Social Has integration in Canada worked? Or is everyone just pretending?

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
At my place of work, I can’t help but notice similar ethnicities hanging out together at lunch. They speak whatever their native language is together. This applies to over half a dozen groups. It’s almost to the point an outside observer would think mandatory segregation is in place.

So…my question is do you think the mixing of ethnicities has really work? Are people actually as open to hanging out and getting to know people different from themselves than they were 30 years ago?

I don’t think they are. I think integration has failed. This isn’t to say people refuse to try, or won’t try because they’re racist. It’s just a question of comfort and almost lack of imagination.

There has been a political push in Canada for a cultural mosaic for perhaps over a hundred years, and the scenarios you describe would be considered a success of cultural mosaic (Immigrants preserve their culture in their new country, Canada).

You see a failure of integration because the integration is not of the melting pot (People migrate to a new place and relinquish the culture of their old home in favor of the culture of their new home) style.

I don’t know about how Canada works but I do know that they have crazy immigration rates, it would be unreasonable to expect people from totally different cultures & languages to not be like that.

You’d really have to wait and see how the 2nd generation mixes and matches

There has been a political push in Canada for a cultural mosaic for perhaps over a hundred years, and the scenarios you describe would be considered a success of cultural mosaic (Immigrants preserve their culture in their new country, Canada).

You see a failure of integration because the integration is not of the melting pot (People migrate to a new place and relinquish the culture of their old home in favor of the culture of their new home) style.

This is how things have always been in NYC. We have all sorts of ethnic clubs for various groups. Pretty much everyone identifies as a nationality other than American.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of a melting pot. It takes time and relies on the reality that people of different etnicites will eventually mix and give up their old identity even if they initially don't want to. The melting pot is a centurys long process. The first generation usually doesn't do any "melting" at all.

Also culturally the old culture is merged into the new one not abandoned.

At my place of work, I can’t help but notice similar ethnicities hanging out together at lunch. They speak whatever their native language is together. This applies to over half a dozen groups. It’s almost to the point an outside observer would think mandatory segregation is in place.

So…my question is do you think the mixing of ethnicities has really work? Are people actually as open to hanging out and getting to know people different from themselves than they were 30 years ago?

I don’t think they are. I think integration has failed. This isn’t to say people refuse to try, or won’t try because they’re racist. It’s just a question of comfort and almost lack of imagination.

What is your place of work?

Working out well in Europe etc. Personally I like it except when its been weoponised, like now AND when the immigration is from countries that hold zero connection to the values and ideals that made the new country great.

I once wanted to live in Canada but fuck that shit, same for most of Europe. First time in my life I'd choose America over my own and other Commonwealth counties.

Ask a pom immigrant how their home country is now? Every single one I ask in Australia now says the same, fucked

Last edited:
Working out well in Europe etc. Personally I like it except when its been weoponised, like now AND when the immigration is from countries that hold zero connection to the values and ideals that made the new country great.

I once wanted to live in Canada but fuck that shit, sane for most of Europe. First time in my life I'd choose America over my own and other Commonwealth counties.

Ask a pom immigrant how their home country is now? Every single one I ask in Australia now says the same, fucked
I agree with this, it really depends on the groups migrating, and where they migrate too. It always amazes me how in Europe, you have all these muslim cultures moving to non muslim countries. Why don't the Muslim countries take them in? You would avoid things that France and Sweden are dealing with. Or Africans migrating to Germany...is that really an easy mesh? In small numbers anything can work, but massive migration is different.

Let's be honest, you would say there wasn't an issue even if there was. You are a head in the sand guy.
That's a pretty dishonest thing to say, particularly when you start the sentence with let's be honest.

I think the question itself is stupid as fuck and you can gather from there what I think your comment says about you.

I agree with this, it really depends on the groups migrating, and where they migrate too. It always amazes me how in Europe, you have all these muslim cultures moving to non muslim countries. Why don't the Muslim countries take them in? You would avoid things that France and Sweden are dealing with. Or Africans migrating to Germany...is that really an easy mesh? In small numbers anything can work, but massive migration is different.

Exactly. In Australia its the same but it's not just us but all the Commonwealth/western countries are under attack and I mean that literally not figuratively. It's been weoponised and there are the physical aspects alongside the destabilising effects

Bit off topic but ties in-

Look at the US border, thats been planned for decades and if America doesn't wake up they'll be fucked. Russian and Chinese military age men streaming across the border and disappearing, not the ragged desperate you'd expect from legitimate refugees but solid hard looking men. Throw in the drug runners and career criminals from the cartels and you have a recipe for chaos AND a legitimate reason for martial law which is what always happens when the authoritarians turn to dictatorship.

Soro's is a cunt and he's not alone in funding all these NGOs, people like that only invest in something where theres gain. Money isn't the actual currency, power is and it takes very little effort to see the entire picture.

Personally I like walking past different peoples and customs in Australia, what I don't like is when these cunts cannot respect the values of the country they move to. If you don't like the country move to one that share your values i.e. hard core Muslim move to Indonesia or the middle east.
They don't because their values and beliefs have fucked the country they have left and the countries that follow the same rules they have zero rights.

Europe is a tinder box but the US is close behind, I'm still considering immigrating to the USA because they have rights set in stone and the passion to fight for their beliefs.

That's a pretty dishonest thing to say, particularly when you start the sentence with let's be honest.

I think the question itself is stupid as fuck and you can gather from there what I think your comment says about you.

Hows the blouse? try not to run off from this thread instead of answering......

This is how things have always been in NYC. We have all sorts of ethnic clubs for various groups. Pretty much everyone identifies as a nationality other than American.

I think you are misunderstanding the concept of a melting pot. It takes time and relies on the reality that people of different etnicites will eventually mix and give up their old identity even if they initially don't want to. The melting pot is a centurys long process. The first generation usually doesn't do any "melting" at all.

Also culturally the old culture is merged into the new one not abandoned.
The end result will be a Brazil-esque society.

I've met a lot of immigrants and I don't think "integration" is the most important factor at the moment. It's selection. The immigrants that adjust well do so because they were already well-adjusted, smart people in the first place. Even after being in Canada for only a short period of time, you can tell immediately that they'll never be a problem and if anything a benefit to society.

Similarly, the "problem" immigrants are immediately noticeable as well. They occur because they got in through an immigration lottery (that's a thing) and they didn't meet the criteria of the point system, they did meet the criteria but the criteria isn't perfect and it let someone in that shouldn't have been let in, or they're the result of chain migration - one member of the family gets in, and they manage to import the unsavoury members of their family. Ideally chain-migration would be stopped and the point system criteria would be made even more stringent than it is now, but the Canadian gov. is immune to reason so there's no point talking about it.

Back