Television HBO should have used GOT to become the historical series / fantasy series channel primarily

I'm guessing part of the issue with Game of Thrones is that whilst it was popular right from the start it was not THAT popular, its a rare show were the viewing figures increased for every season until it ended so you were not dealing with an absolute monster it became until closer to the end.

You are thinking of Jim Rome
You never watched HBOs Rome.

When Jim Rome was still working in ESPN, they called his TV series Rome is Burning.

That name lasted a long time. Afterwards, his ESPN TV series was called Jim Rome is Burning.

I'm guessing part of the issue with Game of Thrones is that whilst it was popular right from the start it was not THAT popular, its a rare show were the viewing figures increased for every season until it ended so you were not dealing with an absolute monster it became until closer to the end.
How closer to the end?

Early GOT was a small scale, start something on a small scale and have the story potentially wrapping up early if necessary.

How closer to the end?

Early GOT was a small scale, start something on a small scale and have the story potentially wrapping up early if necessary.

I still have to watch HBO's Pilot Episode of GOT. Supposedly, it's extremely different compared to what actually released.

How closer to the end?

Viewing average in millions...

Season 1 – 9.3 million
Season 2 – 11.6 million
Season 3 – 14.4 million
Season 4 – 19.1 million
Season 5 – 20.2 million
Season 6 – 25.7 million
Season 7 _ 32.8 million
Season 8 – 46 million

Viewing average in millions...

Season 1 – 9.3 million
Season 2 – 11.6 million
Season 3 – 14.4 million
Season 4 – 19.1 million
Season 5 – 20.2 million
Season 6 – 25.7 million
Season 7 _ 32.8 million
Season 8 – 46 million
9 mil is a pretty damn great number, also they are are more hardcore fans.

Will Martin ever finish The Winds of Winter? Even if The Winds of Winter releases, will he ever finish writing A Dream of Spring?

He won't. If he passes all the notes to a competent writer I'd still be fine though, his writing style is not really perfect either way. But at this point my man has a treasure of plots in his sick fat head, don't know if I'd trust anyone else to handle that.

Back