PC HADES 2 **Early access

Superb, never thought they'd do a sequel.

Superb, never thought they'd do a sequel.
Really? Thought exactly the opposite myself and a question of when.

Really? Thought exactly the opposite myself and a question of when.

They said at one point that they'd never make a sequel just for the sake of it, and it would have to be a unanimous decision to make one so they'd go into it with the perfect mindset. They just like making unique stories and every game they've made has been a completely different genre while keeping their signature art style, but i think they know they found something they could build off of with Hades and i'm so glad they're making a sequel.

Supergiant Games and Team Cherry are the two developers i have the utmost faith in to give me a game i'll love so it's a day 1 buy for me.

They said at one point that they'd never make a sequel just for the sake of it, and it would have to be a unanimous decision to make one so they'd go into it with the perfect mindset. They just like making unique stories and every game they've made has been a completely different genre while keeping their signature art style, but i think they know they found something they could build off of with Hades and i'm so glad they're making a sequel.

Supergiant Games and Team Cherry are the two developers i have the utmost faith in to give me a game i'll love so it's a day 1 buy for me.
Did not know; good stuff. When a property gets enough traction though – like Hades, studio ethos will be revisited; this was what I made my assumption on (that a sequel is likely). Supergiant has a track record – fair, but faith in Team Cherry? Big Hollow Knight fan but faith in as much is without any measure; hope or optimism, more reasonably said.

I've ordered, but not received & played, the original Hades and am looking forward to experience it.

Happy to hear it was such a success a sequel is being made.

SuperGiant Games never disappoints. Been a fan since Bastion and I played the original to hell (no pun intended) since Early Access and will do the same for this one.

Hades is not just one of my favorite roguelikes of all time but one of my favorite games of all time. Absolute masterpiece.

Did not know; good stuff. When a property gets enough traction though – like Hades, studio ethos will be revisited; this was what I made my assumption on (that a sequel is likely). Supergiant has a track record – fair, but faith in Team Cherry? Big Hollow Knight fan but faith in as much is without any measure; hope or optimism, more reasonably said.

Team Cherry has always been transparent in everything they've done, and with Silksong it was originally gonna be a paid DLC after all the free ones, but instead they were like "Sorry guys, but that Silksong DLC we promised is gonna be a full game instead" and fans loved it. They've repeatedly said they aren't gonna push Silksong out until it's 100% in the state they want it to be which is the philosophy Supergiant Games had with Hades before taking it out of early access.

Just two very likeable devs that are all about pleasing consumers. Not saying that either dev will never disappoint people, but currently i have complete faith in whatever either dev tries to sell me.

I'm currently on a 570 game win streak for the first one. I just can't get bored.

One of the best games of last gen, I'm super excited and worried at the same time.

They always said they don't make sequels but those Hades dollars might have been simply to good to pass on. Hope it really is another passion project like their other games.

Awesome. The first one is basically game of the year 2 or 3 years in a row for me.

Loved the first one. This trailer looks promising.

I've put about 8.5 hours into the early access so far. I bought it because it was surprisingly cheap in my region (about 15 usd).

Differences:

Your character now has mana bar, holding the attack, special or cast buttons will do powerful magic spending attacks.
Different gods: Apollo, Hephaestus, Hestia, Selene are the new ones I saw.
Dash: You can't spam it multiple times in a row anymore, after the initial dash, if you keep holding the button, you will run faster than the normal speed.
All weapons are new
Tools: Fishing rod is not the only tool you have, you choose your tool each time you head out like weapons.

Same:

Story unfold the same way, you collect stuff to upgrade yourself and form friendship/bond gradually.
Art style / music : If you like the previous game's aesthetics, you will like this too, very similar.
Difficulty: If you're not good at action games, be prepared to be stuck in some progression at times.
Shop mechanics: Still shop through Charon, but he does do supply run to your base now.

Overall, automatic recommend especially if you like the first.

Last edited:
Thread title updated! Thanks for the bump. @Plutoburn

Will this be a PC-only tile or multi?

Thread title updated! Thanks for the bump. @Plutoburn

Will this be a PC-only tile or multi?

there will be console version at some point

We do not have a release date set for the completed Hades II v1.0, and expect to be in Early Access at least through the end of 2024. We expect for Hades II to eventually be available for PC, Mac, and console platforms (though cannot confirm which platforms yet).

there will be console version at some point

Thanks. Going to mark discussion PC for now.

I have fought the final boss two times now. This son of a bitch is going to eat his words when I get my arcana up.

Doesn’t early access kind of kill the hype and possibly cause burn out before the game even releases? I never been a fan for this reason.

Doesn’t early access kind of kill the hype and possibly cause burn out before the game even releases? I never been a fan for this reason.
It can for some. I personally like seeing a game grow and what major changes the devs implement like I did for the development and Early Access of the first Hades. Never caused me any burnout and actually made the final version a lot more fun for me because of how much different of a product it was in the long run.

Can be a hype slayer, yeah – has to be for some. I think early access a newer thing and some even argue it a FOMO marketing ploy tacked on to more traditional playtesting of alpha and beta production builds. Early access might have benefits in concept but here, for example, Supergiant has said it will run at least until January 2025, at what rate I have to think overexposure, no? Long time.

On the contrary, Baldur's Gate 3, iirc, had a lengthy early access (years?) and that went on to do extremely well. I'm a registered playtester for two studios but no-one has ever said, yo, play this for 12 months and submit your feedback, aaayyy.

Going to have to leave it at not being the target demographic myself for early access. In MP and GaaS titles, there'd be more early access pull for me if exclusive vanity or swag was awarded but for SP rogues, it's genre diehards only, I have to think.

Back