Haye pours scorn on Skelton offer

Haye @ 200 is a better fighter than anyone Rahman has fought in the last three years. Rahman isn't undefeated in the last three years.

You can probably say best opponent in 4-5 years. And let's be honest, by the time Toney fought Rahman, he was shot. He isn't even a true Heavyweight.

Toney was not shot when he fought Rahman, IMO. He was just caught off of roids.

You can probably say best opponent in 4-5 years. And let's be honest, by the time Toney fought Rahman, he was shot. He isn't even a true Heavyweight.

I think Rahman is better today if he loses the first fight to Lewis. I don't think he's been as hungry since he reached the pinnacle.

I think Rahman is better today if he loses the first fight to Lewis. I don't think he's been as hungry since he reached the pinnacle.

I don't think so. Hungry or not, Rahman has been very reliable in the fact that he ends up blowing fights he has in the bag. Even if Rahman now is as good as he is in 98-99, he still liable in blowing it against the top guys in the division.

so the combined weight of toney-rahman....are we looking at 600 bills here?

Zuri Lawrence and the term "solid muscle" should never be in the same sentence. Zuri has man boobs.

In Wlad we have a dominant heavyweght champion, with a current not all too disimilar from the one that Lennox Lewis came to prominence with, late in his career.

Wlad continues to be one of the most underrated fighters on the face of the earth. He' the most dominnt champion in all of sports, yet all we hear is "oooh, booo heavyweights suck!". Right.

Of the 90's (one of the strongest era's for heavyweight boxing, IMO) you left out Byrd, Ibeabuchi and Grant. All of these heavies were at some point ranked #2 in the entire division. Other notable names which belong are Akinwande and McCall.

F

I was once frank warrens worst critic. He was always afraid to bring his fighters over here but on this he is right.

Rahman was a one hit wonder and anyone thinking hes a step up from Skelton must have missed his last couple of fights.

Anyone thinking Skelton is on Rahman's level, must have missed his last 23 fights.

This isn't even close. Like I said Rahman has been a unified world champion and fought at the very best world level over the last 10 years. Gaining some big wins along the way. To say he was a B level fighter at his best, would probably be fair, if not a little harsh after the Lewis fight.

Where as Skelton has done absolutely nothing. He struggled to get by Williams and the journeyman Sprott for his best wins, and to say he is C level fighter would be just about the biggest compliment he is ever likely to receive.

Someone better tell Haye that he has to build up his cred...even tho its HW division. Title shots are earned my friend.

I think either way we are going to be paying attention to Haye's career.

Question for everyone :

Haye vs Chambers? How about Haye vs the other smaller HW's?

Back