Has fighter hate on Sherdog made you...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Benoitthegr8, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Benoitthegr8

Benoitthegr8 Bum Life Practitioner Platinum Member

Really look at the fighters differently, their motives, the act that comes along with being a top fighter, and the pressure there is to perform? There are a few fighters I really have disdain for, but I really sometimes get disgusted at seeing the unneeded bashing that goes on here, especially in the UFC forum. What do you guys think, is the hate we see really unessecarilly bad or am I becoming a pansy in my age?

2. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

its just the nature of anonymous and completley irresponsible amplification of what they might feel and/or mixed with herd mentality of the loser. A loser who gets nothing out of real life and has no friends wants a pat on the back from the E-community by posting some stuff that everyone else says,like saying some disrespectful stuff about a fighter who falls from grace. Personally I dont "hate" any fighters,i just like some more than others. I think it gets out of hand on here on a daily basis.

3. Benoitthegr8

Agreed, glad to see there are still some logical posters who through cognitive thought process can come to a conclusion that isn't driven by negative emotions.

HHJ likes this.
  4. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

Some hate is unwarranted (like hate against Fedor) but some hate is perfectly warranted and acceptable (like against Ronda).

5. Aegon Spengler

Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Well half the fun of internet forums comes from reading people's unhinged opinions

If everyone wrote like a reporter we'd have better discussions but probably less views and hits

6. HHJ

Ronda has definitley done some things that make people dislike her..but I definitley dont find the level of hatred towards her acceptable. These people have reacted to the hype machine hook line and sinker. It goes way beyond wanting someone taken down a peg,they are completley incapable of thinking or speaking rationally about her. She lost,she got embarassed and knocked out but thats isnt enough and now literally anything she says or does is twisted. She admitted she had suicidal thoughts and thats immediatley dismissed as a ploy for attention. I think this is reprehensible behavior. Enough is enough. I dont mind people not liking her,but I feel like IQs have dropped sharply,and negativity has skyrocketed in a big circle jerk for "likes." Its got nothing to do with fighting anymore.

grimkitty, Gavster, Iroh and 5 others like this.
  7. Benoitthegr8

Some of the Rhonda hate is warranted, but the Holm loss was the event that took it to another level. The woman obviously has some mental health issues and that isn't something IMO to poke fun at, I hope she can get her act together and make a return.

sh1tehawke likes this.
  8. HHJ

Like...for an example...I bag on Tito Ortiz alot,he is a very easy guy to make fun of,but at the end of the day,the guy is not a pussy,hes a really tough dude and tries his best out there....and the same is true for most fighters...I cant "hate" that. I know there are people who think differently,but I cant relate. Hate is a strong emotion that i try to avoid for the most part. It's baggage. Also i train and i am friends of people who have pro fights...i know what its like for them to lose. they take it hard,even if its on an amateur level. So i have a degree of respect for what it takes to go out there and put it on the line. I thought even though ronda was outclassed,she showed bravery by constantly coming foward. At no time did she run away or tried to avoid the fight. No one talks about that,which is the most important thing. They still call her a bully even though she showed she wasnt. Her entire career is overlooked because she hasnt fought since then and because they dont want to discuss anything that would paint her in a positive light.

9. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

I dont care if people hate me so why the freak am I gonna sit here stressing off what a buncha people I dont know think about some other dude I dont know whos probably an asshole in real life anyways
    Thats dickrider shit, that aint me

HHJ likes this.
  10. HHJ

Its symbolic of our struggle against oppression brother!

[​IMG]

Pliny Pete likes this.
  11. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I think it's just ALLLLL the shit she talked throughout her career leading up to that night, and her whole disgusting attitude and revolting personality caused a lot of people to go into a frenzy when she lost. It felt fucking good to see her go out like that, and I wont pretend to be above it. If she had been a humble person I could totally respect her after the loss and move on. But with who she is, I have zero sympathy for her, her loss, the way she lost, her pain, or how anyone treats her post-loss. She deserved every ounce of it IMO. The fact that she's STILL getting massive hate is all the better. It really doesn't bother me.

Looking at it like that, I can agree. Let's say she comes back a more humble and respectful person and fighter, I will absolutely support her and may even cheer for her. But if she comes back the exact same awful person, I can't help but continue to look down on her. Basically, the way I see it, it's all relative to the way she holds herself. If she's the same, then may the hate continue! But if she's changed, then the hate should stop.

dije1 likes this.
  12. georgekillian

georgekillian Purple Belt

I find repugnant when people call professional fighters "fake fighters" that to me is so juvenile and stupid it should be an autoban.

Bald1 and HHJ like this.
  13. HHJ

btw i read that in Bobby the brains voice. Id love to see bobby actually say "thats dickrider shit"

Pliny Pete likes this.
  14. EJAXXX

EJAXXX "Not Bad for an Old Man" Platinum Member

Ahh u hate Ronda too, nice

15. HHJ

Someone gotta like her! ehehe
    I feel like hype got out of control and it brought out some bad side of her,but i think she also did some good too,and I tried not to let hype dicate how i really feel,regardless of wether i agreed with the hype or not.

16. tru3f4n

tru3f4n Red Belt

Back around '03 or '04 I left Sherdog because I thought the fighter bashing/hate was bad and went to a website called Subfighter fast forward to now it seems about the same but I've gotten use to it. Some fighters bring it on themselves and even though I'm a Jon Jones fan the guy is acting like an idiot outside on the Octagon I can understand people hating on him. Then there is fighters like Sage who gets hated on and I don't understand it not his fault he UFC wants to pay him more.

HHJ likes this.
  17. FadeLess

FadeLess Red Belt

Its cool to read some of your elaborate , thoughtful and eloquent posts ... sometimes i wish i could be eloquent like that but im not .... im just gonna say that haters are generaly loosers who enjoy the demise of people who actually achieved something in life , in order to feel better with theyre own ignorance and insignificance.

HHJ likes this.
  18. HHJ

its true. People with no expectations in life who have no goals or accomplishments generally feel threatened by hard work and those who have worked hard to get somewhere,and it makes them feel better to see them brought down.

FadeLess likes this.
  19. Gref

Gref Scumdog Platinum Member

As @HHJ said, give some one anonymity and a platform to voice their opinion and you'll come across some vile shit. Personally I think it's great. Dumb motherfuckers will out themselves for the backwards thinking retards they are and you can just move on from there.

That's not to say I don't think it's fair to bash someone, who happens to be a fighter, based on how they conduct themselves outside the realm of fighting. Warmachine comes to mind. Fuck that guy.

20. HHJ

I did have compassion for him,considering his father died in front of him,and he attempted to resucitate him with mouth to mouth and he failed..that must have had a bad effect on him. You can tell on the show he had alot of confidence issues,and he tries to overcompensate it by being an "alpha male"

In the end though the fuckin dude could just not stay out of trouble.