Has JDS' chin ever been tested?

jonnee

White Belt
Reaction score
Cant think of a fight where JDS has taken a big shot before? Usually he smashes them quick but when he does go into the 3rd round he has dominated in both offence and defence- Nelson landing about 40, Carwin 20 and Crocop 20 (these were fightmetric I didnt rewatch the fights). I am not saying it would be suspect but its all contenders from here on out...

Dos Santos hasn't been hit too hard often because of his excellent defense, he has still shown a great chin.

He's been hit, but by nothing significant.

So yeah, you could say we don't really know how he handles himself after being rocked or dropped and is he able to recover or not, but everything points to him being perfectly fine getting punched in the face as long as he can hit you back harder.

Several of the crosses that Cro Cop hit him with were solid punches and he walked right through them.

He took some solid left straights from Cro Cop, other than that, I don't remember him taking too much damage in fights, only delivering it.

I'm pretty sure Nelson, Carwin and CC all landed shots significant enough for us to be able to declare his chin tested. I

Several of the crosses that Cro Cop hit him with were solid punches and he walked right through them.

Came here to say this.

The thing is JDS' striking offense is so overwhelming, people tend not to acknowledge that his defense isn't that great.

Even Mir caught him a few times

Came here to say this.

The thing is JDS' striking offense is so overwhelming, people tend not to acknowledge that his defense isn't that great.

Even Mir caught him a few times

I agree, but Junior does have good footwork too.

Gilbert Yvel tagged JDS pretty much flush on the jaw during their fight, JDS didn't budge.

I'm pretty sure Nelson, Carwin and CC all landed shots significant enough for us to be able to declare his chin tested. I

he hasnt been hit by a haymaker yet so will see

he hasnt been hit by a haymaker yet so will see
You sure?
20100104012231_IMG_0619.jpg

1000w.jpg

Carwin, Yvel, Nelson, and Cro Cop hit him with very hard shots and he didn't even flinch.

I'd say his chin is just fine.

I swear Cro Cop had his legs wobbly from a straight left but nothing too bad

He has a very solid chin.

Until he tastes the Uberknee.

He took a few Nelson overhands.
He actually had a couple of cuts at the end of the fight.

He took a few Nelson overhands.
He actually had a couple of cuts at the end of the fight.

Well yeah but only 20 significant strikes in the 15 mins. Actually could probably catch these fights on youtube nowadays

Back