Has anyone had an easier run to the belt then Israel?

snootylol

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Keep hearing this guy is the real deal and he could challenge Jones eventually. A lot of people often say Conor had a super easy run to the title

But has anyone had an easier stretch then Israel? He beat a 2 borderline top 10 guys in Brunson and 2019 Anderson and now Gastelum.. Vs Gastelum and Silva he looked far from convincing.. he almost got koed by Gastelum.

That's another thing I don't even know how Gastelum was rated so highly.. he lost to Wiedman and scraped a win vs Jacare.. I mean do people really put great stock in him koing Bisping.. a week after he'd been elbowed into an oblivion and subbed by GSP?

Just boggles my mind Dana and others calling this guy a star.. he's in a division with Romero.. Wiedman.. Rockhold.. Jacare.. Costa.. Whitakker and not faced any of them

Conor lost 2x to Nate and was given a title shot at LW.

Brock, his only UFC win was Herring who was on an uneventful 2-2 UFC run.

giphy.gif

Usman had a pretty easy run to the belt since his only ranked wins were against fighters who already lost to King Colby

Conor lost 2x to Nate and was given a title shot at LW.

He was 1-1. No way Nate won that second fight. But yeah, Conor's "run" at LW is probably the easiest ever.

Adesanya rose quickly but he showed enough in every fight to justify it imo. The cream rises to the top.

Man fuck off adesanya took 6 fights in 14 months. What’s the point of being a champion if you have already knocked out all of the top 5 before the belt, who would defend against at that point

It's interim title so he will have a hard fight trying to unify the title. Bobby Knuckles was someone that I never thought was really good but he really impressed me with his Yoel fights.

How did Nate win the rematch?
Conor didn’t have a lightweight run to the title he had a run at featherweight then a super fight at lightweight
Conor beat #5 #10 #1 and the champ

Israel beat a gatekeeper
A guy who hadn’t won in years and was 43 and off steroids
He then beat Gastelum who is a very good win
Nobody had a easier run

Edit: Lesnar had a short run

by your own example, you could plug in any of those you mentioned ... oh he beat X fighter (who had a loss to Y fighter)
so, it is what it is

hopefully Robert gets healthy and cleans out the division so we have a clearer picture

Usman had a pretty easy run to the belt since his only ranked wins were against fighters who already lost to King Colby

But there's one big difference in their respective UFC runs:

december-2015-colby-covington-right-tapsout-to-a-guillotine-choke-by-picture-id542514286

Chael Sonnen had the easiest route to his shot at the LHW title...

Beat Stann, beat Bisping, lost to Silva..then got a TS!

Dustin Porier just won the LW title by beating a FW whos never competed at 155.
Dustin isnt even in the top 5.

Back