Has JDS' chin ever been tested?

He said Carwin hit him and he got dizzy, you can see it in their fight, I don't remember what round or when but he gets hit and stumbles into the fence, Carwin was already exhausted when this happened so I think it was round 3. Still though, his chin is very good, maybe better than most. Only Mark Hunt and Nelson have a better chin.

Not sure if Cain will KO him, he has the power to do it but playing the striking game with JDS is dangerous for anyone. Cain's strategy will definitely be takedown>gnp>TKO finish.

He has said CroCop remains his most difficult fight to date

I know one thing: he didn't like being tagged by Cro Cop and avoided going for the finish vs Nelson & Carwin. JDS clearly doesn't fancy being tested which is fair enough.

You sure?
20100104012231_IMG_0619.jpg

1000w.jpg

Ah my favorite part of Sherdog, when ignorance is shot down with hard evidence. hahahaha

I believe Cro Cop and Nelson hit him with a few good shots.

Every decent striker he faced had hit him flush at some point.

Yes. He's been in there with some of the heaviest hitters @HW and taken a few shots over the course of his 10 fight win streak.

His chin is solid.

Yeah, like everyone else said Cro Cop landed about 5 powerful strights and they didn't phase him.

Ah my favorite part of Sherdog, when ignorance is shot down with hard evidence. hahahaha

worst part of sherdog is when people keep responding only to the first page

Cant think of a fight where JDS has taken a big shot before? Usually he smashes them quick but when he does go into the 3rd round he has dominated in both offence and defence- Nelson landing about 40, Carwin 20 and Crocop 20 (these were fightmetric I didnt rewatch the fights). I am not saying it would be suspect but its all contenders from here on out...

Roy Nelson landed a few bombs in the 3rd round of their fight. That's the only time I can remember even seeing him backpedal from punches. Man, that fight was so freaking horrible. Worst fight I can remember. That card had Leben/Akiyama on it, which is one of my favorite fights ever, too.

worst part of sherdog is when people keep responding only to the first page

I'd say my least favorite part is the wolves who rip apart threads that actually have promise.

Don't worry guys, Cain is going to test JDS's chin, cardio and ground game as well giving us an opportunity to see how JDS responds to not having a post-fight win bonus.

Cain by gassing JDS through repeated takedowns, round 1. You heard it here.

Just looking at him you have a feeling he will have a good chin, don't know why.

Carwin, Yvel, Nelson, and Cro Cop hit him with very hard shots and he didn't even flinch.

I'd say his chin is just fine.

Yea people don't seem to have good memories or don't pay much attention but JDS has been hit with some really good punches, he just has a very good chin.

Its easy to say he has never had his chin tested when he has never been KO'd but he has taken some big shots. He is in the heavyweight division everybody throws with big power.

He has shown a solid chin so far.

The thing is at HW, nearly everyone has the power to put someone out if they land right. Even freaks like Hunt and Nelson can be hurt, and their chin's are incredible.

Back