Has fighter hate on Sherdog made you...

Like...for an example...I bag on Tito Ortiz alot,he is a very easy guy to make fun of,but at the end of the day,the guy is not a pussy,hes a really tough dude and tries his best out there....and the same is true for most fighters...I cant "hate" that. I know there are people who think differently,but I cant relate. Hate is a strong emotion that i try to avoid for the most part. It's baggage. Also i train and i am friends of people who have pro fights...i know what its like for them to lose. they take it hard,even if its on an amateur level. So i have a degree of respect for what it takes to go out there and put it on the line. I thought even though ronda was outclassed,she showed bravery by constantly coming foward. At no time did she run away or tried to avoid the fight. No one talks about that,which is the most important thing. They still call her a bully even though she showed she wasnt. Her entire career is overlooked because she hasnt fought since then and because they dont want to discuss anything that would paint her in a positive light.
I like to bag on Tito too. But I actually met him and he was super nice. And people forget that he was dominating at one point.

Ronda has definitley done some things that make people dislike her..but I definitley dont find the level of hatred towards her acceptable. These people have reacted to the hype machine hook line and sinker. It goes way beyond wanting someone taken down a peg,they are completley incapable of thinking or speaking rationally about her. She lost,she got embarassed and knocked out but thats isnt enough and now literally anything she says or does is twisted. She admitted she had suicidal thoughts and thats immediatley dismissed as a ploy for attention. I think this is reprehensible behavior. Enough is enough. I dont mind people not liking her,but I feel like IQs have dropped sharply,and negativity has skyrocketed in a big circle jerk for "likes." Its got nothing to do with fighting anymore.
Seriously you can't even discuss Ronda on here it's honestly pathetic.

Every thread about her or someone making a logical defense of her gets spammed with the same gif of her getting KO'd, it stopped being funny like a month after the fight.

It also reeks of people being butthurt that she didn't become "irrelevant" like they thought she would as she's still clearly the most famous women's fighter doing movies, press, etc.

The only other fighter I've seen as illogically bashed is Brendan Schuab, who despite having a positive UFC record and being at the top 1% of the sport is treated like a scrub by everyone in the Heavies.

I like to bag on Tito too. But I actually met him and he was super nice. And people forget that he was dominating at one point.
He was very courageous in the 2nd Liddel fight. he lost but its my fav fight of his.

He was very courageous in the 2nd Liddel fight. he lost but its my fav fight of his.
What is amazing is that, even after his reign was over, he kept getting better. His boxing was looking pretty good, but he just didn't have power. And by then, the game had passed him by.

You know the thing is these guys are not only fighters but sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, and people, generally sometimes life isn't fair, but to have your ordeals and tribulation played out for public consumption would suck. I enjoy my annonymity while rembering what got me to where I'm at today and it wasn't always an easy road. I imagine being a pro fighter would be significantly more difficult and all the while being under public scrutiny, to me that says something about somebody that I can respect.

What is amazing is that, even after his reign was over, he kept getting better. His boxing was looking pretty good, but he just didn't have power. And by then, the game had passed him by.

He Damn near tapped machida as well.

I don't look at the fighters differently. I would say I look at the fans differently, but this unwarranted hate is not really anything new. It's just that the MMA stars are bigger now, so the hate also increases in volume and intensity.

I think I only hate Jon Jones for who he is outside the cage but I won't miss any of his fights. Ronda's easy to hate but I like her bad attitude. I'm a fan but im not sure she can beat the top girls in that div after so much time off.

A lot of fighters get emotional over their losses. If im not wrong, a girl cried last ufc fight night and holm looked really sad. Its their job, if they dont go good at it, they will lose sponsorship. Also, they train hard for months, they cut weight, sometimes have to train somewhere far from family just for a fight. Many people here think twice before approuching a woman because they fear being rejected, now imagine if you spent months preparing for a fight, you lose and then a lot of people are saying you should retire, youre trash and etc. People should learn how to behave on the internet and if you behave like that in real life, i have bad news for you.

Fighters don't get enough hate here imo. Up until recently we couldn't call them by their rightful names "cans".

The fun of Sherdog is in the comments. I look at it two ways: One is the competition aspect where fighters have to put themselves out there with the possibility of being destroyed. Their antics outside the cage are also fun in that it gives them personality and make them seem just like us. The other aspect is the shitstorm coming from the haters, the shoops, the conspiracies, the nuthugging.. those shit alone is what keeps MMA alive imo

Ronda Rousey entertained the hell out of me while she was fighting. I watch MMA to be entertained. Not to make pretend friends with the fighters. Tony Ferguson said some fucked up shit on TUF so I could never like him as much as I like a guy like Lauzon but there's no doubt that Ferguson is entertaining as hell and I love watching him fight.

The constant bashing of certain fighters gets real old. Especially since the fighters who get bashed the most are usually some of the most exciting ones.

Some of the hate here is bizarre. I totally get people hating on Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey. There is a lot to not like about them. But then you get people hating on GSP. Really? GSP? GSP is a good guy and was a great champion. Yet some people on here portray him as a cheating, roided up gay coward. So weird. When I see stuff like that it tells me more about the poster than the fighter.

I thought you got dubs for calling fighters here.

I did when I said something along the lines of Frank Shamrock looking like a primate.

Back