Gym Idiots v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioning anything lifting related on FB makes a person look like a tool, but why mock the 285 part? Shaming someone just because they're weaker than you isn't cool.

285x2 is about what I can do, and I'm pretty proud of that number for my size. Lightweight who could make feather with a couple dedicated months again.

Its a pretty huge number as far as im concerned. I mean sure, there are guys that bench double that, but its still a hell of alot stronger than most people will ever be, lifters or not.

Mentioning anything lifting related on FB makes a person look like a tool, but why mock the 285 part? Shaming someone just because they're weaker than you isn't cool.

285x2 is about what I can do, and I'm pretty proud of that number for my size. Lightweight who could make feather with a couple dedicated months again.

I call shenanigans on you benching 285. Everyone knows the 275 is the most someone can bench.

I call shenanigans on you benching 285. Everyone knows the 275 is the most someone can bench.

Don't most gyms have a system where an alarm goes off if the barbell is loaded with more than the 230 which causes the barbell to self destruct?

Also, what's the etiquette on using two things at once? I wanted to squat but there was a guy who was "using" it for OHP while he was doing seated OHP on a bench near it. I think he was going like 1 set of each with like 2 minute break between sets. I thought I could just do a little accessory work while I wait which I usually do at the end but nope he took up the last bench, so I just left because I was under time constraints to get to College. (and I hate not completing a workout).

Last edited:
Don't most gyms have a system where an alarm goes off if the barbell is loaded with more than the 230 which causes the barbell to self destruct?

Where you live, maybe. Most third world gyms don't have such alarm system and so you end up seeing monsters. That's the case of that Da Souza dude who has insane arms, his case was linked to on this forum last week I think. Due to the barbells being primitive and not including such alarm system, he progressively loaded up the barbell until his body secreted oil and alcohol, mostly to his arms.

Sick of seeing people sitting on benches texting. This one guy put his shaker on the leg press while he went to triceps pulldowns and came over when I moved his shaker and said"im using this" then seen how pissed I look said "you can work in".

Also, what's the etiquette on using two things at once? I wanted to squat but there was a guy who was "using" it for OHP while he was doing seated OHP on a bench near it. I think he was going like 1 set of each with like 2 minute break between sets. I thought I could just do a little accessory work while I wait which I usually do at the end but nope he took up the last bench, so I just left because I was under time constraints to get to College. (and I hate not completing a workout).

pls respond

You don't fucking use two stations at once at a public gym, period. Push comes to shove, your money's just as much to the gym owners as the gear-hogging dummy's.

grinds my gears when people, but especially grown ass men, go shadowbox obnoxiously loud in the weights or stretching areas. you could've fucking shadow boxed at home or in the actual boxing gym.

it becomes especially awkward when theyre bad at it but are really showy about it. social etiquette..

This has been an issue lately.

Happens too often at my gym

*walks over to take off weights on barbell and replace them*

*guy looks up from phone sitting on bench half way across the gym*

"HEY BRO IM USING THAT!"

*guy sits back down and continues texting*

I feel that the rule should be if you are using two stations. Prepare to lose one if someone ask for it.

grinds my gears when people, but especially grown ass men, go shadowbox obnoxiously loud in the weights or stretching areas. you could've fucking shadow boxed at home or in the actual boxing gym.

it becomes especially awkward when theyre bad at it but are really showy about it. social etiquette..
ive seen this twice in my life, uts ridiculous to watch, one guy had hand wraps on also.

The secret to a public gym is to hog the squat rack. I arrive. I stay at the squat rack for 2 hours. I leave. I'll wait 20 minutes to get one because once I get it, it's mine. Anyone can work in, and I'm cognizant of lingerers who are waiting for me to finish, and I will invite them to join my party. Bros NEVER work in. I dread bench day.. the day that I have to find a bench AND a squat rack in the same day. Bros repping 135 on the bench and reverse wrist curling in the squat rack. Terrible. It makes no sense to me to train in a way that isn't as alpha as possible. Why would you deliberately spend time being a pussy?

The secret to a public gym is to hog the squat rack. I arrive. I stay at the squat rack for 2 hours. I leave. I'll wait 20 minutes to get one because once I get it, it's mine. Anyone can work in, and I'm cognizant of lingerers who are waiting for me to finish, and I will invite them to join my party. Bros NEVER work in. I dread bench day.. the day that I have to find a bench AND a squat rack in the same day. Bros repping 135 on the bench and reverse wrist curling in the squat rack. Terrible. It makes no sense to me to train in a way that isn't as alpha as possible. Why would you deliberately spend time being a pussy?

I was in agreement with you, riiiiiight up until these two sentences.

Unless you do wrist curls, then I think you agree with me. I'm talking about males 16-40 who specifically lift weights. Everyone has a different goal, but working on your pec separation is a shitty goal and the most unacceptable of all goals. There are three reasons to train: to get good at sports, to improve your health, and/or to be strong as shit.

Just had a big bro chick who walks around with a weight belt on to hit all the machines walk by me and loudly say "maybe people shouldn't text on their phones" as I was staring at my rest timer.

There seems to be a group of these bro girls who just walk around acting like total bitches. There was another girl who flipped out on a couple kids who were doing light lat pull downs for a lot of reps. They told the chick that they were doing what they were told by their sports physio guy to recover from an injury and they are fairly successful competitive swimmers. She walked away and muttered "fucking pussies" then started doing curls and staring at them.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but don't you guys feel bad for the kids?

Hell if it was me I swear something would be said to that women. What's the worst she could do? Open your mouths, give her a dose of reality.

I love the deliberate squat-rack-hog/bros-don't-work-in strategy. Next time I go to my gym in Chiang Mai I might try to do an entire workout in the rack. The only guys there who would work in are the other guys who train for strength.

But, like Kiwi, "Alpha as possible"? I can't believe anyone takes that shit seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back