Have you ever been arrested? **UPDATED**

Will write about it later. I'm still laying in the bed on my phone....

If you're "assaulting a police officer" while drunk (I assume), can't they really fuck you up with the new "one punch" laws? Or did those not come in? Or did your stuff happen before they came in?

In 2002 for drunk driving. I was an idiot.

I'm still an idiot but I've grown up a little since then.

Amazingly, nope. I've been cuffed, thrown in the back of cop cars, airlifted to hospitals with alcohol/cocaine/marijuana/opiates/benzos all in my BLOOD, never charged with a DUI. I'm the luckiest motherfucker. Teflon, baby :D

If you're "assaulting a police officer" while drunk (I assume), can't they really fuck you up with the new "one punch" laws? Or did those not come in? Or did your stuff happen before they came in?

this was all very recent happening in end of may so all those new laws and restrictions were in full flow.

the assault was not that of a physical nature but i did spit in the face of a cop. lets put it roughly this way, i was passed out and a bunch of cops woke me up. in my stupidly drunk and startled state i was very agitated and aggressive as i had no idea what was going on. they said in their report that i was not co-operating when they were trying to ask me questions, but thats because i was speaking incoherent nonsense back. one of the first things they did instead of being the last thing they needed to do, if needed at all was handcuff me, when they cuffed me thats when i spat in the face of one of them, then they threw me to the ground and i got a gnarly scratch on my chin from the pavement.

but. the worst case of assaulting a cop is five years in jail. minimum of a bad assault is 2 years in jail. i just got a criminal conviction and a 2 year behaviour bond. i say 'just' not because im dismissing my charges as nothing but in relation to the most severe outcome and shit i got ok. anyway appealing my sentence on the grounds of it being too severe.

this was all very recent happening in end of may so all those new laws and restrictions were in full flow.

the assault was not that of a physical nature but i did spit in the face of a cop. lets put it roughly this way, i was passed out and a bunch of cops woke me up. in my stupidly drunk and startled state i was very agitated and aggressive as i had no idea what was going on. they said in their report that i was not co-operating when they were trying to ask me questions, but thats because i was speaking incoherent nonsense back. one of the first things they did instead of being the last thing they needed to do, if needed at all was handcuff me, when they cuffed me thats when i spat in the face of one of them, then they threw me to the ground and i got a gnarly scratch on my chin from the pavement.

but. the worst case of assaulting a cop is five years in jail. minimum of a bad assault is 2 years in jail. i just got a criminal conviction and a 2 year behaviour bond. i say 'just' not because im dismissing my charges as nothing but in relation to the most severe outcome and shit i got ok. anyway appealing my sentence on the grounds of it being too severe.

Makes sense, could have been a lot worse, I suppose. If one of them had tripped over your foot or something. Good luck and hopefully it'll just end up being a very expensive night out and nothing more after the appeal.

Makes sense, could have been a lot worse, I suppose. If one of them had tripped over your foot or something. Good luck and hopefully it'll just end up being a very expensive night out and nothing more after the appeal.

thanks man, fingers crossed it all disappears !

talking with lawyers and friends, appeals turn out with a better sentence something like 60% of the time. section 10 are given like 30% of the time. so weighing those up, i will definitely get a better outcome whether it is the one im seeking but always hoping for the best with this !

What is a high risk venue?

lol at good behavior bond
Sounds like a punishment Mr Rogers would give out

No, I've never been arrested, but I came close once.

When I was 18, my friends and I were smoking weed in a wooded area near a park and a cop showed up. He asked for our information, and gave us some talk about how kids have died from it. Total BS, but I still greatly appreciate that he let us go and didn't get our parents involved, or charge us with possession.

What is a high risk venue?

lol at good behavior bond
Sounds like a punishment Mr Rogers would give out

a high risk venue in this circumstance is any where that serves alcohol.

i was given a 3.5 page list of all the bars or night clubs and even theatres in the cbd precinct that i am not allowed to go to for a year.

No, I've never been arrested, but I came close once.

When I was 18, my friends and I were smoking weed in a wooded area near a park and a cop showed up. He asked for our information, and gave us some talk about how kids have died from it. Total BS, but I still greatly appreciate that he let us go and didn't get our parents involved, or charge us with possession.

that cop seemed nice. did he apologise for interrupting your choof sesh ?

theres a lame 'canadians are so nice and always apologising' joke in there.

Can you explain something to me?

You went to crown court? If you had a barrister in England you have to go to the Crown rather than Magistrate and that means something bigger than a magistrates court can try you for. I thought it was the same in Oz being you're under the Commonwealth of The Queen.

Well done.

Can you explain something to me?

You went to crown court? If you had a barrister in England you have to go to the Crown rather than Magistrate and that means something bigger than a magistrates court can try you for. I thought it was the same in Oz being you're under the Commonwealth of The Queen.

Well done.

no i was in front of the local court which is the lowest type of court.

taken from the findlaw.au website
- Local and Magistrates' Courts

Local Court and Magistrates’ Courts hear less serious matters and are heard by a Magistrate.

The role of the Local or Magistrates Court in criminal matters varies in each State and Territory. For example, in NSW, 90 per cent of criminal matters will be dealt with by the Local Court. In the ACT, the Magistrates Court hears criminal matters but only to decide whether or not the accused should be sent to a high court for a trial.

if you are asking why i took a barrister rather that of a solicitor just for this case, my sister is a lawyer and has alot of friends and connections who were offering their services to help out.

i think in my appeal i will be faced with a judge which will be out of the local court and not dealing with magistrates. stats show that convictions can only get more lenient with the appeal and they will never deal out a more serious conviction. but as i said in the original update, the magistrate i dealt with gets a real wet p*ssy just thinking about cops. she is a cop lover and let a female cop caught pissing on a war memorial on anzac day free of charge.

Last edited:
I usually side with cops but I hate it when they use the "assault on a police officer" charge when it is spitting. In a way I understand that they need a charge to prevent people from spitting on them and that saliva can transmit disease, but the charge is too serious for what it really is. Anyways

It seems like you do regret doing it which is good. Was alcohol involved?

And no I have never been arrested.

I normally dont side with cops because theyre corrupt assholes, but to me I would much rather be punched in the face then spat on, thats fuckin dirty and disgusting.

Spitting is the 1 of the grossest things people can don and nothing is worst then when people spit on public sidewalks and bar patios. Seriously nobody wants to walk in the shit.

On topic no I have never been arrested, even though I've been charged with 2 felonies(both dropped). I was charged after the "crimes" were committed so I got a court date and as long as I showed up, I was able to post bail right away.

I took an overdose of benzodiazepines also i had been drinking a bit..and for some stupid reason i drove my car until i was stopped for dangerous driving..

Anyways i got my drivers license suspended for 2 years, a fine at about $3k and 30 days in jail (i live in europe)

Back