"Hardcore MMA fans" don't like Ronda NOW because she has become the face of MMA

Nezahualcoyotl

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think a new reason a lot of people don't like Ronda NOW is because she has become the most popular MMA fighter in the world. She has transcended the sport and has started to make it into Hollywood movies. All of this with less than 15 fights to her name. That's just impressive as hell no matter which way you look at it.

I also think a reason A LOT of people don't like her is because she has become the face of MMA. Yes guys, to the mainstream audience the face of MMA is a blonde, 5'6ish, white woman. This is true and just about everyone knows Ronda now. Hell she was LOVED in Brazil when facing a Brazilian. That says a ton right there.

She is also a woman and is a very good fighter at that. This has become a major part in why she is so loved now. She went into a sport dominated by men and came up as the biggest star there is. THIS is one of the reasons why she is so popular. A lot of people may think it's dumb, but its a proven point. THIS is also one of the reasons many people don't like her IMO.

Now I don't think she's the next coming of Christ and don't believe half the shit Rogan/Dana say about her. Hell I'm not even really a fan. I'm more of a Tate man myself lol, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Ronda is an amazing fighter, supremely talented, and has mainstream appeal.

Ronda Rowdy is the face of MMA for all the wrong reasons. At least Gina was fine as f*ck. Listening to the UFC sell Ronda Rowdy as this demigod is why hardcore fans don't like her.

my issue is the people claiming things like "she could beat most male fighters, shes should be #1 on p4p list, shes the most dominant athlete, etc."

There is a point there, but a lot disliked her before she became this popular.
I think the shertard type hardcores (lets be real, outside of SD, the world is different) are mad that they were proven wrong.
I think the success of Conor & more-so Ronda really bothers the so-called experts that thought they would fail.
Some are classy enough to admit it & some go to the extremes that Dana is paying off Dave Meltzer to report higher numbers lol

The intelligent members stand out

She's nothing but a fad. Fads tends to go away...

UFC_Undisputed_2010_cover.jpg

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike her that go beyond jealousy or bitterness

Ronda Rowdy is the face of MMA for all the wrong reasons. At least Gina was fine as f*ck. Listening to the UFC sell Ronda Rowdy as this demigod is why hardcore fans don't like her.

Because being hot is the right reason ?

"Hardcore MMA fan".. is this one of those joe rogan's mythical creatures

You can't deny her place as the best women's MMA fighter in the world right now but the biggest problem I have isn't really with her I guess but the way the major media has jumped on the bandwagon. I understand all the reason's why they would want to do so, but its just that I think when guys like GSP, Anderson, Aldo and Jones were cleaning out their divisions they should have gotten the same kind of acknowledgement and recognition as superior athletes. While those guys victories weren't as quick they were just as dominant. Along comes a pretty white girl and suddenly everybody takes notice and wants in on the action.

Mma always goes through fads. UFC 1-5 fad, Japanese Bob Sapp fad, Griffin/Rampage/Evans fad, Lesnar fad, and now Rousey fad

There is a point there, but a lot disliked her before she became this popular.
I think the shertard type hardcores (lets be real, outside of SD, the world is different) are mad that they were proven wrong.
I think the success of Conor & more-so Ronda really bothers the so-called experts that thought they would fail.
Some are classy enough to admit it & some go to the extremes that Dana is paying off Dave Meltzer to report higher numbers lol

The intelligent members stand out

I completely agree.

I think a lot of people now are gonna be MMA hipsters about it saying, "oh I disliked Ronda before anyone even knew about her."

Haha this is very true. Some people will just use any explanation to believe what they want to believe.

Isn't that what you guys were saying back in 2013?

Nobody knew who the heck she was till last year when she made a couple of D-List movies.

The Brock hype was unreal back in the day. There were serious threads about him retiring with the belt, entering and winning ADCC, etc.

People want to feel like theyre witnessing something new but its really not. Ronda has to do tons of press and media appearances to gather attention, Brock secluded himself from cameras and the exposure was still unreal.

Shit on the real fighters

Because being hot is the right reason ?

She was also undefeated except to Cyborg and humbler and not the emotionally troubled psychotic that Ronda appears to be. She was the face of women's MMA even after losing to Cyborg. Too bad Ronda is ducking that fight so she can safely stay as the current face of women's MMA.

Why can't people just not like her because she's annoying? why does there have to be some big hidden meaning behind it?.. She's annoying.. And all the BS Zuffa is cramming down are throats is even more annoying! Not as annoying as her mother, though! That's an entire other level of annoying!.. Did I say annoying enough??..

Nobody knew who the heck she was till last year when she made a couple of D-List movies.

The Brock hype was unreal back in the day. There were serious threads about him retiring with the belt, entering and winning ADCC, etc.

People want to feel like theyre witnessing something new but its really not. Ronda has to do tons of press and media appearances to gather attention, Brock secluded himself from cameras and the exposure was still unreal.

Brock was more known than the entire UFC before he began fighting, The op was referring to hardcore fans not mainstream casual fans and she had been on the cover of magazines like maxim espn and sports illustrated before she appeared in movies. She wasn't the mainstream star she is no but she was known in the sports world

Back