Hapkido

Hey Blackbelt now, I dont really think wrestling is the best street MA per se(I have a very short grappling history, but Ive been around wrestlers my whole life...Ive seen them in action :D)....but I do agree that it is one of the key staples to being a good fighter all around.

To the Hapkido guys who are getting upset, I wouldnt bother guys...let people think what they want...is it really hurting you?

I dont see why it has to be such a big deal on either side of the spectrum.

Also, just because Hapkido is Korean and Aikido is Japanese doesnt mean they cant be based off of one another...I dont really know, I never looked into Hapkido...but just because they are different nationalities, doesnt mean they dont borrow off eachother, or even that one sprang from another.

blackbeltnow= pay 1000$ get ur hapkido blackbelt now. :rolleyes: ur so behind a lot of ppl hate mcdojos, and i'm one of them. and believe me...my name is true.

why won't you answer my questoin masterless? tell me one fight where hapkido beat a good fighter? u still havne't commented on gracie vs hapkido master fight.

Even your name is a lie. You definetly dont have a blackbelt in any style, you show no honor, intelligence, or respect. The things that make a true blackbelt.
hahahahhaa u swear i'm a blackbelt in BJJ?? (u can't get blackbelts in MT or wrestling. ppl think ur good only if you ARE good) there are only 200 BJJ blackbelts in the world!!! ur an idiot. how many hapkido blackbelts are there! hahaha can the figure even fit in a calculator without using exponentials hahaha.

Originally posted by masterless

I forgot I was trying to explain myself to a wrestler who has time to post 1400 times.

i posted 1400 thru the 3 years i visited dumb fuck. 1400, as a rate, is how many hapkido blackbelts are given in the US per second ;)

Originally posted by Malachi
""listen no offence to any one who does this hapkido stuff but it's obviously derived from aikido.""

the rest of your post was right but this is bullshit, aikido is japanese hapkido is korean.

thats illogical reasoning. whatever u said doesn't mean he's wrong...BJJ was derived from JJJ, yet BJJ is bralizian and JJJ is japanese...

i'mnot saying he's correct, i'm just saying ur reasoning isn't just.

Originally posted by Malachi

the rest of your post was right but this is bullshit, aikido is japanese hapkido is korean.
and your point? the founder of hapkido had exposure to daito ryu early in his ma career. do you think the dynamic sphere similarities are coincidental? aw come on!

hapkido is most useful as self defense, it is not a style many people use to go and fight in the ring.

Hapkido has little to do with Aikido other then the wrist locks that are found in most styles of Japanese Jiu jitsu. Aikido is a lot like tai chi but you get a partner. I use to roll with an Aikido guy who liked ground fighting. He would always try pressure points and wrist locks...useless stuff. Has anyone here been sub by a wrist lock? I'm not saying it can't happen, I've just never seen it happen.

Originally posted by Shaolin X
Well rounded doesnt mean shit to me.

well rounded? if you're not well rounded we've all seen what happens in UFC. everyone thought that it was all about stand up. then bam. rude awakening.

Originally posted by Kimura Fan
He would always try pressure points and wrist locks...useless stuff. Has anyone here been sub by a wrist lock? I'm not saying it can't happen, I've just never seen it happen.

wrist locks on the ground are definately a useful TOOL. i have done them and have had them done on me.

Wrist locks hurt...but for the life of me I cant get one to work the first time....intricate things like that, to me, they dont seem economical in a real street fight....especially against a big motherfucker.....you have to be in just the correct position, and there isnt much time to adjust.....things like chokes and armbars, much easier to pull off.....not as much intricate technique required....Hell I dunno...all this stuff is new to me...isnt this the Stand Up forum???

I agree Twisted, Wrist locks are pretty difficult to pull off if someone is trying to take your head off...Im sure someone with a great deal of experince might be able to but it would take ALOT of training IMO.

We train in a few but they are always off of various choke or hold defensese, where you already have their arm so you can control them and beat them down..they are pretty effective like that :D

Blackbeltnow wrote...

why won't you answer my questoin masterless? tell me one fight where hapkido beat a good fighter? u still havne't commented on gracie vs hapkido master fight.

Your right BBnow. I dont know of any pure Hapkido person beating another good fighter in MMA or NHB events. Its possible some fighters once trained it but went on to other MA such as myself. ANd I have never seen or heard the Gracie fight u mentioned.

Regardless of that. Hapkido has its own merit as being a well rounded MA that is VERY useful for street combat and self defense. If u think otherwise why dont u go to a local Hapkido school and challenge them to a NHB fight.

hahahahhaa u swear i'm a blackbelt in BJJ?? (u can't get blackbelts in MT or wrestling. ppl think ur good only if you ARE good) there are only 200 BJJ blackbelts in the world!!!

Yes! We all now know your not a blackbelt, through your own ignorance your lie has been revealed!!!

All your credibilty is gone. Your just another wannabee talking trash on shit you cant understand.

You should change your name to BIGBITCHNOW!!!

Originally posted by fujita gou
1what i do know about hapkido is they'll let anybody buy their black belt.
2 ive seen some sorry fat asses who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with 3rd and 4th degree black belts who deal only in theories of fighting
3 ive never seen a fat thai instructor who does M.T.
your exasperation betrays you. you must be a hapkido practitioner. hmm?
listen no offence to any one who does this hapkido stuff but it's obviously derived from aikido.

1. There might be schools where this is possible, I don't know, like I said before, it's very important to which school you go. And that's a fact for all martial arts.
2. It's not about the belt, it's about yourself. Anyone can master techniques, but the way you use them is the most important.
3. aikido was developed around the same time when hapkido was developed. Both styles may have a little of the same background from older styles, but all styles have this.

I just don't like it when people start their disrespect against a martal art where they know nothing about, hapkido can be teached in a way that's very simular to juijitsu, with the standup techniques, and that's how I like it, and that's how I think it's one of the greatest martal arts - all round. Maybe there are some schools that only teach some traditional techniques, and that's cool too, only less effective in a real fight... I think all martial art should be respected, and I think that people who don't have that respect are just plain pathetic and useless...

Also, my above post is of no offence to anyone here, but I hope all of you guys read it and agree with me here.

Also, my above post is of no offence to anyone here, but I hope you guys read it and agree with me here.

Yes! We all now know your not a blackbelt, through your own ignorance your lie has been revealed!!!

ur so dumb. u act like u accomplished something. NO ONE HERE IS A BLACKBELT. for 99.99% of the US population, its IMPOSSIBLE to ahve a blackbelt unless you do some mcdojo art like hapkido. did u read what i said? and did you read what "blackbeltnow" stands for?? it stands for "pay 1000$ get ur blackbelt now". what lie is that? this is the truth of ur martial art. blackbelts are easy to buy, including hapkido blackbelts. my name is the parody of the reality of ur martial art and others. oh my ur so young :rolleyes:

You should change your name to BIGBITCHNOW!!!

this quote sums ur logic and example-giving skills best. where did this name come from? am i big? do i bitch a lot? when? now?

yes your bigbitchnow in these forums. You have proven that on your own.

Back