multiple foreigners who had to return home after finishing college in America who would have been assets to America. In their cases, they wouldn’t have been able to find professional employment, so what good does overstaying your visa do? But if you’re a complete piece of shit, you can overstay, commit multiple crimes, and why the rell wouldn't you?

I wonder if it has to do with where they live....sanctuary cities?

Reactions: JSN
All the human rights being violated on the planet and the liberals are in here defending rapist rights and the right to video rape happening right in front of you. Wow.

Agreed

Duvkj3vXgAEqNDa.jpg
Lol. I wish I did something like the plane where people actually did. These were heroes. Let's roll.

Back