Weight: 200lbs

Current PRs -
Squat: 225lbs
Bench: 125lbs
Deadlift: 275lbs
Press: 90lbs
BOR: 125lbs

Goals -
Stop lifting like a girl. Lose my back fat. Get stronger. Fuck more bitches.

Current Program -
I've just come off a three week break from the Stronglifts.com 5x5. I put six weeks into that to get to these numbers. I'm a big pussy but, not for long. Basically every lift I do is a PR so I won't update those each workout just from time to time.

Workout -
Squat: 165lbs 5x5
Bench: 100lbs 5x5
BOR: 100lbs 5x5

It was nice to be back in the gym. The same stupid people are still there.

Music -
The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

Workout -
Squat: 175lbs 5x5
DL: 205lbs 1x5
OHP: 70lbs 5x5
Chinups: 1x7

I'm such a pussy. Keep lifting.

Music -
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

Woah, good to see you start a log. I was going to ask you how it was going, but now I know.

Workout -

Squat: 185lbs 2x5
Bench: 105lbs 5x5
BOR: 105lbs 5x5
DL: 275lbs 1x5
Chinups: 2x5

I actually saw someone else doing oly lifts at the gym today. He was using the squat rack so I got bored waiting for him to get done and set at PR in DLs today. Unfortunately it ruined me for squats once the guy finished. I told the guy that I was happy to see someone else doing oly lifts there and he said he had just said the same thing to someone before I came in who was using the rack before him. Maybe the times are changing. I doubt it.

Music -
White Zombie - Super Sexy Swingin' Sounds

I don't know who all read this but I need some help eating. Monday and Wednesday I've got class from 9am until 2:30 straight through. I don't have access to a fridge or a microwave.

I eat 2 or 3 eggs and a shake and some oatmeal in the morning before class then eat again when I get home.

I feel like I should be eating in the middle time though. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it. What do you guys think?

Sandwiches and almonds.

^^Ding! Get some whole grain bread and throw turkey or chicken breast on it, and almonds are full of healthy fats and will keep you satiated for a long time.

You could blend together a shake in advance. Here is one I'm going to start trying today:

2 scoops whey + 2 servings of oatmeal + 2 servings of peanut butter

Around 60ish grams of protein and 1000 calories.

Should be good. :icon_chee

Awesome thanks guys.

Do you eat plain almonds or salted. I know the smoked ones aren't as good for you.

Workout -
Squat: 185lbs 5x5
DL: 245lbs 1x5
OHP: 75lbs 5x5

WOW I've been squatting all wrong. I went back over the squat check list and man what an improvement today. My hips are actually feeling it instead of my butt and lower back.

Music -
Bone Thugs 'N Harmony - E. 1999 Eternal

Workout -
Squat: 190lbs 1x5
Bench: 110lbs 5x5
BOR: 110lbs 5x5

Scary day at the gym today. I've never felt real pain before when I was lifting until my squats today. I got past my first set but after the second squat in my second set I couldn't keep it up. Sharp pain on the outsides of my hips. I knew I was feeling stiff today so I spent longer than normal warming up but I knew it wasn't getting me lose so I figured I would go into the lift. Bad Idea. I'm going to get some extra fish oil in me today and do some stretching before Saturday.

I bet if you ask the staff at the gym you go to, they would be cool about taping you man. I have seen it done at the gym I go to, they just get a little pissed off when it is the same guy asking over and over. Give it a shot though man.

Have you been squatting for a long time? If you haven't been squatting for a while, then lack of hip flexibility could have caused the pain you had. Have you done the "squat flexibility test" on the following website:

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/FlexFunction/DeepSquat.html

Keep in mind these questions are being asked by a total noob and I suck at squatting. I thought I would get that out there before Barut or ChaseT. jumped on my :D.

I'm back from basically the dead. Unlike some of the other law students on this forum who can take finals, write papers and participate in strong men events, I needed to take some time off. In addition to all of that I had some pretty sharp pain in my hips the last time i squatted.

I'm going to start off in my garage and do some sandbag work. I'm going to set my macbook up and make a few videos over the next few days so you guys can help me with my form. I appreciate all your help and look forward to getting back to lifting.

Workout -
Squat: 155lbs 5x5
Bench: 95lbs 5x5
OHP: 65lbs 5x5

It is good to be back. I should have BOR today instead of OHP. I guess that just shows how long it has been. I'm fucking dead right now. I filmed a squat form check in my garage this morning. I'll have it up soon.

Back