He conquered boxing. Is MMA next?

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
367A438200000578-3701994-British_boxer_Amir_Khan_poses_with_a_replica_UFC_championship_be-a-27_1469628209016.jpg

After Holly Holm dispatched the fraud Ronda Rousey it looks like the boxing world will now send one of its finest male warriors to end the last remaining UFC hype job Conor McGregor.

I think Amir Khan will actually do it, he's crazy enough and likes to take risk, especially if the pay is good and Conor is the money fight for him. He can also promote the MMA organization that he owns this way. He's a big name enough and will be able to force the UFC to co-promote the fight with that Indian promotion.

His style translates the best to MMA (obviously he'll need to train on the other aspects too), his chin won't be a problem at all given how MMA is full of glass chins. In fact, by MMA standard he should be known as "The Iron Chin Warrior". People forget that he went 10 rounds with Maidana, eating a lot of bombs in the process.

Against Canelo he ate a big right hand that connected that would have KOd anybody. He moved up in weight and fought a guy who's legitimately 2 weight classes bigger than him (unlike Conor vs lightweight Nate).

He's still young and has plenty of time to work on his MMA game. Being the big transcending combat sports star that he is he will be able to cherry pick suitable opponents and avoid wrestlers entirely.

He'll make McTapper (who will be foolish enough to stand with him) tap from STRIKES after he sneaks a body shot.

Amir_Khan_Speed.0.gif

I wish him the best. A true class act that looks for challenges. I think if Conor Loses to Nate. A great way for him to keep the attention and headlines is if he fights Amir khan. I'm down for that fight 100%

Conquered boxing?

Then why did he get corpsed by Canelo and Danny Boy?

367A438200000578-3701994-British_boxer_Amir_Khan_poses_with_a_replica_UFC_championship_be-a-27_1469628209016.jpg

After Holly Holm dispatched the fraud Ronda Rousey it looks like the boxing world will now send one of its finest male warriors to end the last remaining UFC hype job Conor McGregor.

I think Amir Khan will actually do it, he's crazy enough and likes to take risk, especially if the pay is good and Conor is the money fight for him. He can also promote the MMA organization that he owns this way. He's a big name enough and will be able to force the UFC to co-promote the fight with that Indian promotion.

His style translates the best to MMA (obviously he'll need to train on the other aspects too), his chin won't be a problem at all given how MMA is full of glass chins. In fact, by MMA standard he should be known as "The Iron Chin Warrior". People forget that he went 10 rounds with Maidana, eating a lot of bombs in the process.

Against Canelo he ate a big right hand that connected that would have KOd anybody. He moved up in weight and fought a guy who's legitimately 2 weight classes bigger than him (unlike Conor vs lightweight Nate).

He's still young and has plenty of time to work on his MMA game. Being the big transcending combat sports star that he is he will be able to cherry pick suitable opponents and avoid wrestlers entirely.

He'll make McTapper (who will be foolish enough to stand with him) tap from STRIKES after he sneaks a body shot.

Amir_Khan_Speed.0.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If he wants to come, nice

If he doesn't, then fuck off

But it would be absolutely delightful seeing connie going 0-4

no, he's a bitch trying to ride the mcgregor hypetrain

I've got mad respect for Khan but saying he conquered boxing is a stretch.

I like Khan a lot, he should play to his strengths though. He's too brave for his own good picking fights against monsters like Canelo. I think he smokes Mcgregor in boxing or mma, provided he has say a year to prepare.

Conquered boxing?

Then why did he get corpsed by Canelo and Danny Boy?

He went up. He fought the bigger man. He took risks.

The first 5 rounds of the fight were easy for Khan, let's be honest he slapped the head off Canelo. Once the gas tank went, that was it. He drowned. Canelo landed that one punch that rang the bell. He was close to being done. One or two more shots and he would have been wrapped up.

He went up. He fought the bigger man. He took risks.

The first 5 rounds of the fight were easy for Khan, let's be honest he slapped the head off Canelo. Once the gas tank went, that was it. He drowned. Canelo landed that one punch that rang the bell. He was close to being done. One or two more shots and he would have been wrapped up.

Gassed? Close to being done?

Lol

Umm... he looked like he got shot in the head by a sniper in the audience.

I dont care how good a boxer you are, it takes multiple years of hardcore dedicated grappling training to become sufficient enough to survive in mma. Not to mention a mauy thai/ kickboxing expert would murder him from range out of the gate as well

Mark my words. If Nate beats Conor. this fight will happen. It's most logical step for Conor. after the Aldo fight.

I dont care how good a boxer you are, it takes multiple years of hardcore dedicated grappling training to become sufficient enough to survive in mma. Not to mention a mauy thai/ kickboxing expert would murder him from range out of the gate as well

BJ Penn became BJJ world champ in 4 years. A quick learner like Khan could do it in 2 years.

Back