Has anyone had an easier run to the belt then Israel?

Keep hearing this guy is the real deal and he could challenge Jones eventually. A lot of people often say Conor had a super easy run to the title

But has anyone had an easier stretch then Israel? He beat a 2 borderline top 10 guys in Brunson and 2019 Anderson and now Gastelum.. Vs Gastelum and Silva he looked far from convincing.. he almost got koed by Gastelum.

That's another thing I don't even know how Gastelum was rated so highly.. he lost to Wiedman and scraped a win vs Jacare.. I mean do people really put great stock in him koing Bisping.. a week after he'd been elbowed into an oblivion and subbed by GSP?

Just boggles my mind Dana and others calling this guy a star.. he's in a division with Romero.. Wiedman.. Rockhold.. Jacare.. Costa.. Whitakker and not faced any of them

Tyron Woodley. He got his TS by complaning and got robbie after 3 WARS back to back.

Anderson Silva only had to beat Chris Leben.

Just realized the irony, his first UFC win was against the Chris and his first UFC loss was against the Chris

DC vs Miocic II in August.

I'm a big Stipe fan, but this will reward him for poor behavior. The idea that champs deserve rematches of fights they lost because they were champs needs to be killed, imo. It makes a mess of every division. Immediate rematches of title fights should be restricted to draws and certain situations involving DQs or NCs. Combat sports is king of the hill. Once you aren't on top anymore, you've got to work yourself back up.

Nothing beats some former scrub 1-1 coming into the UFC from the easy Japanese mma circuit and getting a title shot after beating a human punching bag called Chris leban

giphy.gif

I’m no Brock fan..but damn, that’s a big dude.

I don't know about easier, but Ben Askren is about 2 fights away from a title shot. That would mean a total of 4 fights to become UFC champion. I'm starting to think UFC is not that deep in talent

DC vs Miocic II in August.
I would've liked to see stipe take one fight first (being the way he lost title) but on board for DC-Stipe 2 MILES ahead of that creampuff Lesnar getting his arse kicked in a circus fight that's not deserved and I'll, unbelievably, watch tons of people pay for (not I unless swing fight and co main are ridiculous- only way)

Gastelum is not an easy fight for anyone

Anthony Pettis was fed strikers and got the title after losing to Guida. Egregious

Kelvin is legit. But I agree his other wins are mediocre at best.

Now he has to face guys like Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, Jacare etc. They would all give him big issues.

Usman had a pretty easy run to the belt since his only ranked wins were against fighters who already lost to King Colby
9 fight win streak is easy? In the deepest division nonetheless fuck outta here

Gus earned a title shot with DC by Getting destroyed by Rumble in his home country and cried on live tv.........can’t get any easier than that

Back