• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has GSP even claimed that he’s never used PED’S?

He sure does know a lot about PED's for a fighter supposedly not using them or ever taking them. I'm going to ignore that though because GSP is a legend who I like.

A few facts about GSP and PEDs:
  • GSP started WADA certified anti-doping testing in early 2013 before anyone else in the UFC except for Roy "Big Country" Nelson as far as I can tell. Source

• GSP quit the sport in large part because the UFC refused to implement testing. Source

• GSP continued being tested after "retiring" and then joined the USADA pool a full year and a half ago. Source

• Despite allegations that GSP's body is suspicious no medical authority has ever agreed to that claim. The only people who have made that claim are anonymous "experts" on forums online, BJ Penn and Nick Diaz. Both fighters did so after one-sided losses to GSP (including a humiliating TKO by corner stoppage for Penn). Source

• GSP's body has remained pretty much identical since the beginning of his career. You can find footage of him in the Canadian Fighting Championship and compare it to this day. The only major changes have come since he's started doing gymnastic and then the changes have been minor and throughout these changes he's been under WADA level testing with USADA AND with VADA. source

• As it stands, GSP is the fighter with the oldest blood samples collected on UFC roster. These samples are still retested as per WADA protocol using the best and newest ISTI methodologies for finding new drugs that might have been undetectable the first time. Using these methods WADA labs can go back as far as ten years in the past for example. source

• In the last 5 years, GSP has been out of testing for only half a year in the middle of his retirement. [Addendum: I've not found conclusive proof that GSP ever left the VADA testing pool during his retirement], as such:

• Overall throughout the span of his career, GSP remains the longest tested fighter in the UFC.

• Overall throughout the span of his career, GSP remains one of the longest continuously tested without interruption fighter in MMA history.
Therefor, based solely on PROVEN FACTS and the preponderance of probabilities, GSP is the PROVEN cleanest athlete in the sport.

Common claims/rebuttals:
GSP is afraid of USADA / NSAC testing and using VADA instead because their less reliable and he controls when he's tested

• The NSAC does not follow or conduct WADA level testing: it's testing is objectively less rigorous than USADA or VADA testing.

• As per WADA guidelines, VADA conducts random testing and monitors fighter's movements.

• VADA uses in many cases the same WADA certified labs as USADA to conduct WADA level testing. The samples are at the same place, only the shipping labels and client agencies receiving the results change.

• VADA still offers objectively superior testing methodology to USADA. A known loophole in USADA testing is jurisdiction issues. The U.S. anti-doping agency (USADA) only has jurisdiction over the US. For other countries they must liaison with the local agency. As you can imagine this can be problematic (countries that hate the US, regions without a sister agency, cost of travelling to remote areas, etc.). VADA on the other hand has no issues finding athletes "hiding" abroad to dodge random tests since they send their own people and bill the athlete for every expense incurred during the testing process afterwards.
GSP has a HGH gut, TRT tits, Steroid shoulders and lats, etc.
If you look at GSP when he was starting out in the Canadian Fighting Championship, his physique was essentially the same as it is now. Shoulders, tits and gut included. Over a decade of fighting has aged him, he's no longer as cut and his shift from weightlifting to bodyweight fitness and gymnastics has changed his shape a bit, but he has not undergone any major physical change like most fighters on PEDs do at one point in their career (TRTVitor, Fitch, Bigg Rigg, Uberreem, Powerlifting Jones, etc.) or shown anything but a natural downward curve in his speed, cardio and endurance over the years.

Maybe he started early? When he was starting out, he lived in his parent's unfinished basement in what's essentially a backwater farming community. He spoke little to no English and he drove a rusted Pontiac Firebird every weekend to New York from his village to train BJJ and stayed in shitty youth hostels. He paid his BJJ tuition with rolls of change and worked part time as a garbage man and a club bouncer will studying full time at University. GSP was broke as fuck.

Up until his second fight in the UFC, GSP's fight career was a hobby according to most interviews he gave in the CFC and a bit later. He did Karate and dabbled in Jiu-jitsu, but he had yet to seriously study wrestling, join a real camp or make any kind of real money. At that point you have to ask yourself wwhy the hell would he spend what little money he has on designer PEDs instead of coaches, training, equipment or just plain gas and food at that point in his "career"? Occam's razor...

Then to now, GSP has aged a bit and has slowed down, but physically he's stayed virtually identical. Most of his recent wins have come through ringcraft, technical striking and smart ground work: all means that point to an experienced mind rather than an unnatural physique.

VADA is GSP's puppet/ favours him because he pays them/ uses GSP for promo so are biased.
Everyone who joins the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency "pays" them. That's how it works.

VADA has showcased on their website frontpage the portrait of EVERY SINGLE PRO ATHLETE that joins their program since their inception.

BJ Penn (one of the people behind the doping claims around GSP) and Big Country Nelson (the longest continuously tested without interruption fighter in MMA history). both have as much screen space dedicated to them as GSP...

These are actual facts unless you are a shertard that believes some jpeg screenshots that have no context prove your point as per the posters above.

What’s his dick look like

“The eye test is the proof”....lol Sherdog will never cease to amaze me. And Romero got suspended for pissing hot, that’s not the case with GSP.

Your “eye test “ means jack shit. You can’t tarnish a career just like that.
The "eye test" is what idiots say when they have no proof. It's about as valid as claiming psychic powers.

Have some respect for your betters.
tenor.gif

I think he talked a lot about cleaning up the sport, and he genuinely meant it.

He wanted stricter Drug testing and was supportive of USADA.

I believe he was clean for the latter half of his career, throughout his title reign.

When he spoke on the Joe Rogan Podcast he talked about how he hated PEDS and didn’t want to be forced to take them to compete and ruin his life and retirement and old age, and the negative effects they have had on friends of his.

I believe that GSP, Pre USADA used PEDs but didn’t want to become addicted or dependant on them, which is why he pushed to clean up the sport.

I don’t think he’s ever come out and said “I have never used PED’S”
He didn't use PEDs, your deductive work is interesting though

Last warning.

You didn't read the post you dismissed, and you are parroting bullshit pseudoscience to bash a legend. You don't have a clue what you are talking about, but you still have an opinion.

We are done here, and in the future you should provide sources, not opinions. PED accusations without proof are bottom of the barrel bullshit.

Drop it.
Thought so, no response to what I wrote except insults. You guys are like flat earthers, no point trying to change someones mind when they arent open to logic or smart enough to understand facts, but its fun to stir up the hornets nest. Have fun in fantasy land where GSP and all the other bodybuilders are clean because they havnt popped yet. lmao

Aries you’re a good poster but come on, this guy falsely accuses Hendricks of using steroids here. Hendricks has never tested positive.
True, but his decline in performance after USADA was pretty suspicious. He was a completely different, much worse fighter.

GSP came back and was still in champion form. I don't claim to know what supplements GSP did or didn't use, but I do know that he never tested positive. Accusing a legend with a spotless testing record of cheating is pretty weak IMO.

Thought so, no response to what I wrote except insults. You guys are like flat earthers, no point trying to change someones mind when they arent open to logic or smart enough to understand facts, but its fun to stir up the hornets nest. Have fun in fantasy land where GSP and all the other bodybuilders are clean because they havnt popped yet. lmao
I wasn't insulting you, I was pointing out that your accusations are not based on fact. You didn't post any facts, proof, or logic. You posted conjecture and opinion.

You would know if I was insulting you. Shooting the shit on Sherdog is all well and good, but fighter bashing is fucking pathetic, and until this thread I thought you were better than that.

Good day sir.

Last edited:
I think he talked a lot about cleaning up the sport, and he genuinely meant it.

He wanted stricter Drug testing and was supportive of USADA.

I believe he was clean for the latter half of his career, throughout his title reign.

When he spoke on the Joe Rogan Podcast he talked about how he hated PEDS and didn’t want to be forced to take them to compete and ruin his life and retirement and old age, and the negative effects they have had on friends of his.

I believe that GSP, Pre USADA used PEDs but didn’t want to become addicted or dependant on them, which is why he pushed to clean up the sport.

I don’t think he’s ever come out and said “I have never used PED’S”

He said it around Penn/Florian because Penn was accusing him of PEDS. Iirc he says something like "i am not on PEDS anti drugs of all sorts". Can't find the interview tho

Gsp haters are so ridiculous. All they have is one gif, over an entire career. Problem is whatever guy they support has losses that are just as bad, and more of them.

Unless you go with Jones. But Jones is a proven cheater. So in order to put Jones above gsp they feel like they have to prove gsp was on peds too. Sorry, only your guy got popped

<mma1>

GSP has basically always looked exactly like this, pre/post USADA

Sure... Lol. You don't have a body like that when he admitted himself he eats alot of mcdonald's and junk food.

He's said it many times.

1) UFC 158 pre-fight press conference:
The doping issue was raised when Nick Diaz and GSP got involved in a verbal exchange.

"I'm not on steroids," said St-Pierre. "I've never cheated in my life."

2) GSP said in a Maclean's article dated September 27, 2010 (Maclean's is the Canadian version of TIME magazine) "“I’ve never taken steroids in my life.”

3) "Believe me or not, I never took drugs in my life. I’ll take a lie detector test, I don’t care." - GSP
mmaweekly, dated August 24, 2014

And on and on.

But he cheated with grease gate... Against the rules..

True, but his decline in performance after USADA was pretty suspicious. He was a completely different, much worse fighter.

GSP came back and was still in champion form. I don't claim to know what supplements GSP did or didn't use, but I do know that he never tested positive. Accusing a legend with a spotless testing record of cheating is pretty weak IMO.

“We are done here, and in the future you should provide sources, not opinions. PED accusations without proof are bottom of the barrel bullshit.”

unless it’s Hendricks right?

Back