"He

Hahahahaha this is so funny to read

Polemico is a very common word in portuguese. Even in english its not THAT rare

Oh the internet...

Aldo trying to be friends with Conor so he can pull the "I won't fight him, he's my friend" excuse.

Cant belive no one reply to this asshole, of course, the featherweight king, top 3 p4p is scared of a new ufc fighter who couldnt finish max holloway. You should be banned ofr retarded

Cant belive no one reply to this asshole, of course, the featherweight king, top 3 p4p is scared of a new ufc fighter who couldnt finish max holloway. You should be banned ofr retarded

Oh boy, if we start replying to every little troll around sherdog.... You'll learn to ignore them pretty quick if you stick around, don't worry.

You can't spot a troll.

I want to hear Aldo say the word "polemical"

Aldo is just tryin to stay off the goat's shitlist.

Conor by ko in the first if they ever fight.

Of course he is a great fighter. He's in the UFC. Doesn't mean he is as good as HE thinks he is.

Aldo does not have the right to even mention Congoat McGoater by name.

I have never heard the word polemical before
It's translated from Portuguese. It's an incredibly rare word in English, contrary to what people in this thread are saying, because we have the common word "controversial" which basically makes it obsolete.

I'd liken it to the word "procure" in English. Most people probably don't know what that word means, because we have simpler/more common words with the same meaning (ie. seek; get; obtain). But in Portuguese, "procurar" is a fairly common word, so a direct translation might lead to confusion.

we talking grammar ? c'mon guys.. lets end this
but if you're talking the word procure (english), it does not mean procurar. To search = procurar, procure = adquirir.

we grammar nazis..

Whats with all the hype for mcgregor? I've seen a bunch of threads about him lately. i dont think ive even seen him fight before. Has he been particularly impressive? Or is he getting attention just for talk?

It's translated from Portuguese. It's an incredibly rare word in English, contrary to what people in this thread are saying, because we have the common word "controversial" which basically makes it obsolete.

I'd liken it to the word "procure" in English. Most people probably don't know what that word means, because we have simpler/more common words with the same meaning (ie. seek; get; obtain). But in Portuguese, "procurar" is a fairly common word, so a direct translation might lead to confusion.

lol i figured it was somethign like that, thx for clarifying.

we talking grammar ? c'mon guys.. lets end this
but if you're talking the word procure (english), it does not mean procurar. To search = procurar, procure = adquirir.

we grammar nazis..
As I said, it would lead to confusion. Procure in English does mean "seek," as in Portuguese. Although, it can have slightly different meanings in different contexts (ie. get; obtain; acquire).

Aldo talks a lot of shit. If he was black he'd get the Jones treatment on sherdog. JDS too.

I may be wrong, but when McGregor said "Aldo - Safe" I was under the impression he meant he was a safe fighter, not that he was above criticism.

You're exactly right about this. Aldo has been fighting much more safely recently. Apparently Aldo thought Conor had nothing bad to say about him? :icon_lol: Conor can box much better than Aldo, for starters, and he's also a very freak athlete at that with tons of speed, reflexes and power. Aldo doesn't hit as hard as Conor does either. Conor seems to be much more aware of what's happening when he fight as well. Aldo knows he's a threat, it's not something new, so good for him. Aldo thought that "safe" meant that he was off limits at the moment to McGregor. That was his assumption in all of this. McGregor wasn't paying him homage, he meant what you stated (that Aldo has literally been fighting "safe" lately). :icon_idea

Back