He conquered boxing. Is MMA next?

BJ Penn became BJJ world champ in 4 years. A quick learner like Khan could do it in 2 years.
I'm a guy that sees logic based on something previously substantiated. Can you name a boxer that transitioned successfully and was able to win against top ten MMA fighters in MMA with only two years of MMA-related preparation?

Last edited:
lol @ conquered boxing. haha

L7Gy9nD.gif

Why is he punching himself?

Joking aside, Khan's chin is just terrible. On top of, you know, not being an MMA fighter, he's going to get KOed by just about anything that even clips him.

By the way, Hi-Tech is one of the most obvious trolls on this site. You guys should really stop taking the bait.

I'm a guy that sees logic based on something previously substantiated. Can you name a boxer that transitioned successfully and was able to win against top ten MMA fighters in MMA with only two years of MMA-related preparation?

Can you name a boxer of Khan level that has even tried to transition?

I wish him the best. A true class act that looks for paychecks. I think if Conor Loses to Nate. A great way for him to keep the attention and headlines is if he fights Amir khan. I'm down for that fight 100%
fixed

In a boxing fight, yeah, he'd almost definitely beat Conor.

In MMA? With kicks, clinches, takedowns, grappling, submissions, and 4oz gloves? And he's never spent more than 15 minutes training any of those things? he'd be broken into pieces by guys not in the top 25.

He survived this

maidana-khan-boom-o.gif

How many MMA fighters wouldn't be at least knocked down by that bomb by hard hitting Maidana?

Can you name a boxer of Khan level that has even tried to transition?
An unknown is not an answer I'd rely upon for justifying the statement that a boxer can transition to top tier MMA with two years preparation. Sorry...

He dared to be great and took a fight that was very risky and could have damaged his career. There is no satisfying keyboard warriors I guess.
id fight canelo for millions of dollars as well
this guy doesnt care about his legacy or career, he wants to cash out, its why he chased after floyd for 10 years begging to get a payday and when he couldnt get it he said "fuck it i'll just let canelo ko me"

i like amir khan and im not blaming him for any of these things im just keeping it real

Holly Holm ?
TBH, she was also a kickboxer before her MMA career. And she started fighting in MMA in 2011, IIRC.

this guy doesnt care about his legacy or career, he wants to cash out, its why he chased after floyd for 10 years begging to get a payday and when he couldnt get it he said "fuck it i'll just let canelo ko me"

You mean when Floyd ducked him for 10 years? Khan is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd.

Holly Holm ?
TBH, she was also a kickboxer before her MMA career. And she started fighting in MMA in 2011, IIRC.
Come on... she's trained with Wink for fk'n years. Plus comparing a relatively new female pool of fighters to males? No comparison.

By the way, Hi-Tech is one of the most obvious trolls on this site. You guys should really stop taking the bait.

People are boring with this "troll" thing. What is a "troll" anyway? Just because I start controversial topics that most people don't dare to touch doesn't mean I'm "trolling".

I have more likes per post than you btw, this means I'm the more respected and reputed poster here.

i like amir khan and im not blaming him for any of these things im just keeping it real

And you're saying this based on what exactly. Your personal friendship with the man? Fact is that you have no way of knowing what the fucking he's thinking.

Only boxer I see being a little successful in MMA is Manny. He trained kickboxing and wrestled in his younger years so he would atleast have some knowledge of what to expect and not be ignorant like some boxers who have tried MMA. Thinking there footwork is all they would need.

• Khans got great skills. Fast. Accurate. That thing he does punching the water bottle in the air is awesome. But the dude gets hurt quite easy. Imo. And thats with boxing gloves. You think he can take a shot with 4ozers? Oh yeah. And how about fighting on the ground?

He went up. He fought the bigger man. He took risks.

The first 5 rounds of the fight were easy for Khan, let's be honest he slapped the head off Canelo. Once the gas tank went, that was it. He drowned. Canelo landed that one punch that rang the bell. He was close to being done. One or two more shots and he would have been wrapped up.
I don't think you understand the definition of "conquered".

Back