He conquered boxing. Is MMA next?

Even if McGregor started getting pieced up he would sub Khan whenever

welcome to the UFC!
20140323032929_cid_6822F35DCE7948C19152BD175E26D436.JPG

Honestly I wish him the best and can see him having some success. But.............. He will be wrecked by almost all of the elite fighters with well rounded games.

Conquered boxing??? Lol!
Is MMA next? Um, No!

Now this I would like to see. A in prime top level boxer making the move to mma

I'm a guy that sees logic based on something previously substantiated. Can you name a boxer that transitioned successfully and was able to win against top ten MMA fighters in MMA with only two years of MMA-related preparation?
Yep, Ray Mercer.
2vw8qph.jpg

Amir kahn is actually a decent guy from the interviews i have seen ....... he is a guy I would root for. That said while his hand speed would dwarf any LW, or FW out there - I asume he would fight at LW ...... His only chance is catch someone as he wouldn't do as great as you might think in pure stand up as kicks are a big part of it and the take downs -- he would make Conor look like a Gracie. Add the fact he is known to have a suspect chin - but I doubt anyone in LW MMA hits nearly as hard as boxers but on the flip side of it - the gloves are so much smaller you feel it a ton more.

I think he could do decent K1 style as he could learn to defend kicks and his hand speed advantage would be so great it would maybe equalize it some ..... even though hes not known as a power hitter - with the MMA gloves an that speed he would be IMO.

would love to see him try but it would take the guy at least a year to train and Dana n co. would have to have him fight stand up fighters at least the first year or so. If he went in against a guy with any type of ground game he's done

This dude is still trolling huh? Someone gonna ban him or what?

BJ Penn became BJJ world champ in 4 years. A quick learner like Khan could do it in 2 years.

Yeah that's also like a fucking record that's only been accomplished by one person ever. You're saying AK can do it twice as fast?

Khan has been ducking the top 147's for some time now...... guy is a sell out. He is afraid to prove his talk in the ring.

I dont see Khan doing too well.

Unless he legit trains Grappling for several years and leaves Boxing permanently, which will never happen, he has no chance.

Also, lol at him getting to cherry pick, no way the UFC lets him do that.

BJ Penn became BJJ world champ in 4 years. A quick learner like Khan could do it in 2 years.
Lol, right, a "quick learner" could become good enough at BJJ and Wrestling to survive against the best in MMA.

They call BJ a prodigy for a reason, Khan is no such man.

Haha! Ol' Mercer. Did he really enter the ranks of his MMA weight-class top ten and win? Funny mention though.
That's him knocking out Tim Sylvia who was ranked #8 by sherdog at the time. Although he'd put on 40lbs since his previous fight when he fought Mercer.

Sorry dude. I stopped reading at "the fraud Ronda"

Oh it's you again. Didn't you just post some shit about Yoel Romero Racism.

And here you're stinking Sherdog up with even more shit.

Back