Has anyone ever outstruck Conor McGregor ?

Mendes didn't out strike him but he definitely found his chin more times than I'm sure Conor prefered. If RDA does the same Conor it could very well spell trouble McGruber.

Don't pretend Holloway wasn't already a good striker, that's dishonest. He's improved but he was already good.

He was good, but he wasn't top ten material back then. Holding that 22 year old version of Holloway in the same vain as Aldo and Mendes is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Conor besmirched Poirier in 1 round and people are saying he outstruck Conor ?

Those are either trolls or complete fucking retards.
Can't deny the points I'm reading from everyone. However, the punch that dropped Poirier was behind the ear, nothing wrong with that, it happens but the follow up hammerfists to the back off the head were jumpsuit.

He was good, but he wasn't top ten material back then. Holding that 22 year old version of Holloway in the same vain as Aldo and Mendes is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.
That's more than a stretch, Holleay was not at that level back then. But the original statement was that Conor has only fought two good strikers - Mendes and Aldo. That's false. Holloway was a good striker back then. Poirier is a good striker. Not amazing, sure. But defintely good.

Green childlike holloway.

Mature Holloway wasn't impressive in his last 2 or 3. Looked scared to engage against Sthepen.

Conor vs any Holloway is a KO or domination.

Can't deny the points I'm reading from everyone. However, the punch that dropped Poirier was behind the ear, nothing wrong with that, it happens but the follow up hammerfists to the back off the head were jumpsuit.

Conor already rocked Poirier way before the finish.

Responding to TS, no ever come close of doing that. Mendes was who did better than anyone against him, but still was getting out struck and it was not close, was hurt several times in the first round.

Not saying Conor isn't an amazing striker, but many people have been undefeated until they lost... The same goes with striking.

You are joking right??

i'm not joking.

the fight was short but watch it again. the very 1st punch Brimage throws lands. and he keeps landing all the while ducking Conor's left cross that Conor continually tried to counter with. after getting countered about 4-5 times by Brimage Conor then switches the left cross counter out for the left uppercut and that's when Brimage gets destroyed because all he knows how to do is duck.

i'm not joking.

the fight was short but watch it again. the very 1st punch Brimage throws lands. and he keeps landing all the while ducking Conor's left cross that Conor continually tried to counter with. after getting countered about 4-5 times by Brimage Conor then switches the left cross counter out for the left uppercut and that's when Brimage gets destroyed because all he knows how to do is duck.
You're really reaching here

Well no, rewatch it and pay more attention

DY6A02tfcp0je.gif

mcgregorfrontkick.gif

2j3l0f9.jpg

mcgregorcounterpunch.gif

mcgregorexchange1.gif

mcgregor-knockout.gif

brimage landed 1 or 2 okay right hands that yeah, did nothing.

and none of those left crosses did anything either. it was more than 1 or 2 right hands. Brimage landed a right hook right in the beginning of the fight. he then landed several counter overhand lefts and a huge right hand while Conor was backing up right before Conor started connecting with his left uppercut. everything that Conor did had almost no effect on Brimage except those left uppercuts.

if you're not going to count Brimage's strikes because they "seemed" to do nothing, we shouldn't count any of Conor's left crosses or kicks either since Brimage took those shots pretty easily.

You're really reaching here

i guess if the truth is reaching. just because you win the fight doesn't mean you were winning the entirety of the fight. Brimage was landing the bigger shots until the left uppercut, even if Brimage's shots didn't rock Conor. Conor landed a couple kicks and kept sliding off Brimage with his left cross, the uppercut though destroyed Brimage.

the TS asked who outstruck Conor and Brimage was the only person i saw in the UFC that landed some decent strikes on Conor.

i'm not implying Conor sucks, or Brimage is a great striker, but for whatever reasons that day Brimage was connecting on Conor more cleanly than Conor was connecting on him before he got rocked off that left uppercut.

you should actually take my description of the fight as a good thing for Conor and not like i'm trying to shit on him. simply because the only evidence that can be found of Conor being outstruck is in a fight he won by 1st rd KO and only a fraction of the fight is where the other guy actually was winning.

listen to Kenny Florian as he commentates that fight, even he acknowledges that Brimage is landing the bigger, cleaner shots, halfway through the fight.

i guess if the truth is reaching. just because you win the fight doesn't mean you were winning the entirety of the fight. Brimage was landing the bigger shots until the left uppercut, even if Brimage's shots didn't rock Conor. Conor landed a couple kicks and kept sliding off Brimage with his left cross, the uppercut though destroyed Brimage.

the TS asked who outstruck Conor and Brimage was the only person i saw in the UFC that landed some decent strikes on Conor.

i'm not implying Conor sucks, or Brimage is a great striker, but for whatever reasons that day Brimage was connecting on Conor more cleanly than Conor was connecting on him before he got rocked off that left uppercut.
I watched the fight multiple times I remember Brimmage landing 1-2 glazing shots but that is it. I think Florians commentary made you see things that weren't there. He got knocked out within 45 seconds so this is a really stupid argument anyway

I did.....but he'd had a late night and I've got 30lbs on him

I watched the fight multiple times I remember Brimmage landing 1-2 glazing shots but that is it. I think Florians commentary made you see things that weren't there. He got knocked out within 45 seconds so this is a really stupid argument anyway

i already saw Brimage land the punches before Florian said anything. also, how can i be influenced by Florian's commentating when the entire time Florian and Goldberg is talking about how great Conor is?

i think the people who only think that the punches Brimage was landing were a "couple of grazing shots" are the ones who were influenced by how much the commentating team talked Conor's striking up. even after the fight Florian talks about how big the shots were that Conor took.

He was scared to trade with Holloway so he turned into gsp.

Back