Has there ever been a LHW champ that could trade with prime silva?

That's not what the thread is about. If you think JBJ could trade with Prime Silva you know nothing about MMA.
Dude are you kidding me? Cormier out struck silva. GTFO that he's no longer prime striker anymore. He just lost his chin.

Dude are you kidding me? Cormier out struck silva. GTFO that he's no longer prime striker anymore. He just lost his chin.
You're an idiot.
1. Silva took the fight on 3 days notice
2. Silva is 41
3. Silva did more damage standing than Cormier did.
4. Prime Silva isn't 41

You're an idiot.
1. Silva took the fight on 3 days notice
2. Silva is 41
3. Silva did more damage standing than Cormier did.
4. Prime Silva isn't 41
1. So his boxing would have been so muchhhhhhh better???
2. But was prime at 38???
3. He landed 1 kick that took effect. Still got outstruck.
4. See # 2

I think Silvas too damned dynamic but Rampage would have been fun.

Don't know if he would win but Prime Rampage had legit boxing skills and very heavy hands. Silva is super elusive but Page was always aggressive and good at cutting off the cage. Would have been a fun fight.

I know alot and I think he would beat Silva trading.

I don't think he'd KO him due to lack of power, but he'd hold his own for sure, mostly due to reach advantage.

I do think if they were the same size silva would tool him to no end.

rampage jackson, silva couldnt trade with bisping, imagine him trying to slug it out with rampage

Shogun and Jones would do well against him. Rampage would be a really fun fight to watch.

Not trading punches. Not even close.

Trading punches is a bad term, because it implies that these two fighters would stand and bang rather than it being a tactical fight. Jon Jones absolutely could beat Silva standing though, Silva doesn't like opponents who don't lead, and Jon Jones wouldn't run face first into Silva's fist like so man of Silva's overmatched opponents did.

Would murder him based on size, strength and reach.

Jones's striking, in both offensive and defensive terms, isn't close to Prime Anderson's level.

Jones is a better all-round fighter, but in the terms of this thread Anderson is his daddy.

Jones's striking, in both offensive and defensive terms, isn't close to Prime Anderson's level.

Jones is a better all-round fighter, but in the terms of this thread Anderson is his daddy.
I never said Jones had better striking. I said silva wouldn't be able to deal with the size, strength and reach disadvantage.

... Silva doesn't like opponents who don't lead ...

The thread is about Prime Silva. Aka pre-Cote Silva, when he used to mix forward aggression and countering and fought at a significantly higher pace.

The heavily counter-based game he played since moving past his early 30s, no longer having the physical capacity to lead as much as in his earlier days or fight at the same pace, is not what this thread is about.

Prime Silva is a nightmare for any LHW striker, especially the aggressive ones.

I never said Jones had better striking. I said silva wouldn't be able to deal with the size, strength and reach disadvantage.

Strength doesn't play into trading punches. Power, timing and rhythm do, and Prime Anderson >> Jones on all three. He's more than crafty enough to deal with the reach and height too.

Moose would have his number.

Seeing as Silva didn't trade with people hardly ever, he'd probably get KO'ed if he tried that.

Back