"Hardcore MMA fans" don't like Ronda NOW because she has become the face of MMA

Reading the threads there is a hint of misogynist losers as well, sadly.

Ronda's not just winning in a sport where some losers fantasize about, but she's a woman, an attractive, completely unattainable women.

lol, a hint? You've been here long enough to remember the epic amounts of butthurt her coming into the UFC generated. There were tons of posters howling about how women don't belong in the sport and WNBA and blah blah blah. Someone's already gone through the thread and removed the "women ruin everything" comment(s) posted. It's nothing new.

Just like 2013, this forum means dick in the real world and her success is not predicated by what people on here say. Fuck, this is the only place I ever hear something negative about her anyway. The UPS guy, people at the bank, random co-workers, when they asked about my weekend and I told them about the event not a single one didn't know who she was or had something positive to say about her. She's growing into a MMA icon and a bunch of troglodytes who stream most of the events anyway bitch about it at every given opportunity.

lol, a hint? You've been here long enough to remember the epic amounts of butthurt her coming into the UFC generated. There were tons of posters howling about how women don't belong in the sport and WNBA and blah blah blah. Someone's already gone through the thread and removed the "women ruin everything" comment(s) posted. It's nothing new.

Just like 2013, this forum means dick in the real world and her success is not predicated by what people on here say. Fuck, this is the only place I ever hear something negative about her anyway. The UPS guy, people at the bank, random co-workers, when they asked about my weekend and I told them about the event not a single one didn't know who she was or had something positive to say about her. She's growing into a MMA icon and a bunch of troglodytes who stream most of the events anyway bitch about it at every given opportunity.

"Fuck, this is the only place I ever hear something negative about her anyway."

Thats the truth.
The positive media/online attention shes getting is overwhelming.

I just hate Ronda because she is a female tool bag, and her "angry" face is laughable.

I think a new reason a lot of people don't like Ronda NOW is because she has become the most popular MMA fighter in the world. She has transcended the sport and has started to make it into Hollywood movies. All of this with less than 15 fights to her name. That's just impressive as hell no matter which way you look at it.

I also think a reason A LOT of people don't like her is because she has become the face of MMA. Yes guys, to the mainstream audience the face of MMA is a blonde, 5'6ish, white woman. This is true and just about everyone knows Ronda now. Hell she was LOVED in Brazil when facing a Brazilian. That says a ton right there.

She is also a woman and is a very good fighter at that. This has become a major part in why she is so loved now. She went into a sport dominated by men and came up as the biggest star there is. THIS is one of the reasons why she is so popular. A lot of people may think it's dumb, but its a proven point. THIS is also one of the reasons many people don't like her IMO.

Now I don't think she's the next coming of Christ and don't believe half the shit Rogan/Dana say about her. Hell I'm not even really a fan. I'm more of a Tate man myself lol, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Ronda is an amazing fighter, supremely talented, and has mainstream appeal.

It takes A LOT more than fame to impress me. In MMA fame is a thing I care the least about.

Ronda impresses me in the cage with her wins, but she is a girl. So it's not a big deal to me.

It pisses me off when she is hyped like she really is something amazing and supernatural.

She is the GOAT 135 pound female fighter and that is it. Her personality should be ignored though, but is somehow even liked. WTF is up with that?

Rhonda has a very ugly personality, if roles were reversed and Gina carano was the face of mma I would have no problem. Than again Gina probably wouldn't be talking about fighting mayweather/cain etc. every other interview and therefore not getting as popular.

"You just beat the female equivalent of Fred Ettish. Here's your Noble Peace Prize, ESPY, Greatest of All Time Title &......A Purple Heart....What if anything surprised you?"

"How, like totally awesome I am!!!"

"It's been an honor to call that sloppy, 1994-esque performance...in 2015!"

"Hardcore"fans stop being fans whenever anything becomes popular. They never were really fans.

Ronda Rowdy is the face of MMA for all the wrong reasons. At least Gina was fine as f*ck. Listening to the UFC sell Ronda Rowdy as this demigod is why hardcore fans don't like her.

"Ronda is the face of MMA for all the wrong reasons"
"At least Gina was fine as f*ck"

Just like BisexualMMA said, once they got more exposure and we got to see and hear more of them outside the cage is about the same time we started disliking them.

Notice how fighters like Werdum and Aldo have the opposite happen? It's because they are pretty cool guys on top of being great fighters.

aldo is one of the most hated fighters on this forum

i love how people say ronda is ducking cyborg when ufc had cyborg under contract in strikeforce merger and she requested out of her contract instead of fighting rousey

all she has to do is drop to 135 which has been asked of her by the ufc since 2013

only one holding this fight back is cyborg

"Fans" always hate dominant champs. Mighty Mouse, Cruz, Silva, Jones, GSP, Rousey. It's the "cool" thing to do.

I never even disliked any of them, but Ronda is hard to stomach, her personality and her over hyping.

Once you've been a fan of the sport for awhile, you'll realize the "hardcore" fans are infinitely more obnoxious and delusional than the new casuals. They will intentionally go out of their way to separate their beliefs from anything casuals enjoy. It's hilarious. They can't be associated with something mainstream, so they cling to a less popular stance that differentiates them from the casuals- the most common of these is nut hugging old Pride legends that most casuals don't know much about.

The Brock hate was another, casuals loved Brock. The "hardcore" base tried desperately to talk down his accomplishments.

The newest is the RR hate. I love it.

This post is sig worthy. It sums up the hardcore dorks perfectly.:)

When she fights actual high-level opponents like the men have, maybe she will get some respect. She's been given cans her entire career because the UFC cares about $$$$, not making great fights...it's why I won't pay for a PPV anymore.

hardcore fans dont matter and most of them suck.

Just look at some of hte responses in here.

if UFC listened to hardcore fans the sport would be dead.

I'm cool with it. For once, women of all sorts are eager to talk MMA.

I dislike her personality, she seems like a spiteful and vengeful person. She seems immature and takes every single thing said to her very personally. If anyone said anything to her, she has zero sportsmanship after the fight.

I dislike that the UFC and all media literally shoves her down my throat with 10+ articles a day about how she's the greatest.

I dislike that she's touted as the greatest fighter in the world because she's fighting mediocre figthers in MMA. I get it, she's a good fighter, but I could be a great fighter if I were facing 5 year olds...

No, its not her fault her competition is horrible, but it is the fault of everyone saying how she can beat men and that she's the #1 p4p fighter in the world because of how she's beating people who do not equal her in skill.

I dislike that her exposure is taking away from the fighters who go out there and face extremely dangerous opponents. So many people talking about RR and her fight, then saying that the other fights on the card were "fights you really dont pay attention to" until the main event comes around.

I dislike the fact that she wont fight cyborg. She talks a big game, but she wont accept to fight her biggest challenge to prove she's worth all the fuss that everyone makes about her 24/7. Yeah yeah, steroids, cheater, blah blah. Who cares, as long as she tests clean before the fight, why cant the "best fighter in the world" "capable of beating up men" fight a woman 5lbs heavier.

Plenty of fighters went up in weight to challenge themselves, and I respect that. RR won't go up 5 lbs and continues to beat up the same shallow pool of "fighters" to pad her record and retire undefeated.

I also truly hate her fans. Spewing stupid crap all day long. Talking about how steroid Cyborg is a disgrace, yet they still support plenty of fighters who got caught for PED's at some point in their career. Hypocrites making excuses as to why RR can't fight her only challenge still out there.

It's so boring watching her fight amateurs in the most unskilled division, yet everyone loves her for it. She's the least impressive champion and by the time that the skill of WMMA catches up, she'll be gone, but talked about as the GOAT.

I agree with all of this 100%

Good post.

Back