Gymnast injury

VhPDb1s.jpg
]

I shouldn't have watched that.

VAKQc.gif

I saw that story pop up yesterday but couldn't bring myself to click through, until I saw it reposted again here.

It was actually less gruesome than I expected. Which I guess means this place has done its job desensitizing me to human suffering?

No most of the men are quite healthy.

A lot of the women go from exercising 6 hours a day to doing bugger all so might have a weight issue.
nah, most retired female gymnasts are really hot. They fill out and mature so they end up looking better in adulthood.
here's former Olympian Shannon Miller now at age 40:
488810348_shannon-miller-1.jpg

and in her awkward teenage years when she won gold.
226842_shannon-miller-1.jpg

I remember seeing a lot of retired gymnasts coming out for the Nassar trial and none of them were out of shape.
0119_aly-raisman-1-1000x605.jpg

Peep Raisman's IG if you want proof.

c4lytcxdr1ut8ckcuvmu.jpg

"Last Friday at the NCAA Regional Semifinal in Baton Rouge, Auburn senior gymnast Samantha Cerio was just beginning her first pass on the floor exercise when disaster struck. Cerio launched into a handspring double front, a skill that requires a blind landing. However, she came in just a bit too high, and she suffered a catastrophic injury when she hit the floor."

warning: it's graphic, but nothing a seasoned sports fan hasnt seen before.

According to the Times-Picayune, Cerio broke both of her legs and dislocated both of her knees. The two-time All-SEC gymnast was stretchered off in two aircasts as the crowd cheered for her, and her teammates rallied to post their second-highest score of the year and advance into the Regional Final. Yesterday, Cerio announced on Instagram that “Friday night was my final night as a gymnast.”

It's such a strange sport man. Wife and I talk about this a lot and if we ever have kids they'll be sent to train gymnastics as soon as they can walk, but only to build up enough strength for weightlifting. Competitive gymnastics is a game of waiting for a catastrophic injury to a major joint. I have immense respect for high, or even mid-level gymnasts, these people are fucking scary strong, but I wouldn't wish to deal with the kind of toll their body takes by the time most of them retire. Do gymnastics till like 13-14 to get strong, switch to weights/powerlifting, that's it...

nah, most retired female gymnasts are really hot. They fill out and mature so they end up looking better in adulthood.
here's former Olympian Shannon Miller now at age 40:
488810348_shannon-miller-1.jpg

and in her awkward teenage years when she won gold.
226842_shannon-miller-1.jpg

I remember seeing a lot of retired gymnasts coming out for the Nassar trial and none of them were out of shape.
0119_aly-raisman-1-1000x605.jpg

Peep Raisman's IG if you want proof.

Word. Look at Camille Leblanc Bazinet for example ;)

It's such a strange sport man. Wife and I talk about this a lot and if we ever have kids they'll be sent to train gymnastics as soon as they can walk, but only to build up enough strength for weightlifting. Competitive gymnastics is a game of waiting for a catastrophic injury to a major joint. I have immense respect for high, or even mid-level gymnasts, these people are fucking scary strong, but I wouldn't wish to deal with the kind of toll their body takes by the time most of them retire. Do gymnastics till like 13-14 to get strong, switch to weights/powerlifting, that's it...
you & your wife talk about turning your children into powerlifters??

I heard a story once of a teen who broke both of his arms and therefore was unable to masturbate. So his mother would help 'relieve' the tension.

So as bad is this may look just remember that at least this girl doesn't have to jack some maladroit kid off.

And masturbation was just the beginning... Pretty sure it was a reddit story. Quality story, would read again.

Don't worry she's probably not good enough.
Actually not as good as that girl obviously but shes level 6 n does all the flips on floor I saw there, beam , vault , n bars. She finished 2nd in the state meet a month ago. At 11 years old that's decent I think.

Sucks to see that but before I came in here I though I might have seen something about a gymnast landing on their head and breaking their neck or something. Good thing that wasn't the case.

Absolutely not watching, good thread though! l@nd0

you & your wife talk about turning your children into powerlifters??

She's a former soccer player who deadlifts 300, I'm a self-trained powerlifter. All we see is benefits to lifting and, frankly, zero costs if you learn your shit.

Last edited:

just thought i would lighten things up a bit.

Sucks to see that but before I came in here I though I might have seen something about a gymnast landing on their head and breaking their neck or something.

Was it a little Chinese girl? That one was more disturbing IIRC

Back