Haye pours scorn on Skelton offer

haye brings some flavor to a vanilla division. not vanilla because of east euro domination

David Haye is exactly what the heavyweight division needs, sh*t this thread even proves it... When was the last thread made about some smack a HW was talking??
His skills are relatively untested at HW, but at least he's gonna bring some entertainment, whether he's bringing or receiving the KO's!
I hope he does back up his talk, but at least if he doesnt he'll get bring some much needed attention to a boring & charisma-less division!

Rockman is a big name, former champ, and moves like a turtle. How is some converted kickboxer any better? QUOTE]

Simply put, because Skelton is better than Rahman.

ful i like the attitude, lest we forget hes planning on backing up these claims so im gonna enjoy the ride and try catch a fight or two, i hope he does well, the HWS are fucking shit of late.

Williams has a thick base. I don't know if he can make 230.

Given he's gone back up to almost his heaviest in his last couple of fights. BUT don't forget he trimmed down to a career low of 228 just last year. Make no mistake, Williams can make that weight, he just isn't disciplined enough to do it on a regular basis.

I take Rahman by Ko in the 9th round. I believe the fight will play out identical to the corrie sanders fight, Haye will start fast put rahman down in the first , but Rahman will soldier on through to later rounds and stop Haye.

He really isn't.

He really is. For the sake of argument, let's say Rahman is better. Haye put on the act that a fight with the washed up crappy Skelton is straight up laughable. Rahman is leaps and bounds outside of Skelton's category, according to Mr. Haye?

haye is getting on my nerves
i found his rants funny at firsts but i would like to first see him beat a top 10 heavyweight before talking smack

He really is. For the sake of argument, let's say Rahman is better. Haye put on the act that a fight with the washed up crappy Skelton is straight up laughable. Rahman is leaps and bounds outside of Skelton's category, according to Mr. Haye?

No, according to anyone with a brain.

Rahman has held the WBC, IBF & IBO world titles. With best wins coming over Lennox Lewis, Corrie Sanders & Monte Barrett. Two draws against Tua & Toney, fights he arguably won.

Matt Skelton? Lets see, not even close to winning a world title, with best wins coming over Danny Willims, Michael Sprott & Fabio Moli. Impressive, eh?

There is no argument to be made here. Other than the Urango got robbed against Hatton statement in another thread, that's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

No, according to anyone with a brain.

Rahman has held the WBC, IBF & IBO world titles. With best wins coming over Lennox Lewis, Corrie Sanders & Monte Barrett. Two draws against Tua & Toney, fights he arguably won.

Matt Skelton? Lets see, not even close to winning a world title, with best wins coming over Danny Willims, Michael Sprott & Fabio Moli. Impressive, eh?

There is no argument to be made here. Other than the Urango got robbed against Hatton statement in another thread, that's the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Rahman was a one hit wonder and anyone thinking hes a step up from Skelton must have missed his last couple of fights.

...but what a one-hit it was!

I think Rahman's one-hit severely damaged Lennox Lewis' All-Time standing.
None of the other Greats in Heavyweight history ever lost the title by way of a one punch knockout during their PRIME the way Lennox Lewis managed to do on two separate occasions.

(I will add that Lennox ought to have been allowed to continue in the McCall stoppage as Lennox was on his feet at the count of six on shaky legs. You don't stop a Heavyweight title fight on a single knockdown where the Champ beats the count and is up at six. F'IN BULLSHAT! WBC ref.)

Lennox Lewis was still the last dominant heavyweight though, the best of the 90's and early 2000's. All-Time standing is another matter.

Regarding David Haye, Rahman's still a step up from Matt Skelton though, mostly on name recognition and selling tickets.
Rahman looked dreadful against a third-tier Zuri Lawrence, remember him? 6'4", 237 lbs of solid muscle, yet has NEVER scored a single knockout in all his 23 victories.

Some of you fellas must really LIKE the way the Heavyweight division has been going the past several years. Haye's the only excitement there is at heavyweight right now, and some of you fight fans appear like you wish Haye would just go away instead.

Zuri Lawrence and the term "solid muscle" should never be in the same sentence. Zuri has man boobs.

In Wlad we have a dominant heavyweght champion, with a current not all too disimilar from the one that Lennox Lewis came to prominence with, late in his career.

Wlad continues to be one of the most underrated fighters on the face of the earth. He' the most dominnt champion in all of sports, yet all we hear is "oooh, booo heavyweights suck!". Right.

Judging from Rahman's recent performances, this fight was made more as a stepping stone, preview fight. Rahman has the name and he was a credible contender once upon a time. He still might be in some eyes. But I don't feel his handlers hand Haye a gimme fight. Rahman has power. Really good power. And once upon a time, Rahman had a decent jab. So the fight might not be as bad as some of you predict it to be. If Rahman comes in fighting shape (225-230), he has a good chance in ruining Haye's coming out party.

But then again, assessing his recent performances again, he might be shot. To an extent in which he is not even a viable contender anymore. Who knows. Hope he does show up for the fight.

*On the game Rahman is better than on the game Skeleton. His handlers made a good choice. Skeleton doesn't have pull anywhere other than Brick town. Even there he is overshadowed by others.

Back