• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Has a male fighter ever been dropped and stopped by a weaker punch than Malkouns jab against Petroski?

People here have clearly never taken a shot to the temple here. You shut down even from minor shots.

The Volkan KO gif is definitely the weakest I've seen but that's also a equilibrium shot. It doesn't make much.

6om68s.gif

kinda sus
I've landed this one in sparring ( w/o understanding what it'd do) like 25 years ago since I'm old.
It was such a light shot that when my sparring partner went straight down I genuinely thought that he was just F'ing with me.

He was basically completely fine/coherent, we exchanged a few words with him looking right at me not confused or anything; but he couldn't stand up immediately.
Dude was a bit bigger and stronger than me; and always able to take a hard shot.

TLDR: Behind the ear hits differently.
Petroski wasn't knocked out by a punch though. He KO'd him self because when he shot for the takedown he failed to get his head to the side and jammed his head/neck hard as hell. Weird KO for sure. Can't really remember anyone KOing them selves like that before either lol

While it's different, it kinda sounds like he Maynarded himself.

A 34 y/o non martial artist who Jake Pauled his first few fights which were likely either had matchmaking so heavily skewed to favor him (or were flat out fixed) fighting against a 29 y/o martial artist who'd faced legit top competition.

Petroski wasn't knocked out by a punch though. He KO'd him self because when he shot for the takedown he failed to get his head to the side and jammed his head/neck hard as hell. Weird KO for sure. Can't really remember anyone KOing them selves like that before either lol
Not quite the same but Maynard KOd himself on the mat on a power double against Rob Emerson.

Lutter actually didn't even land the punch against Eastman, but the power from the chi generated by Michael Jordan of BJJ was enough to flatline Marvin

It was reported that Marvin came into this fight with some knockout concussion from training camp so maybe his brain just shut down from the perceived landed punch

"but the power from the chi generated by Michael Jordan of BJJ was enough to flatline Marvin"

Okay this made me laugh way too hard lmao Probably the high point of my day

Great Australian hip bone is what scrambled his eggs.

We Aussies are just built different. That weak, frail, american chin never stood a chance.

That's my guess as well. Not saying that he took a massive shot to his granite chin, but it's always funny seeing a bunch of people who have never been in a fight in their life analyse fight clips and criticise a fighter's heart, chin.

That's my guess as well. Not saying that he took a massive shot to his granite chin, but it's always funny seeing a bunch of people who have never been in a fight in their life analyse fight clips and criticise a fighter's heart, chin.

Exactly.

And those same couch critics would be in the morgue right now if they'd been the ones to smack their domes on Malkoun's Great Aussie hip bone.

Petroski's lucky to be alive right now.

I guess it makes sense he rammed himself into his hip, I just can't recall anyone doing that in a fight before. They've KO'd themselves landing a takedown or run into a limb, but never seen a hip be enough to KO the guy. It was bizarre even with the slow motion. Don't think it was rigged though.

Has to have one of the worst chins in UFC. Thats an awkward spot to land and can mess up equilibrium but bro was in Sea World for minutes. Many thought it was a fix and didnt know WTF happened. Wiki still lists win as a soccer kick to the body lmao

It was not a jab, it was him hitting his head on the guys thigh. They showed it at a different angle.

Back