Hapkido

Originally posted by masterless
Again a fool emerges and barks off his/her ignorance.

Have u ever fought someone thoroughly trained in Hapkido.

I doubt it.

They would show u unimaginable pain. There is a reason why eye gouges and fish hooking is not accepted in MMA.

But if all u care about is competition, so be it. Im sure your a real winner with over 1300 posts...

Anyone can fish hook or gouge eyes. You don't have to have a black belt in jack shit to do that and that is why you can not do it in mma.

Eye gouges can be a useful technique, but to think that anyone can just eyegouge and beat a serious Fighter is nonsense,

I think dirty tactics are very useful, but they should be on top of an ability to fight not a substitute.

Im not bashing Hapkido, Since i know very little about it, just my thoughts.

Read any history book concerning hapkido and you'll find it's just stand up JJ with fancy kicks from taekwon. The fights in Billyjack were all done by a hapkido master.

Again a fool emerges and barks off his/her ignorance.

Have u ever fought someone thoroughly trained in Hapkido.

I doubt it.

They would show u unimaginable pain. There is a reason why eye gouges and fish hooking is not accepted in MMA.

But if all u care about is competition, so be it. Im sure your a real winner with over 1300 posts...

HAPKIDO PPL DON'T SPAR!! OF COURSE I CAN'T EVER FIGHT WITH THEM!!! THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SPAR BECAUSE OF SOME WACKY REASON. EXCUSE FOR DODGING FIGHTS.
READ W AHT I SIAD. YOU CAN NOT BE A GOOD FIGHTER IF U NEVER FOUGHT. NO ONE WINS THEIR FIRST SPARRING SESSION AGAINST SOMEONE WHO HAS SPARRED. THIS MEANS HAPKIDO HAS A 0% CHANCE OF BEATING AN EXPERIENCED FIGHTER.

your post lacks PROOF. dont' accuse me of being ignorant. i've done hapkido with TKD. i don't give a damn of ur opinion if u can't back it up w/ facts.

i wrote down a lot of examples in my first post. i DARE you to tell me any one of the things i mentioned is wrong. give me counterexamples, i dare you.

and speak for urself. u never wrestled, nor sparred. u dont' even know what its like to get hit or taken down or suplexed, or slammed on ur neck. u don't even knwo what its like to counter the opponent who doesn't do a nonchoreographed attack.

In one of the Gracies in Action tape I think they show Royce spar some world grandmaster Hapkido guy. Royce takes him down and submits him 2 or 3 different times before the guy can get in a strike, and he seemed clueless on the ground.

Then again, one of my buddies trained in Hapkido and found it very helpful when he got jumped by 2 guys at once, where I guess the strikes might be more effective.

If it was a grandmaster it was probably an older guy... so that would be strange...

Originally posted by BlackBeltNow
HAPKIDO PPL DON'T SPAR!! OF COURSE I CAN'T EVER FIGHT WITH THEM!!! THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SPAR BECAUSE OF SOME WACKY REASON. EXCUSE FOR DODGING FIGHTS.
READ W AHT I SIAD. YOU CAN NOT BE A GOOD FIGHTER IF U NEVER FOUGHT. NO ONE WINS THEIR FIRST SPARRING SESSION AGAINST SOMEONE WHO HAS SPARRED. THIS MEANS HAPKIDO HAS A 0% CHANCE OF BEATING AN EXPERIENCED FIGHTER.

your post lacks PROOF. dont' accuse me of being ignorant. i've done hapkido with TKD. i don't give a damn of ur opinion if u can't back it up w/ facts.

Fact is that this is bullshit!

I do hapkido and we spar all the time, submission AND standup. So SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THESE STUPID LIES!!!! I HATE WHEN PEOPLE TELL BULLSHIT!!!

Another fact is that no matter which style you practice, if you practice it at a bad school you'll suck, if you practice it at a good school then you'll see the true potantial of the style.

Scorpion kicks ass with it.

GET OVER HERE!

Ive asked this on a different thread, but didnt really get a good answer about it....Pi Gua....do they really have those killer leg kicks?...some of them look like they could really hurt...

Cool, another Scorpion fan :)

I really liked it when I saw that my favourite Mortal Kombat character had Hapkido as his style in the game :)

About your question, I don't know, I only know about hapkido

blackbeltnow is so clueless, its pathetic.

Written by masterless
Sparring was a must

Read the post you idiot! This just proves my point on what a fool you are. Pay attention now moron...

I dont know of which Hapkido schools you have been to(and I bet you just talking out of your ass and have never been to a reputable one) but at the school I trained at there was sparring. And sometimes we ended up on the ground. My instructors showed me that if anyone is going to try and rip your head off with grappling/wrestling(in street combat) then its time to implement survival. Which means "Life or Death," still follow blackbeltnow? Which means if someone tries wrestle with me they better have a high tolerance for pain because I will eye gouge them with my fingers or keys(if handy), elbow their face in, kick them in the nuts, take a pen/pencil out of my pocket and stab them in the neck, apply a fish hook, and/or tear their flesh off.

Hapkido has valuable techniques and is a well rounded art for street combat and self defense. But there is minimal grappling in Hapkido. I never said it was the greatest art. Wrestling sure as hell isnt the greatest either. Blackbeltnow wanted to talk sh!t and say "its usesless", what an idiot. Anyone who blindly makes comments without any knowledge is just plain ignorant. Proving my point. Blackbelt now is ignorant

Obviously u cant shut up about your opinion just because you make yourself look like an idiot and want to try to make a comeback. Its sad to think how worthless you must feel to have to prove yourself on these forums...

Originally posted by fujita gou
aikido rip off with some tkd thrown in.

Would people please shut up saying this! Aikido is totally different, hapkido is more line juijitsu (we once had a host-class of a juijitsu master and he said so), about tea kwondo, also bullshit, cause hapkido has it's own kicks and punches.

Why do some people here want to show how stupidly ignorant they are by posting about something they know NOTHING about. That's really bad for this kick ass board, I wish those people would just fuck off!

Luckily, there are a couple of guys that know what they are talking about (like masterless), my thanks to them!

if hapkido is so good how come i dont' hear anything about it? its only good in YOUR eyes. have someone who doens't do it, tlel you its good. they won't, unless they do some other mcdojo MA. those mcdojo moves in blackbeltmag don't impress me either. TKD spars, but what happens when u let him fight a kickboxing match w/ a BJJer? the BJJer WINS.

wrestling isn't that great either? wrestling is one of the best standing arts. in the street, it is THE best MA. in the ring or ocatgon, its only a fraction.
Blackbelt now is ignorant

why are you only attacking me? other ppl here are also "ignorant'. read the post about the gracies beating a hapkido master. explain that.

...because I will eye gouge them with my fingers or keys(if handy), elbow their face in, kick them in the nuts, take a pen/pencil out of my pocket and stab them in the neck, apply a fish hook, and/or tear their flesh off.

omg this is hapkido? sounds like u got ripped off! anyone could do all that without going to calss! hahahhaa oh yea, except u guys do it "with style', slowly and honorably :rolleyes: you make it sound so easy to attack an MMAer. "rip their flesh" how are you going to do that? hapkido fireball?

Which means if someone tries wrestle with me they better have a high tolerance for pain
hapkido ppl have hi tolerance for pain? wrstlerrs can take slams, BJJ can take chokes, and kickboxers can take strikes. and the things u mentioned; if we can't tolerate thos things you mentioned, you think a hapkido person can tolerate those things (key, eye gouge) any better than a real martial artist! hahaha why would that be true?

People who are in the know, know.

I forgot I was trying to explain myself to a wrestler who has time to post 1400 times.

Blackbeltnow said...
Hapkido is useless. You dont even get to roll around with other boys.

Theres no point in arguing with a close minded fool like you.

Even your name is a lie. You definetly dont have a blackbelt in any style, you show no honor, intelligence, or respect. The things that make a true blackbelt.

Originally posted by Dark-Scorpion

Why do some people here want to show how stupidly ignorant they are by posting about something they know NOTHING about. That's really bad for this kick ass board, I wish those people would just fuck off!
Would people please shut up saying this!
1what i do know about hapkido is they'll let anybody buy their black belt.
2 ive seen some sorry fat asses who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with 3rd and 4th degree black belts who deal only in theories of fighting
3 ive never seen a fat thai instructor who does M.T.
your exasperation betrays you. you must be a hapkido practitioner. hmm?
listen no offence to any one who does this hapkido stuff but it's obviously derived from aikido.

has anyone seen Rorian Gracie fight that Hapkido master in "Gracies in Action", you might want to check it out....

""listen no offence to any one who does this hapkido stuff but it's obviously derived from aikido.""

the rest of your post was right but this is bullshit, aikido is japanese hapkido is korean.

Correct Malichi...

Aikido doesnt use kicks.

Aikido isnt really a martial art. Its an art but its on the peaceful flowing side like Tai Chi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back