I completely do not understand Paul Craig.

At this rate, Craig is going to be in Karate Combat facing off against his high chin opponent, Rockhold.

He was out on his feet.
he is not a striker

He had bad and still has bad fundamentals. No head movement. Center line. Etc.

Some days you are the hammer
Some days you are the "Bully Bobby life-size realistic human shaped punching target"

Statiatically it should happen way more. In other sports there are plenty underdogs getting victories over the top dogs "sometimes". In MMA we got Craig, Michael Johnson and Keith Jardine. In K1 it would be Cyril Abidi.

It's style based. He can get the submission potentially vs pretty much anyone but if he doesn't he can lose to any top 15 or top 30 guys.

He has got 4 ranked victories, Hill, Kyrlov, Muniz and Ankalev.

Overal his stand up is below average.

Last edited:
Paul Craaeeeg. He eats haggis! And triangles Russian beasts! He also loses sometimes. The end

The list of people he beat is astounding.
The list of people he lost to, is astonishing.

Last night, this is Feldman:

"Oh my gosh, Paul Craig is using his face like a motionless mitt you hold up to build confidence in 3rd-grade girls taking their 2nd-ever karate class!
He's just standing there like a half-empty bag!
He's taking shots because he likes the taste of UFC glove paint!
He has the head movement of Joe Biden!
Paul Craig is going to get knocked the fuck out in the first round!
I think he bet against himself!
I think it is clear that Paul Craig bet his house that he would lose this fight!
Did the Rio mafia get to him?!
My mom would knock his teeth out!
Shut up Anik!
DC, what the fuck is happening here?!?!
Are we safe? Do we need to leave now?"

I like Feldman.
I also like the girl commentator, she does a good job.

I think they need to bring back Chael. I would give it a whirl.

Have you ever heard of this guy, Michael Johnson? Same shit

He's one of those guys who would've been a killer 20-30 years ago.

At this stage in the game he's just a solid journeyman.

Some men just like the taste of their own blood.

He is just not athletic. He isn't going to get much better at striking. He is just one of those guys who can train in striking for many years and just not get decent at it. He is like old school BJJ fighters who can't strike or wrestle well. He would have killed it if he fought in Japan.
This. His ground game doesn't rely on athleticism and his lack of athleticism kills his striking and wrestling. He's basically a modern Royce Gracie out there (still has some striking/wrestling, but it isn't high level for the UFC).

I always wanted to watch them roll since Craig moved down, it would've been epic. Seems like a matchup where the striker is almost as slow/uncoordinated as Craig himself lol, though it might become one of Dolidze's random knockout wins.

I suspect you're right suggesting he might be Robocop fodder. Phil Hawes vs Paul Craig would've been a good fight if they hadn't cut Hawes loose, but it was time for him to go

They both have uniquely terrifying bottom games and super-dynamic guards for two plodding ex-205ers. The idea of them engaging in scrambles on the mat would've been chef's kiss stuff for sure. That said, I do suspect that if the fight had ever actually happened that -- regardless of the outcome of the scrambles -- the fight would've ultimately been decided with a sloppy brawl in the clinch or the pocket where Dolidze's power, aggression, and superior chin would have likely won out.

Wow, Hawes vs. Craig... that would've been almost impossible to predict. Hawes toward the end of his UFC career is one of the few people Craig would be capable of potentially KO'ing with the right shot, lol. I also think that if he had tried to take Paul down he would have gotten embarrassed and submitted or swept and pounded out. However, if he just played it smart and fought a defensively-sound sprawl-n-brawl gameplan, he had all the tools to outstrike Paul to either a dominant Decision or late TKO of his own.

I've always been floored that Craig is capable of winning fights. He doesn't have the wrestling to get most down and his lack striking and lack of athletic ability is staggering quite frankly.

I mean, Craig is a Scottish guy who calls himself BearJew.

That's like an Asian guy calling himself the Nordic Dream.

It don't make no sense.

He fights like his nickname.

He will get knocked out in every future fight. He‘s shot and has no striking defence. His chin will not last any longer.
He’s the perfect guy for prospects, who need a spectacular finish. And the UFC will use him for that. Poor Paul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back