Has there ever been a LHW champ that could trade with prime silva?

Shogun would be the least of his worries.

Jones gives him serious problems.

Strength doesn't play into trading punches. Power, timing and rhythm do, and Prime Anderson >> Jones on all three. He's more than crafty enough to deal with the reach and height too.
Dude what are you smoking. Strength doesn't play a factor? Sure it does. Esp in the clinch. That's all part of standup.

Prime Andy got ktfo by weidman and tagged by chael. No way he can deal with the size and reach. He'd get rag dolled.

His phone number?

In no way relating to MMA would Gegard have had Silva's number!
Because Weidman and Bisping did not :) You seriously think Moose is not a better striker than those two?

Because Weidman and Bisping did not :) You seriously think Moose is not a better striker than those two?

Weidman would fuck Moose up.

Prime Silva would have eaten Bisping for breakfast!

Weidman would fuck Moose up.

Prime Silva would have eaten Bisping for breakfast!
Weidman outstriking Mousasi, hahaha. What striking credentials with Weidman do you base that on??

Pillowfist Bisping at 37 still outboxed and knocked Silva around for five rounds, Mousasi would have destroyed him even in his prime!

Dude what are you smoking. Strength doesn't play a factor? Sure it does. Esp in the clinch.

Whatever I'm smoking it didn't prevent me from reading the thread title and OP.

What's your excuse?

machida and shogun would go toe to toe no problem.
Jones based on reach advantage too despite the lack of KO power from him.

When the hell did Machida go toe to tow with anyone? Since when it running going toe to toe?

1. So his boxing would have been so muchhhhhhh better???
2. But was prime at 38???
3. He landed 1 kick that took effect. Still got outstruck.
4. See # 2
Fighters can literaly fall out of there prime over night

I don't think he'd KO him due to lack of power, but he'd hold his own for sure, mostly due to reach advantage.

I do think if they were the same size silva would tool him to no end.

No, I don't think he would KO him, he would just cut him down over the long term.

If they were the same size, who knows, but they aren't.

Easy fight for even skinny Jones.
Shogun could have done it too, but that's more up in the air.

But if Jones broke down Shogun like he did, he would do the same to Silva.

There is not a LHW in history that would be the favorite against Prime Anderson on the feet. Sorry Shogun fans.

rampage-jackson-a-team-wRSRQO-quote.jpg

has there ever been a LHW champ in history that could stand and trade with silva and beat him without taking him down?

Prime Pride Wanderlei and prime Pride Shogun are the only two who would even have been able to try it. Chuck and Rampage and Jones would've got carved up early and swiftly changed their approach. Machida would've gone for TD's once he got clipped.

Shogun is the one I think would have a chance. Not sure I'd bet on him, but he would have weight, strength & power advantages vs Silva. Anderson would probably walk through fire and get it done though. His fight with Hendo showed what prime Anderson could do on the feet vs a tough, powerful Pride banger.

The thread is about Prime Silva. Aka pre-Cote Silva, when he used to mix forward aggression and countering and fought at a significantly higher pace.

The heavily counter-based game he played since moving past his early 30s, no longer having the physical capacity to lead as much as in his earlier days or fight at the same pace, is not what this thread is about.

Prime Silva wasn't much of a leader either, he could certainly put on pressure in the clinch, but even then I wouldn't describe him as someone that was particularly good at leading. That being said though I still feel that Prime Jones has more than enough tools to handle Prime Silva on the feet. While he's not a particularly good boxer, in fairness he has never particularly needed to be, the rest of his stand up skills have made up for it.

Obviously the fight is closer between the two assuming no takedowns or groundwork, but I'd still say Jones takes it. Aside from that and the aforementioned Shogun, I could see Rampage being a pain for Anderson Silva in his prime too, although I don't think he would win against Silva.

1. So his boxing would have been so muchhhhhhh better???
2. But was prime at 38???
3. He landed 1 kick that took effect. Still got outstruck.
4. See # 2
Did I claim his prime was at 38? He landed one kick that took effect and DC landed 0 strikes that took effect.

Did I claim his prime was at 38? He landed one kick that took effect and DC landed 0 strikes that took effect.
He was the champ and at the top of his game 3-4 years ago. So when was he in his prime?

Lol at he lands one kick where he digs his toes in and causes a reaction so he got the better of the standup. Grow up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back