"Hardcore MMA fans" don't like Ronda NOW because she has become the face of MMA

MMA isn't like Baseball or Football. Long time fans have had to eat shit because this sport was looked at as barbaric, etc. by most people.

So yeah, some of us are a little bitter that RR is held up in such high regard by the mainstream because she's a woman while pioneers like Fedor are ignored.

Typical! Jon Jones as a prospect on the Under card doing crazy Spinning Elbows and tossing Matt Bonner around the Octagon was loved but after he beat Rua and became champion, it was all downhill with the fans after that lol Now people will start to root against her. Maybe it just makes the sport interesting when you build someone up and then hope they fan lol I never been a fan of hers but she is earning my respect

Just like BisexualMMA said, once they got more exposure and we got to see and hear more of them outside the cage is about the same time we started disliking them.

Notice how fighters like Werdum and Aldo have the opposite happen? It's because they are pretty cool guys on top of being great fighters.

Once you've been a fan of the sport for awhile, you'll realize the "hardcore" fans are infinitely more obnoxious and delusional than the new casuals. They will intentionally go out of their way to separate their beliefs from anything casuals enjoy. It's hilarious. They can't be associated with something mainstream, so they cling to a less popular stance that differentiates them from the casuals- the most common of these is nut hugging old Pride legends that most casuals don't know much about.

The Brock hate was another, casuals loved Brock. The "hardcore" base tried desperately to talk down his accomplishments.

The newest is the RR hate. I love it.

I dislike her personality, she seems like a spiteful and vengeful person. She seems immature and takes every single thing said to her very personally. If anyone said anything to her, she has zero sportsmanship after the fight.

I dislike that the UFC and all media literally shoves her down my throat with 10+ articles a day about how she's the greatest.

I dislike that she's touted as the greatest fighter in the world because she's fighting mediocre figthers in MMA. I get it, she's a good fighter, but I could be a great fighter if I were facing 5 year olds...

No, its not her fault her competition is horrible, but it is the fault of everyone saying how she can beat men and that she's the #1 p4p fighter in the world because of how she's beating people who do not equal her in skill.

I dislike that her exposure is taking away from the fighters who go out there and face extremely dangerous opponents. So many people talking about RR and her fight, then saying that the other fights on the card were "fights you really dont pay attention to" until the main event comes around.

I dislike the fact that she wont fight cyborg. She talks a big game, but she wont accept to fight her biggest challenge to prove she's worth all the fuss that everyone makes about her 24/7. Yeah yeah, steroids, cheater, blah blah. Who cares, as long as she tests clean before the fight, why cant the "best fighter in the world" "capable of beating up men" fight a woman 5lbs heavier.

Plenty of fighters went up in weight to challenge themselves, and I respect that. RR won't go up 5 lbs and continues to beat up the same shallow pool of "fighters" to pad her record and retire undefeated.

I also truly hate her fans. Spewing stupid crap all day long. Talking about how steroid Cyborg is a disgrace, yet they still support plenty of fighters who got caught for PED's at some point in their career. Hypocrites making excuses as to why RR can't fight her only challenge still out there.

It's so boring watching her fight amateurs in the most unskilled division, yet everyone loves her for it. She's the least impressive champion and by the time that the skill of WMMA catches up, she'll be gone, but talked about as the GOAT.

Ahahhahah the butthurt.

Literally shoving down your throat huh? Look up what the word means. And no one is forcing you to read anything about her. Seeing an article and not clicking it really messes up your day that much?

And I'm fucking laughing my ass off at the "taking attention away" from other fighters. It reeks of jealousy and pettiness, ironically qualities you claim to hate, to dislike someone for being so much more famous than someone else. It's sad that you think somehow someone else deserves her success.

I can't speak for every fan but I do know that no one is worried about Cyborg. She's been running since day one and will likely never make weight so she can keep an absurd sterioid advantage. It doesn't bother me that she won't accommodate a cheater much in the same way that GSP never did Anderson. And sure, tell yourself whatever you need to but I don't support any steroid user and have advocated a lifetime ban on the first offense for anyone. So if you want to make shit up about people to help justify you pathetic haterade feel free, just be aware of your own delusion.

This is a sad post. I genuinely feel bad for you because she isn't going anywhere and your feelings mean jack diddly.

they are bitter and angry people. so its natural for them to hate someone so successful.

Once you've been a fan of the sport for awhile, you'll realize the "hardcore" fans are infinitely more obnoxious and delusional than the new casuals. They will intentionally go out of their way to separate their beliefs from anything casuals enjoy. It's hilarious. They can't be associated with something mainstream, so they cling to a less popular stance that differentiates them from the casuals- the most common of these is nut hugging old Pride legends that most casuals don't know much about.

The Brock hate was another, casuals loved Brock. The "hardcore" base tried desperately to talk down his accomplishments.

I don't hate Ronda but I can also seperate the hype from the reality.

If you can't see how gross the marketing machine is for certain athletes, musicians, actors, etc then I feel sorry for you.

I think many dislike her fans, more than Ronda herself...:icon_lol:

Conor fans (at least) get pulled into the character that Conor has become.

Ronda on the other hand is whiteknighted so badly that it has become an exercise of futility to discuss anything with them.

MMA isn't like Baseball or Football. Long time fans have had to eat shit because this sport was looked at as barbaric, etc. by most people.

So yeah, some of us are a little bitter that RR is held up in such high regard by the mainstream because she's a woman while pioneers like Fedor are ignored.

This,

People around the world whining because MMA is barbaric, but the second there is a fighter they can push towards their agenda all of the sudden it's great, the sport is great, she's a top ATHLETE in the world, not just a barbaric fighter.

It's fucking irritating.

I don't personally have much of a problem because it is bringing people to MMA but I just don't see why a lot of the other fighters don't get recognition like this, considering how much more talent they have. But whatever. #yesallwomen #genderequality lol

Just like BisexualMMA said, once they got more exposure and we got to see and hear more of them outside the cage is about the same time we started disliking them.

Notice how fighters like Werdum and Aldo have the opposite happen? It's because they are pretty cool guys on top of being great fighters.

True! Maybe it is just an American thing with the American Fanbase and how they are towards American fighters. It is kinda weird though. While these other guys like GSP, McGregor and the Brazilian guys, they have a far more loyal fanbase because their entire country gets behind them while in American, it is the opposite. We love you on the way to the top then start to hate you once to reach the top and the Casuals start jumping on the Bandwagon then just to shut the Casual Fans up we start hoping that fighter lose

Many of my friends who don't even care about sports can't stop talking about Ronda Rousey.

I don't dislike her but I hate that everyone's favorite mixed martial artist is a really terrible example of good MMA fighting skills. People are falling in love with a low form of the actual thing.

True! Maybe it is just an American thing with the American Fanbase and how they are towards American fighters. It is kinda weird though. While these other guys like GSP, McGregor and the Brazilian guys, they have a far more loyal fanbase because their entire country gets behind them while in American, it is the opposite. We love you on the way to the top then start to hate you once to reach the top and the Casuals start jumping on the Bandwagon then just to shut the Casual Fans up we start hoping that fighter lose

I don't know if it's even nationality though. I like Weidman and Lawler and Cerrone and other fighters because they come off as likable and real in their interviews. If they say or do dumb sh*t then they usually own up to it or take the ass-beating in the cage. Maybe once we see Ronda Rowdy or Jon Bones lose in the cage, the hate would subside a bit.

Many of my friends who don't even care about sports can't stop talking about Ronda Rousey.

I don't dislike her but I hate that everyone's favorite mixed martial artist is a really terrible example of good MMA fighting skills. People are falling in love with a low form of the actual thing.

It's like this with everything. I think the best things I've done in the past few years are cancel my cable, stop watching/reading news (regularly) and refuse to join Facebook.

When you go back to any of those things after being away from them for so long the advertising, media hype, trending, comments, etc almost make you physically ill.

#hermit4lyfe

I was about to make a similar post, then I read yours and realized you said it much better then I could.

I agree completely.

I liked her when she was working her way up the ranks in Strikeforce, etc. But in retrospect, I think that was because I was only watching her fights and never had to hear her speak.

Same, I liked her around the time she was on the Rogan podcast as well.

Sorry to TS if I don't care for petty and classless human beings.

It's not that I don't like Ronda, it's just the constant sycophantic fawning about her that I can't stand.

Ronda isn't the face of Mma. Conor is. Ronda is just what non Mma fans like

I don't hate Ronda, I just think it's bullshit that she gets this kind of mainstream attention for being attractive and destroying a very shallow talent pool.

Most of my friends don't even watch MMA on a regular basis don't shut up about Ronda. They know almost nothing about MMA or even Ronda herself, but because of this internet age group mentality phenomenon, everyone loves jumping on the popular bandwagon

I don't know if it's even nationality though. I like Weidman and Lawler and Cerrone and other fighters because they come off as likable and real in their interviews. If they say or do dumb sh*t then they usually own up to it or take the ass-beating in the cage. Maybe once we see Ronda Rowdy or Jon Bones lose in the cage, the hate would subside a bit.

i actually think weidman is pretty unlikable

here lately, he is either saying some weird jesus shit or shitting on other fighters

i actually think weidman is pretty unlikable

here lately, he is either saying some weird jesus shit or shitting on other fighters

This. When he's busy not fighting that is.

Back