• Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

• Halloween Resurrection

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

• Halloween '18

• Halloween Kills

• Halloween Ends

Results are only viewable after voting.
H20 was an abomination of shit. 90's scream style with the ugliest Mask and most passive least intimidating Micheal of any Halloween movie. The only thing it had going for it was Nostalgia and it failed.

2018 was superior in every way and is arguably tied with Halloween 2 for 2nd best movie. And its almost universally regarded that way with few dissenters.

Kills? yeah kills wasn't great. The only thing it had golng for it was the best looking Mask and one of the best intimidating portrayals of Myers ever. He was a killing machine in this movie and all the characters were so stupid you wanted them to die.
I can agree with you about H20 being a scream style ripoff with a shit mask, a non-scary Michael, and a weak ass storyline. But H'18 is an abomination and the worst movie in the franchise outside of Halloween Resurrection. It is truly a dogshit movie and boring from beginning to end. It's even less scary than H20.

HK was just more of the same dogshit.

Some of them still have some redeeming qualities. For example:

Halloween 2
fac3oUm.gif
Very likely the best tits in the entire franchise. We get to see them in all their glory in 4K but those dumbasses at Shout fucked up the transfer and literally, out the entire movie, the only time the perfect image glitches is right during her tit shot. It's only a second but dammit why did it have to happen RIGHT in that spot? lol

I can agree with you about H20 being a scream style ripoff with a shit mask, a non-scary Michael, and a weak ass storyline. But H'18 is an abomination and the worst movie in the franchise outside of Halloween Resurrection. It is truly a dogshit movie and boring from beginning to end. It's even less scary than H20.

H2018 started out strong very strong. Ending would of been fine to if Michael actually died. Say was impaled by the spikes then set on fire and beheaded.

Halloween 2018 is many many times better than h20. That is almost a universally shared opinion from folks who saw both movies and you are an aberration lol.

Kills and h20 often get compared and ranked close, but 2018 gets compared favorably to halloween 2 by all polls, reviewers and critics.

You are definitely a single dissenting voice in a sea of praise when it comes to 2018

Very likely the best tits in the entire franchise. We get to see them in all their glory in 4K but those dumbasses at Shout fucked up the transfer and literally, out the entire movie, the only time the perfect image glitches is right during her tit shot. It's only a second but dammit why did it have to happen RIGHT in that spot? lol

I’m definitely good with giving her best tits of the series. Sandy Johnson (michaels sister in H1) probably has a better pair, but they don’t get the proper reveal and display they deserve. She does have some choice playboy shoots which is a far better showcase for her talents.

This is a topic I could discuss all day, and Horror Movie Tits could be a 200 page thread. However the only way it could be done properly would involve a whole lotta bans.

Halloween 2018 is many many times better than h20. That is almost a universally shared opinion from folks who saw both movies and you are an aberration lol.

Kills and h20 often get compared and ranked close, but 2018 gets compared favorably to halloween 2 by all polls, reviewers and critics.

You are definitely a single dissenting voice in a sea of praise when it comes to 2018
I like 2018 enough and thought Kills was dogshit. But I've heard from a few people, mostly hardcore fans, that disliked 2018.

I'm with him not as strongly but I hated it too

Loomis was an abomination. GI Laurie was not fun. the overall movie was a big letdown for me.
I would in a rewatched list put it off till after 1,2,4,5,6,3,RZ1 then 18 followed by resurrection, h20, rz2

I'm with him not as strongly but I hated it too

Loomis was an abomination. GI Laurie was not fun. the overall movie was a big letdown for me.
I would in a rewatched list put it off till after 1,2,4,5,6,3,RZ1 then 18 followed by resurrection, h20, rz2
Loomis? Are we talking about the same movie? Loomis is dead by 2018 and is not in the movie. Perhaps you mean Dr sartain?

Loomis? Are we talking about the same movie? Loomis is dead by 2018 and is not in the movie. Perhaps you mean Dr sartain?
the doctor character

it's Halloween
that's supposed to be Loomis and he is supposed to be a good guy that kicks ass despite being old and frailish

Really the new Halloweens were really bad? I never seen the franchise before but I saw the new ones. I thought it wasn't too bad. It's not great but it killed time for me.

Really the new Halloweens were really bad? I never seen the franchise before but I saw the new ones. I thought it wasn't too bad. It's not great but it killed time for me.
I loved 2018 and think it is nearly tied for 2nd place. Nearly.

Kills sucked in most ways other than how menacing micheal was. The characters were so dumb you were rooting for them to get killed.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the gold standard as it feels like it could be a single movie like godfather 1 and 2.

3 isn't really a halloween movie
4 is better than most sequels.
5 sucked except for atmosphere
6 (both versions)was horrible
H20 was just a scream knockoff with the weakest least menacing micheal ever.
Resurrection was dogshit, but better than 6 lol

Zombieween was meh trailer park trash. Zombieween 2 was dumb

The first one is one of the greatest horror movies of all time. The rest are shit, including the two most recent ones.

Was there ever an explanation or backstory of why Michael Myers is the way he is?

I saw the first one years ago but never got into the series
They tried in some later films, but Carpenter never bothered with that shit in the first one.

“The Shape” was the boogeyman. Evil incarnate. There was no reason, no motivation, nothing. Just pure evil for evil’s sake.

That’s why his body was gone at the end. Evil can never truly be eliminated. The boogeyman simply returned to the shadows from whence he came.

Every attempt the sequels did at a back story and motivation only demythologized the character and made him less powerful, less frightening, and less real.

He worked best as the Shape. A total stranger massacring anyone and everyone, vomiting violence and destruction out for absolutely no reason is infinitely more frightening than whatever cult shit they came up with later, or the familial connection they pulled out of their asses for the sequel. That’s just dumb.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the gold standard as it feels like it could be a single movie like godfather 1 and 2.

I thought so as a kid, but then having seen 2 again as an adult, it is shockingly less well made as the original. Still has some classic kills, though.

As for the other sequels, 4 and 5 are the standouts. Particularly 4. Still cheesy, but some good stuff nonetheless. The damn rocking chair scene in 4, while predictable, gave me the fucking chills the first time I saw it in college (and maybe a few times since).

Michael hiding in the closet in 5 was surprisingly unexpected, as was the subsequent killing of the heroine from 4. It’s been decades since I saw it, but at least we got to see her naked before she died. College me wanted to wreck her. Still would today.

I thought so as a kid, but then having seen 2 again as an adult, it is shockingly less well made as the original. Still has some classic kills, though.

As for the other sequels, 4 and 5 are the standouts. Particularly 4. Still cheesy, but some good stuff nonetheless. The damn rocking chair scene in 4, while predictable, gave me the fucking chills the first time I saw it in college (and maybe a few times since).

Michael hiding in the closet in 5 was surprisingly unexpected, as was the subsequent killing of the heroine from 4. It’s been decades since I saw it, but at least we got to see her naked before she died. College me wanted to wreck her. Still would today.
1 is an atmosphere thriller. 2 is a straight slasher. 4 is waaaay better than 5. 5 had atmosphere and mood, but things in that movie were not great. Particularly the story. Still eons better than 6 lol.

2 still had one of the best"Appearances" in the series

2 still had one of the best"Appearances" in the series

I totally forgot Dana Carvey was in that before he was someone famous, lol

When the white face appears in the darkness background is always great. The scene from the original where Laurie is freaking out after finding all the kills, and he comes out of the room behind her, I almost shit myself. Did not help at all that at the time we lived in a house like that, and that room was situated where my bedroom was. So anytime in middle school I approached my bedroom, I was certain Micheal was lurking just out of sight in the dark.

Last edited:
1&2 were awesome , 4 was kinda blah but still not overly terrible. Number 5 and 6 were both crap but out of the two 5 was far superior . I actually really liked H20 it’s the movie that got me into Halloween and it still kinda holds up today. Another unpopular opinion of mine is that the first Rob Zombie Halloween wasn’t that bad, it’s exactly what you would expect from RZ tons of gore rednecks etc. The second RZ Halloween was probably one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen, his wife has zero reason to be in that movie and it came off so forced corny and lame. Halloween 2018 was also not overly bad aside from the fact Michael is a senior citizen and still stronger and more limber than an Olympic athlete.Halloween Kills was terrible , I can go the rest of my life without ever hearing “Evil dies tonight “ again. I left out Resurrection because that was more of a parody then a Halloween movie.

Back