Have YOU! tried biria tacos?

Overrated, imo. Gimme some lengua or tripe instead.

I'm a ground beef taco guy but... I could eat @lsa

e2ecc23a-35d6-484e-9157-b4d02c875b51.jpg

Overrated, imo. Gimme some lengua or tripe instead.
Lengua yes maybe cabeza, tripe no. most cooks can not cook/clean tripe correctly and it ends up tasting burnt,salty,metallic and with a hint of feces. It the tripe is made by a good cook it can be good but most people can't cook it.

Have you ever tried biria tacos? It's a special kind of taco that you dip into a special spicy dipping sauce

The “birria” part is the style of the sauce with its particular ingredients of chiles guajillos and pasillos, garlic, white onion, purple onion, cloves, ginger, and vinegar and the way of cooking the meat in it. The most common meats used for birria are beef, lamb, and goat.

dF0inqs.jpeg

4EkTI5k.jpeg

kFsW2mt.jpeg
That looks fantastic I haven't tried them yet but want to.

Remember the first time I had them I didn’t use the consume for whatever reason and they were amazing. Next time I dipped them in the consume and they and that was a game changer. Absolutely amazing

Prolly good we don't have heaps of Mexican food in Oz.
We have a GyG near me and their tacos are addictive. Their spicy tacos have destroyed my anus over the last two weeks.

I plan on making some soon.

I braise beef chuck on the regular so there’s no reason not to make them. Also if you’re not braising your meat you are missing out big time. You can do it with beef, pork, chicken, etc if it has the proper fat content.

Yeah a guy near me goes by the Birria Bandit and they're amazing.

There's a taco truck here that does birria quesodillas, if they weren't so expensive I'd probably be dead from eating too many of those.

No but I've made tacos just like that without the dipping sauce. I'm kind of reluctant to try it. I always just get regular tacos when I hit up the taco truck at least once a week.

Are these "real tacos". Like the ones in Mexico instead of taco bell. Anyway, I've had some good tacos that didn't have all the bells and whistles, but when im in the mood for tacos I like tomato, sour cream, mixed cheese, beef, sauce, and lettuce.

There is a great Mexican place next door to my work and I get their biria a lot. So good.

Back