Has anyone had an easier run to the belt then Israel?

Keep hearing this guy is the real deal and he could challenge Jones eventually. A lot of people often say Conor had a super easy run to the title

But has anyone had an easier stretch then Israel? He beat a 2 borderline top 10 guys in Brunson and 2019 Anderson and now Gastelum.. Vs Gastelum and Silva he looked far from convincing.. he almost got koed by Gastelum.

That's another thing I don't even know how Gastelum was rated so highly.. he lost to Wiedman and scraped a win vs Jacare.. I mean do people really put great stock in him koing Bisping.. a week after he'd been elbowed into an oblivion and subbed by GSP?

Just boggles my mind Dana and others calling this guy a star.. he's in a division with Romero.. Wiedman.. Rockhold.. Jacare.. Costa.. Whitakker and not faced any of them

We as fight fans have to adjust to the era that we are witnessing.
The UFC built its empire on the best fighting the best. This means no padding of records, no ducking, no hiding.

While Brock Lesnar was the first UFC athlete to be gifted a title shot, Conor Mac ushered in an entire era of personality and trash talk overshadowing in the cage performance.

The era we're watching now is that if you're entertaining enough in and out of the cage, you control the narrative.

At UFC 236, the UFC is telling us that Adesanya is so popular, that we will create a situation to give him a belt.

Today's fight game doesn't reward the guy who works their way up.
People have quickly forgotten that 2 months ago, Dustin was asking for his release from the UFC.

beating the GOAT of your weight division is an easy path? lol okay conor casual detected

how about khabib got a title shot against a one legged real estate agent

Back