Why do some.of you still post on Sherdog if you're not an MMA fan anymore?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of you guys post in the Mayberry and the war room but I never see you guys in the heavies. I take that to mean that you aren't really an MMA fan anymore which is fine enough but I'm just curious why do you continue to post on an MMA forum if you're not really a fan of the sport anymore? By the way not criticizing at all just really curious is all

Because I post in the Mayberry and the Sports Bar and the Pro Wrestling Forum and the War Room and occasionally in the Support forums, Im supposed to give all that up just cause I dont wanna watch cage fighting?
I'll never do that!

tenor.gif

Because I post in the Mayberry and the Sports Bar and the Pro Wrestling Forum and the War Room and occasionally in the Support forums, Im supposed to give all that up just cause I dont wanna watch cage fighting?
I'll never do that!

tenor.gif

This.

I think Im more likely to post in the NFL playoffs or the eventual Olympics/ World cup thread than in the heavies.

I joined Sherdog because friends in real life weren't as into MMA as I was. Then DFW and the UFC and Reebok etc. did just about everything they could to make me lose interest until they finally succeeded for the most part. Stumbled into this area of the site and I don't really remember how exactly but the Maydogz are worth chilling with. I still keep up a bit with MMA but once they went full Conor, full money fights, full Reebok kit, full manipulated rankings and title shots, full once in human history Ronda etc. it just became not as worth the effort to stay up to date as before.

Last edited:
I always thought it was weird that people posted here that weren’t into MMA anymore, but it’s starting to happen to me. MMA is just not that interesting to me anymore, but there are cool peeps here to talk with (or debate with) about all sorts of topics.

I’m still following MMA, and I get excited about cards that I consider to be good cards—it’s just that those are getting fewer and farther between.

Edit: since OP mentioned the War Room, I’ll add that I’ve been interested in politics and followed it closely since I was a kid. This past year, a lot of crazy shit happened in US politics, and I found politics way more interesting in 2023 than MMA was.

The ESPN+ deal killed my interest in MMA overnight.

Now I have to have a shitty subscription to a service I don't want just so I can have the privilege of ordering PPV's at full price?

I can afford it, but it was just insulting.

But I still post here because I like the people.

U ever been in the heavies ??? Bunch of neck beards complaining about people more successful than they are…

The last mma fight I watched was Joanna vs Chinese girl … haven’t really been interested , not even sure who half of them are anymore … I’d watch Tate vs rousey or if Brock or gsp came back but even the ufc 300 card as of right now I have no interest .,. But this a good place to talk about everything else non guys in underwear north southing

I mostly stay for the berry. I'll occasionally check news in the heavies or read and post if I'm watching one of the rare cards I watch still. I don't hate MMA, I just don't have the time to watch every event and I don't know abut 90% of the roster anymore. Still try to stream big events that I'm interested in.

I still lurk the heavies and follow MMA. Rarely post there anymore though.

Back