Halle Berry set to star and direct in MMA-drama "Bruised."

"A disgraced mma fighter who walked out on their kid".

So basically another remake where the white dude got replaced by a black or female lead? Hollywood's gotta Hollywood I guess

9010367e8325abba0dcdcd9fdbbb352b.jpg

giphy.gif

Berry's arms are so thin she might break them when throwing those Ronda-like punches.
Exactly. She simply does *not* have a believable MMA fighter physique at all. Her upper body looks like she is .....I dunno.....some Hollywood celebrity or something. Oh WAIT !!!!!............

Example : For "Southpaw (2015)" movie, Jake Gyllenhaal absolutely trained hard and LOOKED like a boxer. You have to do that, spend 6 to 12mths getting physically ready for that kind of movie shoot for it to be semi-believable.

There should be a dramatic scene where she gets brutally battered in the ring by a Brazilian woman with bodybuilder abs, face & back acne, and a voice like Barry White, for added realism.

also I hope they manage to work some character obviously based on Jon Jones into the script

Halle Berry in Swordfish was a prime piece of ace.

Will it be a 52 year old fighter? I guess its not too unrealistic, either she could be in bad shape and fight Gaby in Japan, or be a good athlete and have a real shot at winning a UFC title.

Also, I bet it's gonna be filled with scenes on how she looks vulnerable, oh how gorgeous she is, but wait she is so though... Oh wait, now she is hurt even though she is so tough. Oh, these contrasts make for such beautiful scenes. Much art

2ca8486d2d46b76cd15646dc29be612d--halle-berry-berries.jpg

"The film revolves around a disgraced MMA fighter who finds herself having to deal with the return of her six-year-old son whom she walked out on years before.

She sets out to resurrect her career and face one of the rising stars of the MMA as she looks to become the mother her son deserves, according to Variety.com.

The actress, who recently wrapped filming opposite Keanu Reeves in the third John Wick film, will work with that franchise's fight choreography team for Bruised."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...l-debut-MMA-drama-Bruised-shell-star-too.html

WeepyLeafyIndochinahogdeer-max-1mb.gif

What will Hollywood get wrong about the sport this time?
It's a movie. Who gives a fuck what they get wrong. I wouldn't care if they said all MMA fights are 4 rounds and soccer kicks are legal. We're probably going to get to see Halle's titties. It's worth any amount of misinformation. LOL

ab6e376a0358223b1d88b11e9f16bc08.jpg

Unfortunately for Halle Berry since the mid 90's the world has learned what real fighting looks like and guys like Chuck Norris, Steven Segal and Jean-Claude Van Damme have become a joke. Suspension of disbelief has pretty much destroyed raw martial arts movies.

Was that a typo? Six year old SON? Shouldn’t it say grandson?

also I hope they manage to work some character obviously based on Jon Jones into the script
Ron Jones will be the name of the drunk driver who T-Bones her car while driving with her kid

On a side note, this jumping switch kick by Paige barely lands. It's like a toe-on-jaw connection. Did Bec get paid to take a dive???
37A5CF5600000578-3762115-VanZant_demonstrates_the_pose_and_athleticism_that_has_her_desti-m-6_1472377801110.jpg

I've been wondering this too, looks staged.

Will only watch if Honda and Gina are in.

I don't care if she's 52.. I hope somebody makes her feel good.

Back