Head Kicks

bah yes i keep forgetting not everyones a south paw like me too:icon_chee

I think Evil was largely inferring being suceptible to that kind of counter he was just beinga rude bastard about it.

I've been "rocked" a few times with headkicks never dropped me but it was strange.

I would "blank" for 5 seconds or so.

And then adrenaline dump would hit me and I would be seeing everything in "slow motion."

It was kinda cool actually. :p

I've seen people teach both. In my experience it never makes a really big difference, and if one is noticeably more comfortable for you I would say go with it.

I keep both my hands up, pretty much because that's how I learned to kick and throwing an arm back just feels awkward for me. Also, keeping my guard up lets me get back into stance quicker than if I threw my arm back.

I hope I don't start a big huge thing again, since the main guy seems to be gone, but this topic is a good example of why I hesitate to post my ideas on Sherdog (well, there's also the fact that I'm not exactly a master).

We don't need to put the people who have accomplished more than us on pedestals. There could always be a better way to do things. It's stupid and wasteful to throw away the ideas of others, when martial arts is a journey that takes your entire lifetime.

Ehhhh...I got nothin else to say really. I wish I could fully explain what I think of this, but I have writer's block or something when I do this. Maybe that's another reason I don't post much.

I hope I don't start a big huge thing again, since the main guy seems to be gone, but this topic is a good example of why I hesitate to post my ideas on Sherdog (well, there's also the fact that I'm not exactly a master).

We don't need to put the people who have accomplished more than us on pedestals. There could always be a better way to do things. It's stupid and wasteful to throw away the ideas of others, when martial arts is a journey that takes your entire lifetime.

Ehhhh...I got nothin else to say really. I wish I could fully explain what I think of this, but I have writer's block or something when I do this. Maybe that's another reason I don't post much.

That's the thing...no one is on a pedestal per say. The reason why the majority are saying that both methods are taught (arm swing & arm forward) is because it's true. But for some dipshit to come and say everyone who does it that way is wrong, lazy, and sloppy (including world class fighters who have for more experience than the guy) isn't going tp go over well.

Present your ideas...just do it on an intelligent manner.

Back